Thread: Copy to clipboard. Where is clipboard

Thanks

Default Copy to clipboard. Where is clipboard

Hi all.

When you copy some text and windows says something along the lines of "copy to clipboard", where do i retrieve the text i just copied?

I've been meaning to ask this for ages and the situation came up this morning but didn't have time to post on the forum.

Regards
    Slick1

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

You can get to the clipboard viewer by clicking Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools . It should be under there if it's installed (it's not always installed).

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

more info ex google
    Problem: So, you upgraded to Windows XP, and you can't find Clipboard anymore...

Solution: But first - if you're using Windows 98 or 95, and can't find your Clipboard Viewer, it's usually located off of your Start Menu, in your Accessories folder, in the Systems Tools folder.

In Windows XP though, there's been a couple of changes. Firstly, Clipboard, is now known as the ClipBook Viewer, and secondly it is most likely hiding in your System32 folder, which is just off of the Windows folder.

Here's how to find the ClipBook Viewer and how to place it on your Start Menu or Desktop:

Click Start. and then My Computer (or click the My Computer icon on your desktop *)
    Open the C drive, and then double-click on the Windows folder (you may need to show hidden files by clicking Tools, then Folder Options and select Show hidden files and folders).
    Next, double-click the System32 folder.
    Scroll down until you see a file called "Clipbrd.exe" If you don't see this file, it may be located in the System32 folder in C:\WINXP. If you still can't find it, do a system search for it (click Search, All files and folders, and enter Clipbrd.exe).
    Once you have found Clipbrd.exe, Click once on it, (so that it's highlighted) and then drag and drop it onto your Start button. This will install a shortcut to the Clipbook Viewer. Or you could drag and drop it onto your Desktop - it's up to you - whichever is handy for you.

Thanks

Thanks for that. All sorted.

Slick1