Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Thanks

That's the biggest mistake I ever made. No backup and or noting down the firmware version. It won't happen again. As I notice the current PA06 is dual-core, my unit is single-core, is it safe to have a go at the 84A firmware (not 82A as you mentioned, right?) without permanently brick the poor thing?
    I'll do more research and post here while waiting for your response. Many thanks again for helping out.

Thanks

I have flashed the wrong firmware a few times, i have flashed the wrong resolution and i have flashed the wrong version firmware as well, all can be fixed with a reg/disk format and reinstall.

of course knowing what firmware you had makes it much easier!!

i would stay away from formatting the registry and disks for now as it can lead to even more problems if done wrong. Download the 800x480 version PA version and try it first.

remember to read the instructions on the first page the firmware flash will probably be in chinese.....click the left button on each window that pops up, the YES in chinese button.

it will update the rom ....reboot.....calibrate screen.....update menu....reboot.....hopefully running again...if so go into settings and change language from chinese to english.

NS
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm But Its The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese!

• The Following User Says Thank You to NoService For This Useful Post:

smartufo (11-07-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NoService View Post
    Ive never run into that problem my PA06 unit finds signals fairly fast and never drops out once fixed.

NS
    OK, the problem seems to be fixed. Anyway, can you point me to the latest firmware for this unit? Can WINCE 6.0 be installed on it?

Thanks

Default I've got my bricked unit back

Thank you soooo much, NS. I owed you big time. Armed with your info, I've got more confidence in having a crack at the firmware update. I had successfully loaded the PA06 version onto the bricked GPS and it is alive now. All functions work OK so far, only the Chinese WinCE 6.0 is a bit annoying but I'm more than happy to live with that for now. Some info during the firmware upgrade, hopefully it'll give someone else more info when needed. During upgrade, the system informs this message:
    - Update Package Version: V3.6.C173.1.08
    - Current Install Version: V3.6.E60.1.08
    Click OK to continue?

The unit is running C173 version now. Does it mean that my unit just got a downgrade? However the menu seems to have more features e.g. Word, Excel, PDF Viewer than the E60.

Thanks once again for the great post and wonderful help.
    Last edited by smartufo; 11-07-10 at 07:45 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to smartufo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey great stuff!!!

I'm glad this thread helped you!

Chinese Wince that's part and parcel of the menu. You could just use the English rom i posted and update the rom only, that would give you an english wince but the office and some other addons fail to work. Firmware downgrade/upgrade? who knows with these units the main thing is its not a paper weight now!

Now steer clear of Miopocket! Its a bastard on these units, it has semi bricked a few of my units, luckily for me (and you now) i had the firmware to fix it!

FYI most programs in Miopocket can be run without installing it, just copy them out of the unrared miopocket archives programs folder.

NS
    Last edited by NoService; 11-07-10 at 08:38 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antipatiko View Post
    OK, the problem seems to be fixed. Anyway, can you point me to the latest firmware for this unit? Can WINCE 6.0 be installed on it?
    If your unit is wince5 then NO YOU CANNOT put 6 on it!

If your unit IS wince6 then there is no need anyway!!

As for firmware id need more info

resolution
    ram
    os

Also what does your menu look like now? does it look like any on the first page?

NS

Thanks

Thumbs down Erase Registry, China GPS

I installed miopocket on my diret DT-560 and it screwed up the registry.

The unit reboots every 5 minutes or so and won't go into windows or the gps software. I can access it through usb as a disk but that's about it.

I can flash firmware all day but nothing changes.

Learned that mio sucks too late.

Here is the firmware:

How do I erase or reset the registry??
    Last edited by nxb; 11-07-10 at 10:11 PM. Reason: update

Thanks

nxb....i downloaded your firmware for a look and it looks nothing like YF brand firmware files...it looks more like evergrow.

anyway i have 2 files here

EraseReg.fmt

YFormat.fmt

erasereg.fmt will do just that ERASE YOUR REGISTRY on YF units, it may work on yours i am not sure.

yformat.fmt will format your residentflash 1 AND 2 once again on YF units i am not too sure about yours.

I have run into a similar issue as you when i loaded incorrect firmware once, installing correct firmware did nothing but once i erased registry it all came good.

i cant guarantee it will work on your unit so do so at your own risk!!

put erasereg.fmt on tf card and reboot unit....if you get a blue screen with "formatting" or "erasing" it worked. if it stops or seems to hang pull card out put your firmware files on it and reboot and see how the install goes with a clean registry.

NS
    Last edited by NoService; 12-07-10 at 09:03 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoService For This Useful Post:

sadiman (27-01-19),shoppy (18-08-10)

Thanks

This isn't exactly a YF unit. It is the kind with the iphone menu and nk.bin firmware.

Erasereg didnt work. The unit didn't even try

Thanks

Also what does your menu look like now? does it look like any on the first page?
    I have this unit:

Thanks!
    Last edited by Antipatiko; 12-07-10 at 02:12 PM.

Thanks

Hey Guys: Short of starting a new thread, I thought this may be of interest to some of you and a little encouraging as well. Back in March 2010, I bought a 4.3 GPS unit on eBay from China. Worked well with iGo 8 etc. I tweaked it for speedcams and so on. Ended up giving it to my son for his vehicle and he loves it. So cleverly thought I'd upgrade myself to a 4.8 from same supplier.
    Everything operated great except display wasn't good in daylight driving. Just had no brightness at all. Great at night or on dull day in carport (lol). Contact supplier, sent it back and they sent a new one. Guess what - same issue.
    So again, contacted them, sent back again and I'm having them replace it with one of the original 4.3's that I got in the first place presuming it will be as good as my first one. Yep - lot of mucking around and an extra 2 x $20 postage, but hopefully the end result will be good.
    My key point here being that from the start I treated the supplier courteously upfront and it's paid off with return emails, updates and contacts.
    Let's face it - I'm in Australia; they're in China and it would be easy to flick me, but I do appreciate the help. Sure I paid chicken feed for the unit compared with retail prices here, so you've got to expect some comebacks, but then from what I've read around the forums, there's no guarantees with local retail purchases worth 5 times the cost either.
    Hope this helps someone; if you get a problem, deal with it the right way and you could get good results. I'm happy to share the name of the store if asked privately or publically if permitted. Cheers.

Thanks

Hey great stuff!!!

I'm glad this thread helped you!

Chinese Wince that's part and parcel of the menu. You could just use the English rom i posted and update the rom only, that would give you an english wince but the office and some other addons fail to work. Firmware downgrade/upgrade? who knows with these units the main thing is its not a paper weight now!

Now steer clear of Miopocket! Its a bastard on these units, it has semi bricked a few of my units, luckily for me (and you now) i had the firmware to fix it!

FYI most programs in Miopocket can be run without installing it, just copy them out of the unrared miopocket archives programs folder.

NS
    Yes, that's what I intend to do with MioPocket. Some findings on the firmware versions C173 vs E60. The "C" is Chinese firmware while "E" is English, simple right? So I actually upgraded my unit (and changed to Chinese) with the downloaded PA06 firmware, no wonder it got more features. Cheers.

Thanks

Unhappy Need Help on This Chinese GPS Unit

I've bought this unit sometime ago and was able to hack it so i could to win ce 4.2 screen and unfortunately I've also stuff the whold memory up.

After that happen, every time i turn it on it will ask for an UpdatePackage which I got no idea where to get them from. So I need help if anyone of you guys have one........

This one here

Similar one

I did try with NS's package but no luck because it use win ce 4.2( I think)

Thanks GUYS!!

Thanks

I have this unit:
    Thanks!
    There don't seem to be a new firmware like the iphone for 82c models as yet....or ever?

I'm sure Pez,s menu would work on your 82c if you just want a "new look".

NS

Thanks

Default need password

heres another link to 82AV6 Firmware...this is firmware only!!!! use it only if you unit is already stuck on welcome screen.

the menu is a different download for your model so i have posted 2 links above for 82A menus which are compatible (i am led to believe) with 82AV6.

NS
    hi
    please do you have the password for this file?
    i have an YF 82AV6 Black Shell and I want to try this one
    Thanx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sogocara View Post
    hi
    please do you have the password for this file?
    i have an YF 82AV6 Black Shell and I want to try this one
    Thanx
    3 things

1/ that is ONLY FIRMWARE.....NO OS.. NO MENU!!
    2/ password will be posted when its emailed to me i didn't know it had one.
    3/ 82A and 82AV6 use the same menu files.

If your units working id leave it alone but if you must mess around with it (i did) use 82A menu.

NS

Thanks

Unhappy 320*240 Menu file

Dear all,

I'm looking for a menu file (YFAPP.WZG) for my YFPA-01 3502 unit.

Regular YF unit (WCE6, ARM11 500Mhz) no BT or FM.

Problem is PA01 is shipped with a 3.5" 320x240 LCD making 82/84A ROMs useless.

Could anyone help?
    Unit is compatible with Takara GP30, Waytek x620 and probably many others.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

I have a dumb question, when i look at the information. It has firmware version v3.22. Is there another place i am supposed to look? Thanks

Thanks

I have this unit:

Thanks!
    With these settings

Only thing is mine does NOT have bluetooth I am sure a new flash would have the desired settings to enable it ;-)
    Last edited by Silas; 14-07-10 at 04:59 PM.

Thanks

7DA82C.YF.F.3.25 V 3.0.12.8

YF82A 4.8 WIN CE6 ROM

82AV4.YF.5.F.09.18

NS

• The Following User Says Thank You to NoService For This Useful Post:

yedigun (07-12-20)

• Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast