Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: found new cameras want external oppinions

Thanks

Default found new cameras want external oppinions

Hey guys

im new to this forum but been reading a few posts and i would like to get your oppinion on a particular camera i have found.

its called a Magic Camera supplyed by wholesalers based in australia, the camera mentioned is a night time surveillance camera without the use of infrared and is in clear colour.

i would like to get some oppinions on these cameras if anyone has come across them before.

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Clear colour in low light applications ? Wonder how low is low. I think I would need to see it to be a true believer.

Thanks

Default less light than i can see

One of my customers were very unimpressed with image quality of the IR cameras on a job I took over.
    I tried a magic camera, which is just basically an extremely low lux camera.
    The image quality in extremely low or low light is pretty unbelievable.
    I’m now using more magic’s than IR's now, and very rarely look back.
    In zero light, like in an office corridor ill still use a IR in the blink of an eye. But if there is just a tiny bit of light ill use a magic everytime

Thanks

I can't comment on this product specifically, but I'd be really interested to see how it performs with something moving in frame. A lot of these devices use image stacking as a means to compensate for low light conditions which leads to motion blur (Samsung SCC-931TP was one such camera.). The image from the camera depicted on their web site indicates little more than the unit not switching to B&W under low light conditions. I'd also doubt that it has a removable IR cut filter which in some implementations (usually the cheaper end of the market) leads to poor colour rendition in daylight. (black looking green etc).

It seems awfully cheap for the claims they're making. I'd also be interested to know the specs of the image sensor they're using. Anything's possible though, and it might just be a 'magic' new product.
    Last edited by Drift; 29-06-10 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

CNB have come out with Smart IR. At the end of the day you can peddle crap or offer your customers REAL CCTV solutions.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB-QSrWRUvg]YouTube - ldszkft CNB new intelligent IR kamera teszt video.wmv[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk1HY-BVL7s]YouTube - ldszkft CNB BLUE-I DSP WDR kamera teszt video.wmv[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQy2eupPNoQ]YouTube - ldszkft CNB MONALISA CCD 600TVL kamera teszt video.wmv[/ame]

Thanks

So really, CNB have only just caught up with Ikegami, Bosch & Panasonic.

Thanks

hey guys thanks alot for your input i think i might order a few of these cameras and set them up to see how they go will post in a week or so to see how my trails go

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Itsecurity View Post
    hey guys thanks alot for your input i think i might order a few of these cameras and set them up to see how they go will post in a week or so to see how my trails go
    I think I can guess...

Maybe I'm just getting cynical in my old age, but consider this:

Two posts, one asking about a product, the other saying it's terrific.
    Both posters, with no posting history registered on exactly the same date.
    Both posters struggle with basic punctuation and have similar writing traits.

Would it be fair then to call bullshit on the posts, and by association the vendor?

At least the spammers who harvest the ASIAL database and send us all junk email about cheap Chinese cameras are up front about it...

Better luck next time fellas.
    Last edited by downunderdan; 30-06-10 at 04:57 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

intelliGEORGE (07-07-10)

Thanks

downunderdan

I was about to comment "promotional sales" or cheap advertising.

Thanks

looks like cheap crap

Thanks

I Only found this thread because there isn't much info on the web about them.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tactref View Post
    I Only found this thread because there isn't much info on the web about them.
    Come on mate, do you think we're all stupid here? Google doesn't crawl the website on an hourly basis. 8hrs after the OP you made your comment.

Let's just assume you actually did search for "Magic Camera", Austech doesn't show up in the search engines. Even now after 1 week still no return in search engines... So you are either Itsecurity or work at the same place.

It's one thing to advertise a product, but it's another to treat us like idiots.

Thanks

Normally when one is in a hole, the best idea is to stop digging.

It's quite uncomfortable to watch someone going from dishonourable to downright dishonest.

What a shame that anyone considering Magic Camera and searching Google for Magic Camera might stumble across this page about Magic Camera and learn that certain people trying to promote Magic Camera have a serious problem with ethics.

Magic Camera.

Thanks

Here we go again.

Not content with merely spamming this forum, I just received a spam email from "Aussie Surveillance" flogging their Magic Camera.

It makes this breathtaking claim:
    Our Series 04 Magic cameras now come with 12 built in, energy efficient white LED’s to give you night time colour images in areas previously pitch black or where it was too dark to obtain clear, quality colour images. We believe that the Series 04 Magic cameras will give you the best quality night time surveillance of any camera on the market.
    Wow. Just wow. And for only five hundred bucks.

Are these guys for real? Bloody hell! Check out their FAQ:
    How to do recording with USB Stick?

1. First, you can do recording on the home page. Click right button on the video. There will print a function can set recording path and start recording, or you can choose the PC-Side of record setting. All the 2 ways are recording the files in your PC.

2. Another way you can also record the file in storage if your models have storage interface.

Choose the Recording Device to "USB" in storage page and you can sett recording time here.

Startthe Server-Side recording in home page. The recording file will be store in USB storage
    (sic)

So, add illiterate to unethical. I do hope anybody Googling for Magic Camera finds this page and knows how shonky Aussie Surveillance are.
    Last edited by downunderdan; 25-08-10 at 02:13 PM.

Thanks

Hey you Aussie you buy you buy, I speshal ply for you, belly speshal ply goo' top qual ity ploduct belly belly goo' la.

I must say though that Colin Andrew Smith doesn't sound like a particularly Asian name. Garage business no doubt importing direct from Shenzen. Registered business name only seemingly attached to no company.

The industry could really do with another Swann.
    Last edited by Drift; 25-08-10 at 02:23 PM.

Thanks

What's the issue with Swann?

Thanks

You smokin crack?

They're good for my business at least, with the number of people phoning and asking to have something decent installed following their experience with Swann.
    Last edited by Drift; 25-08-10 at 04:27 PM.

Thanks

Swann gear is cheap and caveat emptor' certainly applies. As do the valuable lessons from this video.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONqcZIgl8Tw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - I Need a Camera Alarm[/ame]

However, the behaviour of the vendor in this thread, flogging "Magic Camera" was unconscionable. Your post suggested Swann had acted similarly, which requires justification hence my comment. It seems that wasn't your intent though.

Cheap and Nasty doesn't mean dodgy or unethical. Just crappy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    Swann gear is cheap and caveat emptor' certainly applies. As do the valuable lessons from this video.

However, the behaviour of the vendor in this thread, flogging "Magic Camera" was unconscionable. Your post suggested Swann had acted similarly, which requires justification hence my comment. It seems that wasn't your intent though.

Cheap and Nasty doesn't mean dodgy or unethical. Just crappy.
    Oh no no no, quite the contrary. Swann as a company have not to my knowledge acted in a way I'd consider unconscionable. At least they peddle their wares through the likes of Dick Smith, and other consumer vendors (although I must question the motives of JMills taking it on) and don't make outlandish claims about their products.

Thanks

Usually if something sounds too good to be true...
    Shop around, even the Jaycar stores have good quality ir cams & dvr's with dvd inbuilt (at a price) the HIK range looks good.
    If you want a cheap job, buy cheap gear, but dont expect AWSOME results from "low end" gear.
    You get what u pay for.
    If you have the $$$ get the good stuff, don't pussy foot around.
    P.S. Any device with VGA output will be far better than anything with Composite output. Oh and buy a decent monitor too.
    Last edited by vmark; 25-08-10 at 07:10 PM.
    With 7 sat dishes in the yard & 6 sat receivers, I'd say I'm serious about the hobby! Welcome to my own Pine Gap.

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast