Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New version of Igo8.

Thanks

Default New version of Igo8.

Hi All,
    I am very new to this, so I hope I am doing this ok. I have a Chinese 7" GPS which I am very happy with. This runs Igo8 lewys edition 8.0.0.49545. I want to upgrade my Australian maps. I downloaded the file Igo R3 v8.3.4.142975 (May 2010). I unzipped it and then coppied it to the SD card. When I try to run the application it trys to start but then turns the GPS unit off. My Gps has a WinCe 4.2 operating system.
    If anyone can help I would be very grateful.
    Regards,
    Gps Jeeper

Look Here ->
    Thanks

At the time, new Igo R3 v8.3.4.142975 (May 2010) only support for 480_272 & 320_240 Res, so what's your unit res? I think 7" could be 800_480. If you want update latest Aus map (R17), you have to download full patch iGO8.2 , 8.3 or higher, because R17 not compatible with iGO8.0. version.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. The resolution of my gps is 480x272 (according to the manual)
    I registered with navngo and downloaded the Toolbox but it does not recognise my Gps so I can't get the patches. Is there another way to get them and if so how do I use them.
    Gps jeeper

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gps Jeeper View Post
    Thanks for the reply. The resolution of my gps is 480x272 (according to the manual)
    I registered with navngo and downloaded the Toolbox but it does not recognise my Gps so I can't get the patches. Is there another way to get them and if so how do I use them.
    Gps jeeper
    what did you add so far on the igo8 that you download? you need to add Sys.txt to taht download and files in content folder
    NOYPITS

Thanks

Hi Kukuk,
    I just downloaded Igo R3 v8.3.4.142975 from a link a member posted on this forum. this was a zip file not a rar file . I unzipped it to my PC and coppied it to an SD card. When I turn the GPS on and go to the nav settings the Igo application is there with its associated files but as soon as I select it, it turns the GPS off. I am not very computer literate so I don't follow what you mean about " add Sys.txt to taht download and files in content folder "
    Regards, GPS Jeeper

Thanks

Hi Kukuk,
    I just downloaded Igo R3 v8.3.4.142975 from a link a member posted on this forum. this was a zip file not a rar file . I unzipped it to my PC and coppied it to an SD card. When I turn the GPS on and go to the nav settings the Igo application is there with its associated files but as soon as I select it, it turns the GPS off. I am not very computer literate so I don't follow what you mean about " add Sys.txt to taht download and files in content folder "
    Regards, GPS Jeeper

Thanks

Hi drtgr,
    This may seem like a silly question but how do I go to settings in Igo8 when the Gps turns off as soon as I select the application.
    Gps Jeeper

Thanks

So, your device still loads Igo8 lewys edition 8.0.0.49545 O.K or not.

Thanks

Hi Ioagia,
    Yes, It still loads the older version fine. The two versions are on two different cards.
    My Gps is an older standard definition model, would the new version of Igo8 be designed for the new high definition units.
    Gps Jeeper

Thanks

Possible, you could try to do trick, copy save folder, sys.txt and all .dll files from old one to the card with new version and have a try, see how it loads?

Thanks

Hi laogia
    We might be getting somewhere. I did what you said . Now the unit does not turn off , but I get an error message, "Failed to open file:
    ui_igo8\480_234\loading.bmp
    exiting application.
    Gps Jeeper

Thanks

Hi laogia
    We might be getting somewhere. I did what you said . Now the unit does not turn off , but I get an error message, "Failed to open file:
    ui_igo8480_234loading.bmp
    exiting application.
    Gps Jeeper
    delete everything inside Save folder and try again
    NOYPITS

Thanks

Hi KuKuK,
    No luck, I tried what you said but I got the same message as before. "Failed to open file:
    ui_igo8\480_234\loading.bmp
    exiting application." This is all very frustrating, I thank you all for your help. I reccommended this GPS to quite a few friends in my 4WD club , mainly to run Oziexplorer, which it does very well. but I am getting a few complaints because they can't update Igo8, and the supplier is no use.
    Gps Jeeper

Thanks

I just have quick look on my multi data.zip, it has 480_234 folder, could be help you solve it out, but at the moments too busy, i'll upload tonight.

Thanks

Failed to open file:ui_igo8\480_234\loading.bmp

The data.zip file for iGO834 has dir: ui_igo8_da (note the da bit on end of file name). That is why program cant find the loading.bmp.

Open the sys.txt file and change the line skin="ui_igo8" to read skin="ui_igo8_da"

or instead of above method you can open the data.zip file with winzip, look for file named ui_igo8_da and rename it to ui_igo8 then save file.

Thanks

[QUOTE=Fringe;312693]Failed to open file:ui_igo8\480_234\loading.bmp

The data.zip file for iGO834 has dir: ui_igo8_da (note the da bit on end of file name). That is why program cant find the loading.bmp.

Open the sys.txt file and change the line skin="ui_igo8" to read skin="ui_igo8_da"

or instead of above method you can open the data.zip file with winzip, look for file named ui_igo8_da and rename it to ui_igo8 then save file.

Open sys.txt changes
    skin="ui_igo8_da"

Thanks

Hi all,
    Sorry I have not replied, but i have been very busy. I tried to do what you said but in the old version there was no line skin="ui_igo8"and in the new version I tried what you said but got the same result as above. I think I will delete everything and start again. Do you think it could be to do with the fact that I am doing all this on a laptop running windows 7. Should I try to do it on another computer with XP.
    Regards,
    Gps Jeeper

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

It should not make a difference Jeeper.

Thanks

Hi all,
    Sorry I have not replied, but i have been very busy. I tried to do what you said but in the old version there was no line skin="ui_igo8"and in the new version I tried what you said but got the same result as above. I think I will delete everything and start again. Do you think it could be to do with the fact that I am doing all this on a laptop running windows 7. Should I try to do it on another computer with XP.
    Regards,
    Gps Jeeper
    Try my Version with multiresolution data.zip, extract the file and copy IGO8 in the root of your SD card, you just need to fill in content folder with your files. (Map, DEM, building)..

Link:
    NOYPITS

• The Following User Says Thank You to kukuk For This Useful Post:

Malooski (07-07-10)

Thanks

H Kukuk,
    I did as you suggested. If I copy the extracted file to the SD card, when I select the application I get the message "Program application database cannot be found" . If I copy the extracted file from the Igo8 step onwards ( without the iGo8.3.4.xxxxxMay 2010)the Gps turns off as it did before.
    Gps Jeeper

• Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast