Thread: IGO 8.3 on China double-din GPS system

Thanks

Default IGO 8.3 on China double-din GPS system

Been doing a fair bit of reading trying to find solutions to my problems but I seem to be getting nowhere so I'm hoping someone can give me some tips.

Situation is this:
    - Bought a double-din china GPS system (7" screen 800x480) and it came with iGo 8.3.2.96054. Problem is that is has the final destination bug where it keeps recalculating just prior to reaching the destination.

I've since tried the following:
    - Viewing the files on the SD card from the unit on a pc reader lets me see the iGO8 directory but I can't browser the contents for some reason .. so..
    - Tried getting a new SD card and started from scratch.. put on it the R17 maps and v.8.3.4.102680 files.

Now the path in the GPS unit seems to point to \StorageCard\iGo8 but setting that in the sys.txt has not helped as I'm getting the dreaded "Program Application Database Not Found" error.

Have tried heaps of different path combinations in the sys.txt but all to no avail. If I could only read the contents of the original SD I think I'd be able to troubleshoot this better.

Any ideas on the above are much appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Try this thread and start from scratch, worked for me.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Firiebob For This Useful Post:

lozenge (03-07-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lozenge View Post
    Been doing a fair bit of reading trying to find solutions to my problems but I seem to be getting nowhere so I'm hoping someone can give me some tips.

Situation is this:
    - Bought a double-din china GPS system (7" screen 800x480) and it came with iGo 8.3.2.96054. Problem is that is has the final destination bug where it keeps recalculating just prior to reaching the destination.

I've since tried the following:
    - Viewing the files on the SD card from the unit on a pc reader lets me see the iGO8 directory but I can't browser the contents for some reason .. so..
    - Tried getting a new SD card and started from scratch.. put on it the R17 maps and v.8.3.4.102680 files.

Now the path in the GPS unit seems to point to StorageCardiGo8 but setting that in the sys.txt has not helped as I'm getting the dreaded "Program Application Database Not Found" error.

Have tried heaps of different path combinations in the sys.txt but all to no avail. If I could only read the contents of the original SD I think I'd be able to troubleshoot this better.

Any ideas on the above are much appreciated.
    try deleting sys.txt and let the program generate its own...delete also all inside Save folder...
    NOYPITS

• The Following User Says Thank You to kukuk For This Useful Post:

lozenge (03-07-10)

Thanks

Default Miracles never cease

Wow.. thanks guys. I managed to get 3.8.4.142975 running on the unit. Awesome stuff. Sad thing is I'm not even sure what exactly made it work in the end.

I deleted everything and started from scratch and followed instructions on this thread () as suggested.

The path turned out to be /Storage Card/iGo8 which is odd because I'm sure I tried that before as well. Anyhoo.. bit of futher manipulation to find a data.zip and branding.zip with 800x480 resolution support and then adding the res info to my sys.txt

In the end, all that is in the sys.txt file is:
    Code:
    [folders]
    app="/StorageCard/iGO8"

[rawdisplay]
    driver="gdi"
    class="landscape"
    highres=0
    screen_x=800
    screen_y=480
    stretch=1
    So far so good, I have R17 maps loading up and all I need to find now are TTS voices and a 3D building file. I'm using POI and speedcams from an R16 release for now.

Still a shame I can't get onto that original SD card since it has all the voices, speedcams, buildings etc on it. Buggered if I know what is preventing read access to that folder under a WinTel machine.