Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4383848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1948

Thread: The Chinese GPS Firmware Thread

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwoegerbauer View Post
    If you know the boot-from-SD-card mechanism OEM implemented, you easily can restore your not-working device to factory defaults. If it's indeed NWDSoftware.exe then you simply would put any Windows CE compatible executable of your choice, for example "CeDesktop.exe" into root of SD-card and rename it to NWDSoftware.exe.
    My gps allows me to set a destination filename, I couldn't see a CeDesktop.exe file on the server link you gave but there were nwdsettings 1 and 2 on there, i renamed them to NWDSoftware.exe and stated the navigation and it opened settings menus with tickboxes but I don't understand them so didn't touch them. The resolution problem still remained, half of the screen is not visible on the nwdsettings software so I don't know if I missed something.

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 1,205 Times in 607 Posts

To clarify things: I only told you as an example how to manage to start a Windows CE based NOWADA unit from SD-card. As I can see you can do this running an executable named NWDSoftware.exe. That's great. And probably useful to know for other AUSTECH members.

You initially told us you bricked the device having installed MioPocket. You were told when MioPocket installs it creates a backup of Windows CE's registry. You were told where this backup on SD-card is located. You said the SD-card with MioPocket is left intact until now.

Fact is you haven't tried to restore CE's registry, but instead installed ( several versions of ) firmware that was not suitable. That was hasty and has ruined more than necessary. Sorry for to say this.

If you wouldn't have installed another firmware version in the meantime, which obviously installed a wrong display driver too, then with little effort it would have been possible to re-play CE's original registry. Remember I already told you this. IMO actually it makes no sense to try to import original version of CE's registry, because the display driver inbetween has changed.

Hence you need a firmware version, that comes with the correct display driver: it's the display driver which sets the screen resolution. If you could manage to install a correct firmware version, than you can, as next step, restore CE's registry from its backup.

If you want to know HOW-TO do this, then it's advised you start a new thread here. Current thread deals with "firmware" only.

Thanks

You initially told us you bricked the device having installed MioPocket. You were told when MioPocket installs it creates a backup of Windows CE's registry. You were told where this backup on SD-card is located. You said the SD-card with MioPocket is left intact until now.
    I realise this but unfortunately when I first came on here I had already tried firmware given to me by the person who recommended Miopocket and that ship had sailed

Banned

Thanks

Forgot to mention it exists a third-party display driver useable with Windows CE you can point Windows CE to use: wr1_ddi_v2.5 - do a Google-search for it. It allows to disable the current (wrong working) display driver.

Thanks

Forgot to mention it exists a third-party display driver useable with Windows CE you can point Windows CE to use: wr1_ddi_v2.5 - do a Google-search for it. It allows to disable the current (wrong working) display driver.
    I have given up now, thanks anyway you have been very helpful.

Thanks

Default Chinese GPS Firmware

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please tell me where I can find the complete Firmware (ROM) for my Chinese GPS Tablet.

I tried loading a rom and now it does not work. Please HElp...

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wilfredc View Post
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone please tell me where I can find the complete Firmware (ROM) for my Chinese GPS Tablet.

I tried loading a rom and now it does not work. Please HElp...
    Absolute senseless post isn't it? Think about!

Already contacted seller / manufacturer: always first address to ask your question.

Thanks

Default Mesada_2443 WinCE 5.0 1400 ARM920T 800x400

Hi, i have a friends GPS i am trying to fix. It normally runs OzieCE but he went to use IGO8.3 one day and it says it can't find the map but the file is there. It also no longer runs other programs like GPS Status (can't find YFGpsViewer.exe), FileManCE (can't find FileManCE.exe) and Windows CE just hangs on the loading screen. The SD card files have been replaced with a back-up but made no difference and i can't find the missing files on the device memory itself. Is there a ROM file i can reflash it with or is there another way to fix it?
    PeterN

Thanks

Default No connection possible with pc

Hello,

I have a chinese GPS wich is bricked after installing wrong firmware.
    Unit starts only with cable on the unit and the screen turns out white.
    Computer installs Ndis usb driver but active sync does not recognise the unit.
    This is the type written at the inside: yg-912c-w6-fsj-4gi-1d6l2s-b1.1

How can i reflash or reconnect?

Anybody?

Thanks

Default GPS NO Name

I have a no name gps and sd card is dead. Don't no model or brand.
    i am stuck on logo screen (see photo 1). don't now how to got him alive.
    PLEASE HELP!
    THX

Last edited by cpowertm; 04-06-15 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks

Default firmware for motonav tn30

hi all, please, there will be some Chinese fimware that works for the motonav TN30, thx in advance

Thanks

Wink Wayteq x980BT

Hello I bought an Wayteq x980bt gps thats a rebranded yftech .The problem is that i tried to update it with a firmware that was for x960bt and i bricked it .I could install another firmware but it dosen t have the bluetooth app and the gps dosent connect to usb .
    Res: 5” 800x480
    RomVersion :PM08.H.12.26
    Software Ver.: V3.6.Y205.07.29
    OEM Info :WTAtlas5
    PlatformID: 5955414E46454E47
    DeviceID: 2014021400000046

So can somebody tell me the firmware i have to install or pass me the link to download it ?
    THANK YOU

Thanks

Default Eroda V30 H series

Hello to all,and thanks for this treat.
    I have one Chinese GPS Eroda v30 imitation..i contact Eroda and they don't know this one.
    Is all in Chinese don't have any other language.Is any chance i can change the ROM to English?

ROM Version: V.912S.710101.150122.4G
    APP Version: ??????? DDR128M
    System ID : 0018e420 - 09000000 - 00000000 - 00000001
    [IMG][/IMG]

Best regards to U all.

Thanks

Default Changing the boot image in my Chinese GPS gadget.

Hi, there

I have a good functional unbricked Chinese GPS-gadget, and I´m glad, that I could have managed to install 4 Nav-software-packages working from an 16MB SDHC-card.
    The splash screen however –when booting the gadget– is one of the ugliest ever, and cries for exchanging.
    I am trying to exchange the boot image since 3 days but could not receive success until now. As the device does not allow to boot an image from an SDHC-card (I have tried so many different boot image file names) I thought it would be a good idea to copy the bootloader and some files which are in the boot sequence of WIN CE6 to my desktop-PC in a safe directory. There I can search and edit the file that contains the image in question. There exists some good editors which allow hexfile editing including bmp and gif file visualization.

For this purpose I used the TC (total commander) and its special add-on to transfer files (also hidden files) from the WIN CE6 directories to the desktop.

Some of these files are stored in the hidden directory residentFlash2. Although all files in the residenFlash2 are accessible via TC, I cannot find the executive file (dll exe or whatever) that contains the existing ugly image with the windmill and the red car.
    So I am not yet able to exchange it with the aid of the hex-editor.

My questions:
    Does somebody know in which of the hundreds of files the image is hidden?
    Does somebody know how to unchain the Window´s hiding mechanism, for some of the files in residentFlash2 do not allow to be copied. In order to avoid bricking of the GPS, I would only modify files in a safe area of the desktop.

A helpful hint would be highly appreciated.

Adding an additional Image is obviously not possible.

So I write down Datasheet of GPS device.

ROM Version: 84.PM.D.NE-5.020140303
    Software Version: VN.2.0.13.08.12
    OEM Info:
    Platform ID: xxxx
    Device ID: xxxx
    RAM: 93.6 MB/128.0 MB
    Flash: 0.04GB/4.00GB
    SDCard ID: 00997CE3
    Last edited by japagoda; 21-07-15 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Forgot a picture

Banned

Thanks

Typically boot logo picture of a red car and a windmill is appearing on devices with a board made by YF TECH, formerly Yuan Feng - abbreviated YF. The boot logo image is stored in device's ROM. Hence it's wasting time to search for it in device's flash storage memory. To change the image, you would have to flash the device with a self-cooked ROM.

IIRC then the question you asked already dozens times was asked in current thread ... and also replied to.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 21-07-15 at 05:19 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

chiskos (11-10-16),japagoda (22-07-15)

Thanks

Typically boot logo picture of a red car and a windmill is appearing on devices with a board made by YF TECH, formerly Yuan Feng - abbreviated YF. The boot logo image is stored in device's ROM. Hence it's wasting time to search for it in device's flash storage memory. To change the image, you would have to flash the device with a self-cooked ROM.

IIRC then the question you asked already dozens times was asked in current thread ... and also replied to.
    Wow, very clear answer. Thank you very much.
    I should have known that one day bevor. I have bricked my GPS last night when trying to change the image with a bmp-file "LOGO84A.bmp" It has darken the display to some extend but CE6 and Nav-software are still working and visible. Now there is a misty layer over the screen but boot image, programshell and Navigators are working the way as before. As the unit is no longer accessible via TC and activesync, I will try to find proper firmware for an update. If anybody can lead me to a corner, from where I have a better change for successful search, I would kindly appreciate it. I have allready ask Gooogle since 3 hours but was´nt successful yet.

BTW. I am not sure about the meaning of the abbrevation "IIRC" in the last sentence.
    Anyway thank you very much for the clear reply and have my greetings from Düsseldorf

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by japagoda View Post
    I have bricked my GPS last night when trying to change the image with a bmp-file "LOGO84A.bmp"
    First of all read here, might be helpful:
    It's tremendously important to know the correct ROM version of your device. And, if image's dimensions / bpp are wrong, you are overwriting parts of factory-default ROM which leads to unpredictable results.

I will try to find proper firmware for an update. If anybody can lead me to a corner, from where I have a better change for successful search, I would kindly appreciate it.
    A good source is 4pna.com (Russian site), you should give it a try. Again,it's enormously important to know the correct ROM version of your device.

BTW. I am not sure about the meaning of the abbrevation "IIRC" in the last sentence.
    Wenn ich mich richtig erinnere ( If I Remember Correctly )

Greetings from Bavaria.
    Last edited by jwoegerbauer; 22-07-15 at 05:15 AM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jwoegerbauer For This Useful Post:

Epica (28-08-17),japagoda (22-07-15)

Thanks

Default Please help me

Quote Originally Posted by nitinule View Post
    HI,

I have access to a Chinese Firmware site .. Please let me know your SKU number of your PNA and I will provide you the correct firmware for your No name Chinese PNA GPS

regards

Nitin
    Could you see if you have my one:

MCU: V7.7-SN053SX6

Thanks

A good source is 4pna.com (Russian site), you should give it a try. Again,it's enormously important to know the correct ROM version of your device.
    Unfortunately this site is only partially executed in English. The form for registration is written in russian, so there is little chance for me to catch the worm. It is a pity, the firmware is not accesible although I am in possession of the correct ROM version number.

I´ll not give it up, . . . not yet.

Banned

Thanks

Unfortunately this site is only partially executed in English. The form for registration is written in russian, so there is little chance for me to catch the worm.
    Not so difficult as it seems to be at first glance: The decimal value of ASCII-code of Cyrillic letters which you have to enter in a Windows PC via your keyboard (ALT & <decimal value>) , you obtain from here:

BTW: To login to 4pna.com you can try to use this account: Сергей_44 / 123456 (user / pw)

• Page 93 of 98 FirstFirst ... 4383848586878889909192939495969798 LastLast