Thread: White card questions

Banned
    Thanks

Smile White card questions

Hi,

I have had a whitey for 8 months in a space 480 no problems. I would have tried other boxes but was worried about missing an update. If I miss an update am i stuffed? Do I have to call the dude I got it from for it to be updated or do I just wait for the next update and then it's okay again?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

... if your card has been 'updating' during the last 8 months ... it will certainly update even if it misses one just now ...

... this all asumes that you have a 'proper' card which supports AU ... if its been running for 8 months you probably do ... so I would not worry

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

apparently you can leave them out of the box for months and they will update when the next update is sent to one of the cards in your cards provider group....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,132 Posts

slothslag It's probably stuffed mate I will give you $20 for it

Nah just kidding, it should update
    When you do things right, people won't be sure that you have done anything at all

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks for the help guys.
    Just some follow up questions....

If its not problem missing updates, why do people say never turn the box off?

If I missed an update, how long before I received another one? days, weeks, months?

I Noticed the area around the important part of the white card is going a bit brown, I guess this is because it gets a bit hot. Has anyone had a problem with area getting burnt and stopping the card from working?

I am thinging of buying one of the latest Strong twin tuner PVR, anyone got whitey to work in them and auto update

cheers guys,

Paul

Banned
    Thanks

is a "whitey" the same as a Gamma card?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slothslag View Post
    If its not problem missing updates, why do people say never turn the box off?

If I missed an update, how long before I received another one? days, weeks, months?

I Noticed the area around the important part of the white card is going a bit brown, I guess this is because it gets a bit hot. Has anyone had a problem with area getting burnt and stopping the card from working?
    There are different levels of keys. The frequency of updates is inversely proportional to the keys position in the hierarchy of keys.
    [More important keys get updated less frequently, but I doubt you would ever have to wait more than a week, if that, for the very top level key to update!]

As for the brown spot - it's a BIG worry. May kick the thermal bucket soon if you don't sort out that overheating! There is much information about this in the appropriate thread.

"whitey" aka "gamma" aka "sellers"