Thread: No Music Playback While on NAVI Screen

Thanks

Default No Music Playback While on NAVI Screen

I just noticed a new problem with my Double Din Chinese headunit. When I am using the NAVI i used to be able to listen to MUSIC in the background. However, I just noticed today that I can no longer hear music (ex. radio, CD, MP3, etc. are all muted) while on the NAVI screen.

I don't remember making any changes to my iGO8 nav software... is there a simple solution to this problem? Or is there a correct way to perform a HARD reset so I can return all the settings to factory default. I have tried the reset button on the front panel but it is only a SOFT reset (still remembers all settings, ex. radio station presets, last song played from SD card, etc.)

My unit is running iGO8.x WinCE 6.0 with 128mb ram.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Try this, its an answer I had for a similar problem with my unit.

first, access to GPS console, tap anywhere on the screen. There will be a yellow lock showing on the left corner.
    Second, tap that lock, and you will be able to see a set of floating buttons showing at the bottom of the screen.
    Third, tap GPS key, and change it from yellow to blue. and tap Radio on the right.
    Then you can enjoy radio while navigating.

• The Following User Says Thank You to trt For This Useful Post:

yaris44 (03-08-10)

Thanks

trt, the solution you suggested fixed my issue. Thanks!

Thanks

I have a chinese head unit, and I can not hear radio and/or the MP3, they are muted too while on the NAVI/GPS screen. My unit runs on WINCE5, is there a way for my head unit to play music and have the satnav screen on display? sadly I don't get the yellow lock on the top left, or is there a way of replacing WINCE5 to WINCE6? many thanks

mollydog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mollydog View Post
    I have a chinese head unit, and I can not hear radio and/or the MP3, they are muted too while on the NAVI/GPS screen. My unit runs on WINCE5, is there a way for my head unit to play music and have the satnav screen on display? sadly I don't get the yellow lock on the top left, or is there a way of replacing WINCE5 to WINCE6? many thanks

mollydog
    Mollydog, did you fix this problem yet? If your unit is the same as mine, it will have a pinhole reset button at bottom of screen. When I had a freeze up, pushing the reset with a straightened paper clip did the trick and I noticed at the time that all the pre-sets on the radio were wiped too.