Thread: KU dish size

Thanks

Default KU dish size

Hi all, for 2 years now I always thought my dish size was a 75cm, but I called in to the dealer whom I bought from and they now advise me that its in fact a 65cm dish!

Q - which way do you measure a dish to determine its size, I was of the belief that it was top to bottom, in my situation it measures 75cm but across the width it measures 65cm?

this probably explains why I'm having so much trouble setting up the motor?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

This small difference will make no noticeable difference in your motor setup.

Motorised setups are never easy for a newb, and the first one is sometimes a challenge even for the experienced dish pointer.

Read up, and understand what you are doing.

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulbous View Post
    This small difference will make no noticeable difference in your motor setup.

Motorised setups are never easy for a newb, and the first one is sometimes a challenge even for the experienced dish pointer.

Read up, and understand what you are doing.
    bulbous & Farmsky.....thanks guys

I played around with it again last night & at the moment I have signal lock on D1, C1 & D2 all with really strong signals and quite good quality, I then swung the dish to i701, i2 & i8 am receiving a strong signal but no lock yet.

I then swung dish to as2 and again receiving a strong signal but no lock yet, so I had presumed that after i found out that my dish is/was in fact smaller than I first thought, I had presumed that was the reason I'm not getting a lock on the signal from as2, i8, i2 & i701.

If my dish "is" big enough, then from the signals that I'm getting (as2, i8, i2 & i701)then this is suggesting that I may need to increase the elevation?

Thanks

The skew on the OPTUS satellites is different (than standard satellite skew).

When you system is on the other satellites try adjusting the LNB skew.

Normally the motor mount will rotate the dish (along with the LNB), to accommodate the change in skew for satellites across the arc, but the OPTUS satellites have a stupid skew which is different to the rest (of the world !) satellites.

Some users have set the skew to somewhere between the OPTUS satellite skew and the correct skew - a kind of 'happy medium' - which 'kind of' works for all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bulbous View Post
    The skew on the OPTUS satellites is different (than standard satellite skew).

When you system is on the other satellites try adjusting the LNB skew.

Normally the motor mount will rotate the dish (along with the LNB), to accommodate the change in skew for satellites across the arc, but the OPTUS satellites have a stupid skew which is different to the rest (of the world !) satellites.

Some users have set the skew to somewhere between the OPTUS satellite skew and the correct skew - a kind of 'happy medium' - which 'kind of' works for all.
    aagh of course.......that was the one thing I had forgotten!!!!, I'll give a go tonight when I get home.