Thread: Odd splash screen on IGO8.3.4

Thanks

Default Odd splash screen on IGO8.3.4

The other day I downloaded 8.3.4.117940 and I'm working with this now. I've managed to add further schemes but the skins I add just don't want to work. the skin icon on the gps screen is in shadow, can't be selected, I've only added skins that are the same res as my unit (480x234) and for IGO8.3.xx , help here world be most welcom. Also now I have IGO83.4 This is the splash screen I get when loading IGO83.4 is there something I'm not doing right?

Also When I select the GPS a screen pops up with a selection and if I select the MP3 icon, this is what pops up, I have no idea what its for . The manual sasy's nothng about it, I've emailed the seller in HK and still heard nothing, I've clicked on the icons and little happens, again any help will be most welcome

many thanks for any help

mollydog

Look Here ->
    Thanks

>if you have this line or something like this on your sys.txt..delete it:

resolution_dir="240_400"

>delete what inside save folder...

>make sure also that your Data.zip support your unit resolution
    NOYPITS

Thanks

Hello kukuk, thank you for your reply, this is what's in my sys.txt:

[folders]
    app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]
    skin="ui_igo8"
    resolution_dir="480_234"

[rawdisplay]
    class="landscape"
    screen_x=480
    screen_y=234,

as for the second image, when I select GPS it takes me to a second screen where I have choices I can make, image below:

I've been through the process, of installing the GPS so I’ve got the knack of that but what I don’t know is what the other things do. I’ve mailed the seller but sadly they don’t explain well and also I’m sure they don’t actually know too much about the produce even though they try to be helpful. I’ve asked if there is anywhere where I can get hold of some instructions using this 7” head unit but with no success, if I can ask you a few questions if it OK with you?

When I click on the MP3 icon I get to another screen:

Pressing the icons ,the return takes me back to the first screen (above), open file takes me to this GPS set up screen:

bottom right the mode icon changes the mode to single random and order (as shown) the play list icon take me to this screen, and non of the icons do anything when I select any of them,

I don't think I've missed anything out, any help will be most welcome, many thanks

mollydog

Thanks

That mp3 screen will allow you to play mp3's if you have some loaded on the navi card (gps).

Bazzle

Thanks

Hi bazzie01, thanks for this info, I'll give this a go, as te seller didn't put it that way, and there was I thinking it would select the MP3's from the other SD card slot and not the GPS SD cardm What I'm going to try is load the IGO8 onto a 4Gig SD card and see if it loads and take it from there as the GPS SD card already has 1.6Gig or so on it

Once more many thanks for this info

mollydog

Thanks

Smile Odd Splash Screen

Hi Mollydog,
    Sorry if this is wandering off topic but can you tell us whether your unit has a second SD slot. In which case, the MP3 button on screen should take you directly to a second card with your MP3s listed.
    letrabob

Thanks

Hello Letrabob, yes the unit has two slots for SD cards one for satnav and one for multimedia, the satnav SD reader will only read up to a size of 2Gig, doesn't see the 4Gig SD card at all. then the other SD slot I insert a 4Gig card with music, films and photos on it, it OK but…..not good.
    So I have found out, MP3's loaded onto the Satnav card can be controlled by the controls on my second image I’m showing, its good as it gives a choice of playing the MP3’s in order, random and another order I don’t remember, and when you have 2 or 3 hundred MP3’s its good to have then play in random or unless you’re going to travel the length of the country, you’re only ever going to hear the first few. But I’ve not yet found a way of playing MP3’s from the Satnav SD card and have the Satnav working in the background.
    MP3’s from the second SD card slot (made for multimedia) will be able to have Satnav working in the background but the only option is to play them in Order i.e. only start at the first MP3 every time you re start the unit. It will not play in random. So I have the worst of both worlds at the moment unless someone knows better? HELP

mollydog

PS wanted to add the MP3 icon on the first image only takes me to the second image that will only see MP£ on the Satnav SD card
    Last edited by mollydog; 20-07-10 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks

Smile Odd Splash Screen

Hi again Mollydog,Sounds similar to the unit in my car except I also have the option of playing mp3 files on a CD. This feature gives me the option of playing the music by random. Your unit must have a CD player??
    On your second image above, what is the mode: order?? Sounds like the mode might be user selectable to maybe random??
    Keep on exploring
    letrabob

Thanks

hello letrabob, the mode selector has this: Order, single, random, it will be the order or play for the MP3's on the GPG SD card only (maybe the CD/DVD too but I don't intend to have loads of CD's in the car when I can fit all my MP3's on one SD card, but sadly this screen only works if the MP3's are on the GPS SD card and if I do use it, I don't know of a way of using the GPS in the background not a win win is it?

mollydog