Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Telstra Bigpond

Thanks

If you are using their webmail system it goes up and down, its been terrible since they revamped it. I tend to be lazy and harass the bigpondteam on twitter about problems like this and they usually do something to get it going again.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to roguefan99 For This Useful Post:

anyone (26-11-10)

Thanks

Hi All,

I also changed to the 200 GB plan, churned from internode. Went for the fast churn told me only 2 days. End up taking 1 month. Bitched and complained and recieved the first two months free plus a free wireless gateway (who's WPA algo is hackable in 30 seconds using default password). Always use the online chat as you can keep a copy for disputing what was said

Connection has been rock solid, Full speed all of the time. Also stuck on a rim so max 8000/384.

It's been 3 months and i have had zero issues

I also thought i would never say churned to Bigpuddle.

Cheers

Extradry

Thanks

Yep

Swapped to the 200gb cable plan a few months ago.

Couldn't be happier.

Lots of GBs & fast downloads 4.5mb

No issues

It is a little bit expensive, but it's worth every cent.

Thanks

finally got switched to the adsl2 200gig

they fooked up the switch over so got $200 credit,and this morning found out they block port 25 for outbound mail but that was sorted by just getting a static ip.

so far very happy with it no drop outs and getting 1020 kbps up and 18420 kbps down
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks

...late in the piece but all ADSL1 Connections are wholesaled from telstra. And bigpont internet is not telstra internet - they're two separate companies - that why majority of people hate telstra tech support, whilst myself and other up here in corporate land love the guys at telstra (Although quite a few of you seem fairly happy with them now...)

ADSL1 uses the telstra network to get a connection from your premesis, back to your ISP's premesis. Your ISP then wholesales bandwidth to giv you, from telstra, or another provider. Usually the bottlenecks occur in getting the data through the exchange to the telstra core.

ADSL2 Uses telstra equipment (IE, the copper...) back to the exchange, and from there its the provider that does the backhaul...

This is why changing providers (most of the time) makes no difference on ADSL1, but can make a difference on ADSL2.

• The Following User Says Thank You to TehEkHo For This Useful Post:

mandc (25-11-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TehEkHo View Post
    ...late in the piece but all ADSL1 Connections are wholesaled from telstra. And bigpont internet is not telstra internet - they're two separate companies - that why majority of people hate telstra tech support, whilst myself and other up here in corporate land love the guys at telstra (Although quite a few of you seem fairly happy with them now...)

ADSL1 uses the telstra network to get a connection from your premesis, back to your ISP's premesis. Your ISP then wholesales bandwidth to giv you, from telstra, or another provider. Usually the bottlenecks occur in getting the data through the exchange to the telstra core.

ADSL2 Uses telstra equipment (IE, the copper...) back to the exchange, and from there its the provider that does the backhaul...

This is why changing providers (most of the time) makes no difference on ADSL1, but can make a difference on ADSL2.
    Not all adsl1 is wholesaled from telstra many companies have their own dslm's installed in PROFITABLE exchanges as is the same for some but not as much adsl2
    dont say linux if i wanted it id install it

Thanks
    Thanked 7,203 Times in 3,649 Posts

I finally have my 200Gb connection up and running after the Mrs made a complaint to the Telecommunications Ombudsman and a case was started.

What began as a one month wait after a same day promise ended as a 7-8 day wait to get connected.

Telstra offered to cover costs while i made other arrangements to have wireless internet till they got me connected which was good.

Now that its working, im surprised how quick it is compared to iprimus, the connection is flying.

On a good day i averaged 3-4Mbps with Iprimus.

Thanks

glad they sorted it out to your satisfaction, yes once the ombud office gets on it they decide to fix things pretty quick i have found

Thanks

Technical Failure

An error has occurred while trying to provide the page you requested. This may be due to a problem with your browser or may be as a result of a current system outage. You can check for outages using the
    pathetic blame a browser u lamers, strange things as when i play cod4 its worse than b4 4 lag but i can pull a 900mb movie in under 30 mins at 1.1mb/s, is that mega bytes or bits a bit of a diff by 8, my speed test shows a vast improvement but for games still a lagger, useless email page
    Last edited by anyone; 26-11-10 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anyone View Post
    strange things as when i play cod4 its worse than b4 4 lag page
    Pings of 25ms are pretty good on DSL 2 shouldn't be lagging too much

I have the same pings and no issues

Regards

Extra

Thanks

Got my adsl2 going, soooo much better than the wireless crazy johns I have been using for the last 12 months....lol.

• 05-12-10, 01:41 PM

Reason
    nothing to do with isps or the internet

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Well , 10 months after I churned to Telstra, what can I say ? The service has been faultless. Decent ping times, great download speed......the connection is as good (or better) as what I had at Internode.

Thanks

I know what I can say - Telstra can go to hell. I'll happily pay more NOT to be with them (and I probably do). Been with Internode for about 10 years, and currently on the $100 / 240 gig plan with ZERO issues !!
    When I was a kid, I used to have an imaginary friend. I thought he went everywhere with me. I could talk to him and he could hear me, and he could grant me wishes and stuff too. But then I grew up, and stopped going to church.

Otherwise known as VK4XA MaXiLeeCH's Avatar
    Thanks

That figure from our Telstra ADSL2 connection and is with 4 computers + 3 mobile phones all accessing the internet at once.
    I limit the download speed to 10Mbit by selecting ADSL2 and not 2+ in the DLink wireless router as anything faster than that and we get dropouts.
    We use the 200GB ADSL2+ Bundle and we couldn't be happier with it.
    We were 10 year customers of Internode and I am glad we made the move away from from them, they were getting too expensive and had too small a download allowance plus they could not offer us ADSL2 or 2+ (And they still cant).
    Their reliability is second to none though.
    Last edited by MaXiLeeCH; 23-04-11 at 09:26 PM.
    MaXiLeeCH
    Lord of his ring, keeper of his faith, master of no-one!

Thanks

yea i was a internode fan and customer for 10 years
    they could not offer me more speed telstra could
    went for the 89 a month (didn't get the tbox) 100gb bundle
    and was 10 bucks a month better of and double the data

as for tech support they are shit but i used internodes call back 4 times and never got the call back
    ps and i watch the v8 channel
    i am happy

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234