Thread: Telstra T-Hub Review

Thanks

Default Telstra T-Hub Review

So I bought the t-hub direct through bigpond it was delivered pretty quickly, and it looked really good at first. The interface was neat and had a bunch of features that were able to be accessed easily and quickly. If it worked as intented it would be a wonderful machine but theres a few issues with it. firstly, to my knowledge there is no way that you can page the handheld phone so if youve lost it, its gone. secondly half the time that the phone rings the t-hub unit itself doesnt, even though its meant to be used as a phone. sometimes when dialing out the speaker doesnt turn on so you think the phone call hasnt gone through when youve been talking to a voicemail or something. It occasionally crashes when opening programs from the features list, or when recieving phone calls, and theres a small chance to crash on the screen saver which ive seen it do a few times. the wireless seems to randomly drop out when trying to view web sites, listen to internet radio, or while viewing youtube, atleast some of that usage is unmetered. oh and if your trying to get it replaced you have to get transferred 3 or 4 times, then the gentlemen on the other end will tell you that you will recieve one in 2-3 working days, and 5 days later outside of business ours you'll recieve a call from another telstra employee to have a 'chat' about it, but you still wont have your new unit. with the shotty performance ive recieved from telstra I honestly cant tell if its faulty or working as intented, its made cheap, crappy plastic, oh and if you hold the unit from the bottom be careful as you get a nasty electric shock.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mokilok For This Useful Post:

bambbbam (25-08-10),best4less (18-07-10),Glennsat (18-07-10),z1gg33 (18-07-10)

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

That doesnt sound too promising

Thanks

the SMH review thru the week is lots worse! e.g. The only internet radio you get are the local city and you pay for the stream! Even my pitiful iPhone (N95, PC, Popcorn Hour) pulls in tens of thousands!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mokilok View Post
    [IMG]. firstly, to my knowledge there is no way that you can page the handheld phone so if youve lost it, its gone. .
    You can call the handset from the T-Hub by dialling 1.

We've had one since about the first week it came out and yeah sometimes it locks up but dispite this my wife and kids love it, they facebook from it all the time.
    And I get onto Austech and Whirlpool from it while sitting on the couch. If you open a busy web site with lots of pics, the Opera Browser will run out of memory and close down.

Other things we use are Weather, AFL, News, Whereis,Photo Frame,Trading post, Ebay. I've even watched a couple of AVI movies on it.

As I said it locks up and needs a reboot sometimes but so does almost every other electronic gadget I have.

cheers

TLC

• The Following User Says Thank You to TLC For This Useful Post:

Mokilok (18-07-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    You can call the handset from the T-Hub by dialling 1.

We've had one since about the first week it came out and yeah sometimes it locks up but dispite this my wife and kids love it, they facebook from it all the time.
    And I get onto Austech and Whirlpool from it while sitting on the couch. If you open a busy web site with lots of pics, the Opera Browser will run out of memory and close down.

Other things we use are Weather, AFL, News, Whereis,Photo Frame,Trading post, Ebay. I've even watched a couple of AVI movies on it.

As I said it locks up and needs a reboot sometimes but so does almost every other electronic gadget I have.

cheers

TLC
    I do agree that it does have good features and when they work its fantastic. I havent used the photo frame feature but it sounds good as some of those digital photoframes can set you back a hundred bucks anyway. I have also encountered that out of memory problem but ive seen it while opening pages its meant to be able to access ie youtube, facebook.

Thanks

secondly half the time that the phone rings the t-hub unit itself doesnt, even though its meant to be used as a phone.
    Hmm maybe they just want you to buy another handset

It occasionally crashes when opening programs from the features list, or when recieving phone calls, and theres a small chance to crash on the screen saver which ive seen it do a few times.
    Thats kinda critical to a phone, heard about this happening with mobile and other smart phones. Thats just terrible that you get a crash when trying to recieve a call.

oh and if your trying to get it replaced you have to get transferred 3 or 4 times, then the gentlemen on the other end will tell you that you will recieve one in 2-3 working days, and 5 days later outside of business ours you'll recieve a call from another telstra employee to have a 'chat' about it, but you still wont have your new unit. with the shotty performance ive recieved from telstra I honestly cant tell if its faulty or working as intented, its made cheap, crappy plastic, oh and if you hold the unit from the bottom be careful as you get a nasty electric shock.
    Welcome to Telstra. This is the what I've found having to use bigpond, complain complain complain and never get anything done. If it pisses you off, I would suggest emailing the CEO about it David.Thodey@team.telstra.com You might not get a response, but I emailed him when bigpond were screwing with my download limit (free downloads listed as counted) and I got fed up with it. He rang me back (personally, supposedly he will ring 2-5 people a day who complain) and I also had two calls from his office on follow ups. I havent had the problem since.
    Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of pop tarts and pancake mix.

• The Following User Says Thank You to roguefan99 For This Useful Post:

Mokilok (19-07-10)

Thanks

Just thought i'd give you guys an update on my telstra t-hub. it's been over a month and a half since i first complained to telstra and they promised that a replacement would be delivered within 3 days - I JUST RECIEVED IT lol.. it looks like they gave me a newer model as it has more features or perhaps they updated the firmware. within one day of plugging this one in it is crashing every few hours, runs out of memory, and constantly misses calls. Also I found out that I know someone who was working in the testing department at the time these were being tested, this person said that the telstra t-hub was a rushed job by incompetent people who really werent fussed on the quality. ALSO even though telstra told me i would be paying this off monthly in my bill they have decided to bill me the entire amount of $300 for the t-hub, not once, but twice as they had to send me a second unit. luckily one will be refunded soon. learn from my mistake, don't buy a t-hub, furthermore i'd like to add that I have foxtel, 100mbit cable, home phone, and mobile all with telstra and they have managed to mess up every service I have.
    Home phone - overcharged (also connected with the wrong plan)
    Mobile phone - Forgot to send me my phone
    Foxtel - Charged me double for 3 months without telling me or being able to explain why.
    100mbit cable internet - took roughly 13 hours on the phone to get it connected, most of those 13 hours was me calling them to harass them every week "why isnt it connected yet?".
    sorry for the rant, but they are friggin evil.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mokilok For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (25-08-10)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Typical Telstra.

My mate runs a business and has been using Telstra services.
    He spends heaps and heaps of time chasing them to fix their fxxxups and it just never gets fixed.

T-Hub is a piece of shit and service from Telstra is crap...
    Last edited by checkitout; 25-08-10 at 09:34 AM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Just thought i'd give you guys an update on my telstra t-hub. it's been over a month and a half since i first complained to telstra and they promised that a replacement would be delivered within 3 days - I JUST RECIEVED IT lol.. it looks like they gave me a newer model as it has more features or perhaps they updated the firmware. within one day of plugging this one in it is crashing every few hours, runs out of memory, and constantly misses calls. Also I found out that I know someone who was working in the testing department at the time these were being tested, this person said that the telstra t-hub was a rushed job by incompetent people who really werent fussed on the quality. ALSO even though telstra told me i would be paying this off monthly in my bill they have decided to bill me the entire amount of $300 for the t-hub, not once, but twice as they had to send me a second unit. luckily one will be refunded soon. learn from my mistake, don't buy a t-hub, furthermore i'd like to add that I have foxtel, 100mbit cable, home phone, and mobile all with telstra and they have managed to mess up every service I have.
    Home phone - overcharged (also connected with the wrong plan)
    Mobile phone - Forgot to send me my phone
    Foxtel - Charged me double for 3 months without telling me or being able to explain why.
    100mbit cable internet - took roughly 13 hours on the phone to get it connected, most of those 13 hours was me calling them to harass them every week "why isnt it connected yet?".
    sorry for the rant, but they are friggin evil.
    I feel your pain Mokilok.... Telstra and Telstra Stores or T-Hub stores are a complete joke....

Staff with no idea selling products to people with even less idea... its the blind leading the blind. Just so long as they sign you up, they get your money... thats all they want.... The rest you can fight at your own time and cost.

Thanks

my T-hub was crashing and I was told by Telstra to remove the SD card, no more crashes now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dungbeetle46 View Post
    my T-hub was crashing and I was told by Telstra to remove the SD card, no more crashes now.
    What a fantastic product. Nothing like disabling or reducing features in order to make it work.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

^^^^ And the worst part, it was most likely some other End User that found that out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dungbeetle46 View Post
    Mine still crashes without the SD card. lets face it. its poorly made and poorly suppored like all other telstra devices. Had I known that ISP's would be coming out with 1tb adsl 2 plans I never would have signed up with telstra.