Thread: second decoder also posted in newbee section

Thanks

Default second decoder also posted in newbee section

hi all i havent had alot to do with this hobby for a few years and since alot of info on here has been lost and would appericate any help if possible i have searched with no luck hear and else were

my inlaws want a second decoder in their bar using their a* sub card i have run the cables and installed a splitter in the lnb cable we only need to view at 1 location at a time. I have 2 old decoders i was given after the goldies all died one a uec dsd 660 and the other a a* sub box that hasnt been powered up for years

question 1 i have powered up the uec and couldnt get it to do anything so i did a factory reset and rescan it came up with aroura channles fine i put in the the a* frq from lyngsat and didnt have any luck when rescaned is the uec compatable with ird 2

question 2 the a* box if i put the sub card in it and leave it on will it update and marry the car to the box and work as the current sub box giving the result we need

or am i wasting my time and just buy a after market box like a strong ect.

thanks in advance for any help s.b

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,458 Times in 1,141 Posts

Na you silly bugger

Multiple posts of the same topic are not allowed.
    It would mate the place look untidy

I'll close this & leave the thread in the open

Quote Originally Posted by s.b View Post
    hi all i havent had alot to do with this hobby for a few years and since alot of info on here has been lost and would appericate any help if possible i have searched with no luck hear and else were

my inlaws want a second decoder in their bar using their a* sub card i have run the cables and installed a splitter in the lnb cable we only need to view at 1 location at a time. I have 2 old decoders i was given after the goldies all died one a uec dsd 660 and the other a a* sub box that hasnt been powered up for years

question 1 i have powered up the uec and couldnt get it to do anything so i did a factory reset and rescan it came up with aroura channles fine i put in the the a* frq from lyngsat and didnt have any luck when rescaned is the uec compatable with ird 2

question 2 the a* box if i put the sub card in it and leave it on will it update and marry the car to the box and work as the current sub box giving the result we need

or am i wasting my time and just buy a after market box like a strong ect.

thanks in advance for any help s.b
    Reality is an invention of my imagination.
    ಠ_ಠ