Thread: Strong 4800II

Thanks

Default Strong 4800II

Hi Guys
    Im finally up and running,was wondering if anyone has a channel list for Strong 4800II.Currently at aug/2004 or has a tut on how to do it.
    Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Thanks guys,worked it out

Thanks

Question SRT4800II Upgrades

Hi, I'm glad you worked it out - I'm afraid I'm missing something. On the Strong website, there's only Ver. 1.0 of both the Channel List & the Software, which I assume is the original software, given it dates back to 2003. Is there third party software (tested & proven) available which is more current? I've been sitting on Optus C1 for years, but have just bought an actuator, so an updated channel list would be right handy. Cheers

Thanks

Try emailing strong tech support direct they may have later versions. You will have to edit the transponder list for recent satellites.
    max
    Experience means nothing unless you learn from it

Thanks

Question No luck with Strong! Need help DiSCEqC Menu 480011

Quote Originally Posted by max gain View Post
    Try emailing strong tech support direct they may have later versions. You will have to edit the transponder list for recent satellites.
    Thanks, I rang Strong, but not much help - said I could load SRT 4820 S/ware, but I'm a bit sus, as there are marked H/W differences! Anyway, it won't help with Satellite & Channel list, as I think it's the same as the out-of-date one I've got. I'm resigned to enter stuff manually. Have just fitted an actuator, Powertech DG240, & when I issue Move East/West commands from the 4800, it goes the opposite way. I can live with that (designed for use in Nth hemisphere??), but I can't quite follow the DiSEqC menu. Neither manual is any help whatever. Under LNB Config/DiSEqC setting, there's a table with 3 headings "Committed", "Uncommitted" and "DiSEqC Repeat", each prompting for an input value. Can anyone provide a simple explanation for this setup. The actuator's doing what it's meant to when I change channels on different satellites, but it would be nice to understand it better.