Page 91 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41818283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 1948

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Thanks

Hi all. Am new to this portal however am really excited and sure that you'll help me in my request.

I have a Proton Lotus L3 car unit details below . And need to install android to be presented in SD Card without wiping my original stock Shell installed with the unit..

Thanks
    Bassam
    Last edited by BassamKassem; 14-04-15 at 04:14 AM.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BassamKassem View Post
    I have a Proton Lotus L3 car unit details below . And need to install android to be presented in SD Card withoit wipping my original stock Shell installed with the unit..
    Probably NOT possible, because you'll find no suitable Android version that matches the hardware specifications of your Proton Lotus L3 ( Remember, Google's Android was made for mobile phones ). In the past I've spent weeks to get a solution, but as said, found no suitable Android version. I gave up. Bought a price worth Chinese Android phablet, that is currently is my AIO, because a chip that can process NAVSTAR GPS is inbuilt.

If you find a suitable Android 2.x version, then a dual-boot is easily implemented.

Hint: Join XDA-Developers; Austech simply is not the right place to solve your issue... sorry to say this.

Thanks

Thanks a million my friend for your speedy reply .. i already followed your amazing work on XDA (([APP][MortScript][Alpha] OSLoader - Android on Windows (Embedded) CE)) however i couldn't find a downloadable Android to test it in my unit..

it would be amazing if you could give me a hint where to look

Thanks

Default GPS Pianet Navigation 800x480

hello everyone
    would you have the firmware please

YG-912S-FSJ-8G-1D-5L2S-V1.2

google translate
    Last edited by rico69; 14-04-15 at 11:15 PM.

Thanks

Is it possible to add a weather widget to the unit desktop . My unit software and images in my prev. Post

Thanks
    Bassam

Thanks

Hi Folks, I have read through this thread and after feeling like I was about to give in trying to fix my Chinese GPS I have a bit of hope. I bought the unit as working from ebay and decided (stupidly) to flash Mio Pocket after a guy on a car forum sung its praises. I initially meant to run from the sd to test but I accidentally clicked install and it did its thing then froze on reboot. After rebooting it was just stuck on the screen saying Welcome to Navigation. The GPS part had a screen that looked like this originally: But in english I have measured my screen, it seems to be 6.5" measured diagonally
    I found the above site and have tried all the firmware on there, it all seems to restore my original GPS side of the software but the screen is the wrong resolution and too low on the screen. I can just about calibrate it by poking my nail down the bezel for the lower calibration points but then when I select the navigation source selection screen I cant see the files as they are off to the left (off screen) I tried using the remote to no avail. I have also tried the 117_nav_en.exe floating around on the internet which again seems to be the right software but the wrong resolution. My problem is that I bought the unit off ebay and I don't know the brand or model number to contact support. Neither does the seller unfortunately (it was used)
    The unit is for a Skoda / VW it has GPS, BT, TV Tuner, 2 x sd slots (one for nav one for media) and an iphone input on the front. It has the car door open indicator pictures etc and the non ce side of things is still working fine.
    It looks exactly the same as this unit:

But these are the exact screens my unit comes with

I have included an image of how it currently looks

I really hope someone can help me
    Thanks for reading
    Last edited by nikonite; 15-04-15 at 11:06 PM.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikonite View Post
    Thanks for reading
    I've read it.

1)
    Your unit is running Windows CE 5.0 - an real ancient OS, it died September 2006 - so it should be possible to HARD RESET it, means put it in OEM's factory state. Either there is hole at device's rear side, you use to short circuit the unit, or you have to press the power button for a certain amount of seconds. It's on you to find this out.
    BTW: This HARD RESET feature has gone with Windows CE 6.0, mainly because Windows CE's registry is no longer ROM based, but file based - as it's the case with all Windows desktop versions.
    Because your unit is running Windows CE 5.0, I strongly believe you can HARD RESET it, there is no need to re-flash it.
    If you can't find the method to HARD RESET the unit manually, you always can HARD RESET it programmatically, if the device has "Autorun" feature enabled, means can perform tasks at boot time from SD-card.

2)
    When MioPocket installs, it backups device's Windows CE registry on SD card, if installation started form there. So it would be a simple to restore Windows CE's registry manually, if a HARD RESET isn't possible for what reasons ever. This all is explained in MioPocket's README file.

3)
    As its name implies, MioPocket is/was intended to be used with MiTAC manufactured devices, wellknown brand names are Mio and Navman. In MioPocket's README file it's explicitely stated that it may brick other device brands/models.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

BassamKassem (16-04-15),nikonite (16-04-15)

Thanks

Dear jwoegerbauer

My device is WinCE 6 and after installing ceFFM 0.4 the problem was after uninstalling it the sound at GPS part was totally gone due to the wavedev.dll driver from the registry .. so i accidentally deleted the whole register file by mistake and my device now is stuck at the boot-logo "Car Logo" and tried every possible way to make it boot up but with no luck..

am sure that my unit now needs re-flash , and no stock firmware currently in hand neither in the internet ..

thanks for your continuous help and support.

Thanks
    Bassam

Thanks

[QUOTE=jwoegerbauer;650090]I've read it.
    2)
    When MioPocket installs, it backups device's Windows CE registry on SD card, if installation started form there. So it would be a simple to restore Windows CE's registry manually, if a HARD RESET isn't possible for what reasons ever. This all is explained in MioPocket's README file.

Thanks so much for your help, I have a hard reset button hole on the front of the unit, unfortunatley it is definatley running CE6 as it said so on the information screen. I did keep the mio pocket install sd intact, I don't suppose you could point me to a guide to restore the original registry? Thanks again for your help
    Last edited by nikonite; 16-04-15 at 07:47 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to nikonite For This Useful Post:

BassamKassem (16-04-15)

Banned

Thanks

Dear jwoegerbauer
    i accidentally deleted the whole register file by mistake and my device now is stuck at the boot-logo "Car Logo" and tried every possible way to make it boot up but with no luck..
    The alternate shell "ceFFM" creates a backup of device's whole registry when it installs, which you can use to manually restore it. If your device has the "AutoRun" feature enabled - its implementation varies, so it's on you to find it out, you might try out my tool - then you could restore / recreate the original registry from SD-card.

PLEASE USE ceFFM's THREAD AT XDA: AUSTECH IS THE WRONG PLACE TO HANDLE ISSUES YOU HAVE WITH ceFFM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

BassamKassem (16-04-15),nikonite (16-04-15)

Banned

Thanks

Thanks so much for your help, I have a hard reset button hole on the front of the unit, unfortunatley it is definatley running CE6 as it said so on the information screen. I did keep the mio pocket install sd intact, I don't suppose you could point me to a guide to restore the original registry? Thanks again for your help

Very quick help ( should restore original registry, too ):

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, CREATE AN ADDITIONAL BACKUP OF THE REGISTRY CONTENT SAVED BY MIOPOCKET !!!
    SHOULD BE LOCATED IN FOLDER MioAutoRun\Backup

MioPocket has an "Uninstaller". You access it via MioPocket's "StartMenu", if enabled in configuration file MioPocket.ini

[Unlock]
    ;Whether the startup menu is shown.
    StartupMenu=1

In MioPocket's StartMenu you select option #9

PLEASE USE ORIGINAL MioPocket THREAD AT . AUSTECH IS THE WRONG PLACE TO HANDLE YOUR ISSUES WITH MioPocket.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 16-04-15 at 08:41 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

nikonite (16-04-15)

Thanks

have you looked here , i think it is your unit . but am not sure

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    Very quick help ( should restore original registry, too ):

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, CREATE AN ADDITIONAL BACKUP OF THE REGISTRY CONTENT SAVED BY MIOPOCKET !!!
    SHOULD BE LOCATED IN FOLDER MioAutoRun\Backup

MioPocket has an "Uninstaller". You access it via MioPocket's "StartMenu", if enabled in configuration file MioPocket.ini

[Unlock]
    ;Whether the startup menu is shown.
    StartupMenu=1

In MioPocket's StartMenu you select option #9

PLEASE USE ORIGINAL MioPocket THREAD AT . AUSTECH IS THE WRONG PLACE TO HANDLE YOUR ISSUES WITH MioPocket.
    I have tried to register at gpspassion jwoegerbauer but not getting any confirmation emails or replies from their support Unfortunately I don't have a miopocket start menu that I know of. All I have is the original Miopocket unmodified SD card and a backup I have taken. I have since reflashed the firmware on the GPS side of the unit and it is working as it should just at the wrong resolution so some parts of the screen are inaccessible. If I run MIOpocket again from the SD card I can barely read any of the menus as they are off screen. I'm sorry I am not really great at all this stuff, everywhere I ask people just want to call me an idiot for doing it. I know I was stupid but I was acting on information from someone else who assured me it was easy but now has no solution to my problem.I have tried lots of firmware for it, each goes to the calibration screen which I can just about calibrate by sticking my finger nail behind the bezel for the bottom points, Then it lets me select the path to the navigation which again works but as the resolution is wrong is off screen. I am wondering if it is the firmware thats at the wrong resolution of if Miopocket changed the win ce6 side of things and altered the resolution. I just don't know what to do next as I cannot find any instructions to restore the registry in the help file that make any sense to me at all. I appreciate you taking the time to try and help anyway, its more than I have had elsewhere.

This is a screenshot of the files I have in that folder, I don't know if they are correct.
    Last edited by nikonite; 16-04-15 at 09:42 PM.

Banned

Thanks

I have tried to register at gpspassion but not getting any confirmation emails or replies from their support
    Can't remember GpsPasSion requires an account activation via e-mail response. After you got message "registration completed" you simply login.

I am wondering ... if Miopocket changed the win ce6 side of things and altered the resolution.
    MioPocket does NOT change screen resolution.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

nikonite (16-04-15)

Thanks

In that case I guess the firmware I have is the wrong resolution Which likely means I am out of options. Yet again thanks anyway for your help.

Thanks

Hi all. Am new to this portal however am really excited and sure that you'll help me in my request.

I have a Proton Lotus L3 car unit details below . And need to install android to be presented in SD Card without wiping my original stock Shell installed with the unit..
    You can try to contact company called Bway and suggest you have BW-81629 model (it looks identical at least). BWay now running Android 4 on those units so they might be able to help you.
    I suggest first confirming you have the model I assumed.
    Bway have Skype contact you can use: kuby.bway
    Good luck.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

BassamKassem (17-04-15)

Thanks

Thanks a lot fromaron but my unit is for Lotus - Proton Gen2 not BMW .. unfortunately

Bassam

Thanks

Thanks a lot fromaron but my unit is for Lotus - Proton Gen2 not BMW .. unfortunately

Bassam
    What made you think the model I gave you is for BMW?
    If you think BW stands for BMW then try BWay as another option.
    Anyway, it's up to you to follow advice you asked for or not.

Last edited by fromaron; 17-04-15 at 10:09 PM.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    Anyway, it's up to you to follow advice you asked for or not.
    You should not mislead OP.

OP doesn't want to replace device's default OS ( which is Windows CE ) but to additional run Android in parallel to Windows CE - which theoretically, I repeat: theoretically, should be possible, because both are intended to be run on a device with an ARM CPU:
    [...] need to install android to be presented in SD Card without wiping my original stock Shell installed with the unit..
    Can't count how many threads started to this topic here, at XDA and elsewhere. If you'ld have read them all carefully you'ld have noticed that it's not possible to replace Windows CE by Android and/or add Android to existing Windows CE. All efforts to replace Windows CE on a SatNav / AIO by Android, or add Android to existing Windows CE, are absolute senseless!!! Windows CE is located in device's ROM, at boot time it's copied to device's RAM and then afterwards executed from there. This procedure is irreversible, unless you replace in device's ROM Windows CE by another OS. Fromaron, have you really not known this?
    To add an suitable Android version, you have to allocate from device's existing FAT32-formatted RAM (mostly either 128 or 256 MB, already used by Windows CE approx. 40 MB) a Linux conformant formatted RAM-disk with approx. 20 MB; the Android kernel and apps, etc. can be stored in device's persistent flash drive which must have a Linux conformant partition of at least approx. 80 MB. Then you need a Windows CE utility named "Android bootloader" (in Android typically called "wload") which will start Android. And so on ... As one can see it looks quite easy, in theory.

A Windows CE based SatNav / AIO simply isn't a mobile phone. And, you will NOT find in the internet a working solution: only fake videos exist. Again, experienced people have tried this since almost 4 years now. Me included. No luck. FYI: Have tried to install in parallel to Windows CE Android Froyo 1.6 and/or Android Froyo 2.2. Miserably failed. Could only get the Android bootlogo shown.

And, installing and running Android ( if it would be ever possible ) on a Windows CE based SatNav / AIO would only allow you to run some specific types of Android applications, such as trivial games. Also don't know of any Android version ( 1.6 and up ) that comes with drivers which are suitable to a SatNav's / AIO's hardware, except the display / touchscreen driver.

But I would like to congratulate OP today, if he succeeds. He would be the hero world was waiting for.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 18-04-15 at 06:20 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    You should not mislead OP.

OP doesn't want to replace device's default OS ( which is Windows CE ) but to additional run Android in parallel to Windows CE - which theoretically, I repeat: theoretically, should be possible, because both are intended to be run on a device with an ARM CPU:

Can't count how many threads started to this topic here, at XDA and elsewhere. If you'ld have read them all carefully you'ld have noticed that it's not possible to replace Windows CE by Android and/or add Android to existing Windows CE. All efforts to replace Windows CE on a SatNav / AIO by Android, or add Android to existing Windows CE, are absolute senseless!!!
    I have to say you are mistaken here.

BassamKassen asked how to add Android to his unit and the best help he can receive is from the unit manufacturer.
    Your other statement that Android cannot replace CE OS is not 100% true as well. Unless you know the hardware and firmware architecture of the unit in your hands you can't be sure.
    The head unit I have comes in two OS varieties - CE and Android. The same hardware - just different firmware loaded.
    The Bway GPS unit BassamKassen has also comes with two OS. So do not assume something is impossible or doesn't make sense based on what you found on the net.

• Page 91 of 98 FirstFirst ... 41818283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast