Page 92 of 98 FirstFirst ... 428283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 1948

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Thanks

after searching and looking for my unit specs and supoplier i finally found it but the vendor didn't replied to my mails / requests to send me the orginal stock firmware

appreicate your kind and usual support in providng any alternatives or solutions

thanks
    Bassam

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BassamKassem View Post
    after searching and looking for my unit specs and supoplier i finally found it but the vendor didn't replied to my mails / requests to send me the orginal stock firmware
    You've really expected that a Chinese manufacturer/seller grants help? You are very blue eyeish.
    Once they have got their money, you are no longer in demand as a customer, this because it would cost them money. That's the reason why most people only buy (directly off Alibaba, etc) a very cheap unit from Chinese manufacturers/sellers - hoping it will work for 2-3 years - and then, if it stops working, put it into e-Waste.
    And, today buying a Windows CE based device, is absolutely aside the track. Windows CE is a dead OS. The Chinese have to pay a license fee $5 USD for each device, they install Windows CE on. Android's source code is available for free, thus each IT student can compile his own suitable Android version. That's the reason why since about last two years (most, if not all) Chinese manufacturers mainly produce Android based units. Best is, if you know how to unlock Android's bootloader, you at any time can install your custom version of Android.

Anyways, I hope you have success in finding the original stock "firmware", suspect you mean Windows CE?
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 20-04-15 at 03:59 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

BassamKassem (21-04-15)

Thanks

Bassam
    It would seem you are in the same position as me, I to have a 6.2" version I need the CE6 firmware for. I have tried many versions around 20 but all are the wrong resolution. Does your navigation screen usually look like this:

If so I have been looking for ages now with no luck, even with the help of some great people like Jwoegerbauer above. If I have any luck I will be sure to post back here, would be grateful if you could do the same

Thanks

I think your device is winca but am not sure of course which is way popular than my unit .. anyway is your resolution 800x480 same as mine.. i also have a software which i downloaded from youtube vedio but couldn't start its installer .. i'll share with you its link shortly .. also if i may ask how did you managed to start your drvice software installation process

Thanks
    Bassam
    Last edited by BassamKassem; 20-04-15 at 05:55 AM.

Thanks

I have tried a few winca firmware versions with no luck. Yes mine is 800 x 480 I think. I extract the files to the root of the sd card turn it off and turn back on and the installation starts. If it doesn't press navi button and it should. I format my card between each different firmware as a precaution. I know once installation starts it's not going to work as the black bands are already present.

Thanks

I think your device is winca but am not sure of course which is way popular than my unit .. anyway is your resolution 800x480 same as mine.. i also have a software which i downloaded from youtube vedio but couldn't start its installer .. i'll share with you its link shortly .. also if i may ask how did you managed to start your drvice software installation process

Thanks
    Bassam
    After taking mine to pieces I found out the GPS board is a N117_PCB_V6 which I think is a Nowada, I now have to find a firmware file to suit this with the correct touch screen and video drivers which it would seem is impossible so I think I may have to give up. I hope you get yours sorted out Bassam, its been a long search for me with no luck. Here are a couple of sources I have found you could try:

This one has one I was hopeful about listed but the link to it is dead, its file: C43-GPS升级程序.rar and the link is:

Best of luck
    Last edited by nikonite; 21-04-15 at 01:06 AM.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nikonite View Post
    After taking mine to pieces I found out the GPS board is a N117_PCB_V6 which I think is a Nowada, I now have to find a firmware file to suit this with the correct touch screen and video drivers which it would seem is impossible so I think I may have to give up
    When it comes to NOWADA boards, then the absolute guru in this is petrutms, a Romanian guy.

He drives a blog under

Try to contact him there.

BTW: petrutms already years ago in the official MioPocket thread at GpsPasSion warned to install MioPocket on units based on those boards, this because the devices get unrecoverably bricked.

• The Following User Says Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

nikonite (21-04-15)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    When it comes to NOWADA boards, then the absolute guru in this is petrutms, a Romanian guy.

He drives a blog under

Try to contact him there.

BTW: petrutms already years ago in the official MioPocket thread at GpsPasSion warned to install MioPocket on units based on those boards, this because the devices get unrecoverably bricked.

I have spoken to him already jwoegerbauer and he too has been very helpful. He has not got the firmware I need but did say I can use any nowada firmware and just need the correct screen drivers and touch screen drivers which would be down to luck.

• The Following User Says Thank You to nikonite For This Useful Post:

jwoegerbauer (21-04-15)

Thanks

If you can wiat till tomorrow or after as i'll ask a local supplier in Egypt i think he can help with your unit , i will do some researches for you and let you know the results , and since you found your unit brand you 've solved 70% from the problem. the rest needs a deeper look.

as for the firmware i mentioned yesterday .. its name is "MTK WINCE6.0 SD-UI20" no clue if it could be helpful for you of not.. if yes just let me know.
    Last edited by BassamKassem; 21-04-15 at 03:16 AM.

Thanks

as for the firmware i mentioned yesterday .. its name is "MTK WINCE6.0 SD-UI20" no clue if it could be helpful for you of not.. if yes just let me know.
    Not right for mine thanks anyway, I have the original SD card I installed miopocket from and have spent all day chasing my tail trying to work out if that had a backup on that would help me. It seems I should not have overwritten the original miopocket installation on the nandflash with firmware attempts and then it maybe could have, Not having a lot of luck, really struggling to understand all the technical details as I am not the brightest of folk with this stuff! I have just disabled GPS in the secret menu and am trying to forget I had it
    Last edited by nikonite; 21-04-15 at 06:13 AM.

Thanks

Can you send me snapshot for the device desktop I meant the icons that your original software had not the one tthat contains the car and multimedia and settings icons urgently now . Cause the eng. I told you about informed me that your device either winca or roadrover or third brand am not sure about its name. Am with him right now waiting for your snapshot

Thanks

Can you send me snapshot for the device desktop I meant the icons that your original software had not the one tthat contains the car and multimedia and settings icons urgently now . Cause the eng. I told you about informed me that your device either winca or roadrover or third brand am not sure about its name. Am with him right now waiting for your snapshot
    Am just doing them now

This is the GPS board

This is the files on it:

Are these the right ones?

thanks
    Last edited by nikonite; 21-04-15 at 07:31 AM.

Thanks

Yes my friend will update you in 30 mins

• The Following User Says Thank You to BassamKassem For This Useful Post:

nikonite (21-04-15)

Thanks

Yes my friend will update you in 30 mins
    Thank you, I am now pretty sure this is my unit: Waywell WD6050 Also found under the names of AS7301 (AudioSource) and MT6501 (Maisun)
    I have found lots of threads on a golf forum with photos and the rear of the unit and buttons on the front are exactly the same so maybe there is hope after all!

Thanks

Very good to hear . Cause the Eng. I told you about told me that your unit software is not available at his end .. btw i bought a new Winca unit with android 4.0.3. Aftrr loosing hope from my unit .. hope you could solve your issue and am pretry sure that you will

Thanks

Very good to hear . Cause the Eng. I told you about told me that your unit software is not available at his end .. btw i bought a new Winca unit with android 4.0.3. Aftrr loosing hope from my unit .. hope you could solve your issue and am pretry sure that you will
    Thanks for trying anyway Bassam

Thanks

I am looking into buying a replacement GPS board for my unit, does anyone know if it will automatically have the correct touchscreen and display drivers or as mine is still readily flashable would I just end up with the same issues I already have?

Banned

Thanks

I am looking into buying a replacement GPS board for my unit, does anyone know if it will automatically have the correct touchscreen and display drivers or as mine is still readily flashable would I just end up with the same issues I already have?
    Strongly believe that your current "NOWADA board" indeed consists of two boards, each with its own processor: one for GPS (Windows CE) and one for the radio and usb and dvd and bluetooth.
    Also believe what you need is a correct bootloader for your device, which you have to install, nothing else. This of course requires your unit reads ( this is done by the device's bios bootloader ) the SD-card at boot-up time - it's the so called "AutoRun" feature. Already checked this?

Simply replacing the existing board(s) by a new one doesn't help: you have to transfer the suitable firmware onto it - means flash it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    Strongly believe that your current "NOWADA board" indeed consists of two boards, each with its own processor: one for GPS (Windows CE) and one for the radio and usb and dvd and bluetooth.
    Also believe what you need is a correct bootloader for your device, which you have to install, nothing else. This of course requires your unit reads ( this is done by the device's bios bootloader ) the SD-card at boot-up time - it's the so called "AutoRun" feature. Already checked this?

Simply replacing the existing board(s) by a new one doesn't help: you have to transfer the suitable firmware onto it - means flash it!
    Hi Again Jwoegerbauer,

It does indeed have two boards, I dismantled it and found the GPS board which it would seem is a common one. I have not heard of the bootloader sorry, I will look into that as it seems the ce side is more than happy to accept any updates I try just all with different resolutions to mine. Am I right in thinking this bootloader tells the GPS board what screen is attached? I'm really sorry to be such a pain, I know I am likely coming across as a bit stupid but before last week I had never had anything to do with things like this and I am taking it in as fast as I can.
    As always appreciate your help and patience

Banned

Thanks

[...] I have not heard of the bootloader sorry[...]
    Windows CE doesn't allow you to define in BIOS the boot device. MS instead decided to implement in Windows CE a BIOS bootloader, which first thing of all things inspects the SD-card for presence of an installer/updater software, as formerly said it's called "AutoRun" feature, as you perhaps will know it since ages of all Windows installation media as those are CDs/DVDs/BDs/USB-sticks. The idioty is that each OEM doesn't use the Windows CE's default start mechanism via SD-card (<sdcard>\2577\Autorun\Autorun.exe), but they implement their own mechanism, which makes things harder for us customers. Nobody knows the reason why.

So, for example, don't really know how it's implemented on NOWADA based devices. IIRC then an executable named NWDSoftware.exe is searched for. Maybe only "petrutms" - the Romanian NOWADA guru - will know exactly about this, at least I've not seen yet any post here at AUSTECH where it's told - or have I overseen it?. If you know the boot-from-SD-card mechanism OEM implemented, you easily can restore your not-working device to factory defaults. If it's indeed NWDSoftware.exe then you simply would put any Windows CE compatible executable of your choice, for example "CeDesktop.exe" into root of SD-card and rename it to NWDSoftware.exe.

EDIT:

This link might be of interest for you:
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 24-04-15 at 01:26 AM.

• Page 92 of 98 FirstFirst ... 428283848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast