Thread: Low Battery for a Ness' D8 - 98

Thanks

Default Low Battery for a Ness' D8 - 98

Hi,

I am a noob to the site and this is my first posting so please be gentle.

We have not used our alarm for some time now and the battery light on the panel by the door is flashing. I assume the batteries need replacing but I am unsure how to change them. I found the manual but it does not talk about changing batteries.

I assume the batteries are stored in the larger unit that is stored in the cupboard rather than the panel by the door? If so how do you remove the panel? I cant see screw holes in the unit in the cupboard as they appear to be covered by a plastic cover.

Any suggestions? We want to start using it again as there have been a few breakins around the area.

Cheers,
    Paul

Look Here ->

Thanks

Pop the plastic covers out with a small flat head screw driver or other appropriately pointy implement, unscrew the screws and prepare yourself just in case the sirens decide to get vocal. If they do, just enter your code as if you're disarming your system. Once you're in there, just unplug the leads from the battery terminals and remove the battery.

The battery you'll require is a 12v 7AH SLA battery which you'll find for between $20 & $50 depending on where you go.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Drift For This Useful Post:

Ludsy (12-07-10)

Thanks

And be sure to dispose of your old battery in an appropriate manner. They are too nasty to go in the regular bin.

Thanks

Drift - thanks. I will give that a go this weekend when the kids are not around - just in case the alarm does go off.
    Dan - Good advice on the battery. Too much goes into landfill - especially those.

Cheers,
    Paul