Thread: iGO8 and German Autobahn

Thanks

Default iGO8 and German Autobahn

G'day Aussie people from te other side of the world. This seems like the knowledgeable forum to be in, so I registered here.

I own a Mio C220 which I recently updated with iGo8. This works well (though gj skin is too much for the little C220 it seems). Anyway, I live close to Germany and there you have Autobahn's without speed limits. Our car can go past 120km/h, so i'd like to tell iGo8 that it can. Reading on the internet I noticed that it must be possible to set maxspeed=180 or something like that. But I cannot find where. The sys.txt in my MioMap directory is a binary file and I cannot find other files that contain maxspeed as a setting. Is there a way for me to adapt the setting?

Thanks,
    Last edited by gctwnl; 16-07-10 at 08:18 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gctwnl View Post
    G'day Aussie people from te other side of the world. This seems like the knowledgeable forum to be in, so I registered here.

I own a Mio C220 which I recently updated with iGo8. This works well (though gj skin is too much for the little C220 it seems). Anyway, I live close to Germany and there you have Autobahn's without speed limits. Our car can go past 120km/h, so i'd like to tell iGo8 that it can. Reading on the internet I noticed that it must be possible to set maxspeed=180 or something like that. But I cannot find where. The sys.txt in my MioMap directory is a binary file and I cannot find other files that contain maxspeed as a setting. Is there a way for me to adapt the setting?

Thanks,
    if your using Igo8 you should have sys.txt inside igo8 folder on your sdcard: you can add this lines there:

[warning]
    speedwarn_tolerance=120
    NOYPITS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kukuk View Post
    if your using Igo8 you should have sys.txt inside igo8 folder on your sdcard: you can add this lines there:

[warning]
    speedwarn_tolerance=120
    Thanks for the reply.

Actually, I am not interested in speed warnings, but route calculation speeds. Probably something like fast_car_speed and fast_car_multiplactor (what is that?). But my sys.txt is a binary file, not a text file. I have no idea what is in there so what I need to maintain to make it work.

Thanks

your sys.txt should be in txt form!

NS
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm But Its The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NoService View Post
    your sys.txt should be in txt form!

NS
    But it isn't. I got it from some iGo8 distribution, so maybe something was wrong with that distribution. But otoh, there exists a binary INI format, so maybe it is in that format and by replacing it with something else I lose settings I do not know of.