Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold card?

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TurnKey View Post
    Don't jump the gun here Al, I am trying to be helpful & have been around here for a LONG time!
    When I had an aurora goldie with the ghost included PKs, there were some services that were unavailable due to them being dependent on a PK that wasn't there. If his ProvID isn't being given updates for the PK on which 7central relies then there will be no decryption.
    We have had many friendly discussions in the past Mr Bundy, why are you choosing to be such a rude bastard now?

If you spent more time thinking rather than abusing, you would realize what I'm talking about has nothing to do with channel IDs!
    Oh, and I really hope the next post isn't going to be trying to tell me the difference between having just PKs & having a valid HSN/ProvID!
    [If you're not the same Al Bundy from the old forums then my apologies to him!]
    Al Bundy, Ted, Tedbullpit, still me, I stand by what I said, if you feel I'm being rude or a bastard toward you, then that would be your problem, not mine, I just stated the facts.

Thanks

No, you arrogantly & mistakenly believed I was talking about missing channelIDs when I clearly stated PLAINKEYS!
    Your mistake, your problem & obviously personal issues you need to deal with.
    Abuse for the sake of it is the domain of the un-evolved!!
    I pity you, that you need to take such a course of action to feel important.
    I won't tell you who I am or what I know but you just lost an old friend, not that you seem to care!
    Stand by your foolish error. I will continue to try to assist even when I am occasionally slightly off-track.
    BTW, I know IR1 inside out, that hash algo is burned deeply into my brain!!
    It's also interesting to see the same butt-monkeys who used to defend me coming to your aid!
    THE END (or not, don't care)

Premium Member
    Thanks

His details probably come from someone who doesn't get this channel, hence the card(ProvID) doesn't receive updates for this service & he doesn't have the correct plain key to decrypt it!
    Read what you wrote again, then re-read it, then read my reply, you can apologise any time you like, if you choose not to then so be it.

I neither feel important, nor need to feel important, as for abuse, there was no abuse, I stated a fact, if you interpret it as abuse, then I feel bad that you have, but as I said your problem, not mine.

I don't like losing any friends, neither online or in person, but if thats what you feel you need to do, again so be it.

As for believing you was talking about about missing Channel ID's, as I said read what you wrote again, and the read what I wrote, the only mention of Channel ID's was in conjunction with older PIC code that required them, I didn't for one moment believe that was what you was talking about, I was merely pointing out the obvious, the plainkeys are the same for all Aurora Ird1 channels, either you have pics, or you don't.

Thanks

Ok, but are you seriously going to deny that irdeto providers don't, or at least didn't, occasionally restrict PlainKeys to certain provider groups as means of content control?
    I don't at all mind you pointing out that this isn't the case, currently, with Aurora.
    I do object to your publicly dismissing me as ignorant, rather than mistaken, especially when most of my posts (and to a much greater extent in the past) are intended to help others, or learn a little more in order to do so!
    I don't exactly know what I'M supposed to apologize for! Should not he who cast the first insult be apologizing? And, come on, do you really think that stating, "You really are showing your ignorance aren't you", isn't an insult?
    The tone of your whole post is suggestive of my ignorance in regard to many things of which my knowledge, or lack of, could not be determined or even definitively inferred from my post!
    I was simply offering an opinion of the possible problem (within the confines of my, admittedly limited, knowledge of the current Aurora system). You could have furthered everyones understanding without the use of demeaning language! Or, did you only want in on the discussion when you saw the opportunity to act in this way? Think about it & be honest with yourself.

Technically, yes, I was ignorant of the fact that other channels share the same PlainKey(s) as 7-Central, but was it really necessary to declare it the way you did? I'm not in the habit of putting people down but, if I did feel it was somehow required, I would usually check out their profile & post history to ensure I wasn't being overly harsh.

I agree that my post was rather vague & ambiguous, but I don't think it warranted an attack!
    And, also re-reading your post, you do not clearly state that other channels share the 7-Central PlainKey(s) & therefore if the fellow in question was receiving these other channels then his PlainKey(s) must be in order.
    Hypothetically, if 7-Central DID have individual PlainKey(s) dedicated to it, and the details on a card weren't valid for receiving the 7-Central PlainKey(s) updates, then even with the correct ChannelID it would not decrypt. True? (rhetorical really, of course it's true). So the problem I was suggesting isn't stupid or ignorant (of the irdeto system or "gold-cards" or other pic-card codes{I created} or card-emulators{like the ones I have designed} or of cs-softwares{that I played a role in creating} etc.) just a simple honest mistake!
    Still, since some of you are unconvinced, I'll go back & read the mosc manual again (the one I know word-for-word in my head must be wrong!) and I'll disassemble ghost gold again (even though I have a copy of the original assembly source now!) etc.

I promise that I will ensure that any future posts of mine are much more precise to avoid provoking such insults!
    And, I shall be careful not to state any opinion, just in case it's wrong!
    I wouldn't want to generate DISCUSSION in a forum.
    So I'll have to exclude any posts that begin with words like "maybe" or "possibly" or "probably", and stick to definites, lest I incur the wrath of the "Sat Gods"!!
    Maybe I'm just overly sensitive & angry at the world in general, at present, as I have suffered a very recent & tragic loss.

Oh stuff it, just forget the whole bloody thing!
    I'm a "know nothing" idiot who deserves to be ridiculed, so everybody take your best shots & I'll attempt to grin & bare it!!
    Or, maybe I'll just disappear, since nobody seems to value my input.....

Good night.
    Last edited by TurnKey; 05-04-08 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Wondering if I should persist in breathing!

Thanks

Ok, but are you seriously going to deny that irdeto providers don't, or at least didn't, occasionally restrict plainkeys to certain provider groups as means of content control?
    I call Bullshit on that one.

The Irdeto system uses CoCo's and channel ID's for content control, not plainkeys.

Provider id's, are not issued to a card based on content, if it worked they way, then when ever you added or removed content from a provider, they would have to change the Provider ID to a different group.

Dave

Thanks

Ok, but are you seriously going to deny that irdeto providers couldn't restrict PlainKeys to certain provider groups as means of content control?

Is this more to your liking Dave001?
    Now it's not Bullshit!
    Actually it would only be bullshit if I was making it up & intentionally trying to mislead.
    It IS possible, and I was led to believe that it was used in this way by people I thought were all-knowing when I first started this hobby in the nineties.
    You are no stranger to me either Dave001 & we have never had problems so let's not start now, eh?

So I mistakenly thought that some of Aurora was controlled in this way & stated it as a possibility.
    I have little experience with Aurora.
    Why does one erroneous remark after years of amicable discussions get me flamed & treated as a newbie?
    The only reason I know it is possible to control content in this way is because I understand how the system works!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dave001 View Post
    Provider id's, are not issued to a card based on content, if it worked they way, then when ever you added or removed content from a provider, they would have to change the Provider ID to a different group.
    Yes, I understand that COMPLETELY but;
    I always thought Aurora content was fairly well defined into only a few categories with few variables, this is one of the reasons I had the mistaken impression that they restricted some content via PKs/ProvGroups.
    I actually did think Aurora shuffled people to different provider groups when they changed state or whatever.
    You aren't denying it's possible, you're just saying that it isn't done as it's impractical!
    Are you 100% sure there aren't any special groups, on any irdeto provider, anywhere in the world, that receive privileged content over other groups via PKs?
    I did not conceive it to be impractical for the Aurora system, with my limited knowledge of it.
    For this, do I deserve to be treated as an total ignoramus?

The words "tragic loss" don't seem to trigger any kindness!
    How someone can follow that with a post containing the word "bullshit", I just don't know!?!
    Seems like everyones humanity went down with the server.
    If you guys actually want someone who is happy to help, with knowledge & skills to contribute, & who has been contributing for many years, then get a Mod to email a "please come back!".
    ELSE: Wallow in yer own muck! Seems like there's plenty around.
    Last edited by TurnKey; 05-04-08 at 03:35 AM.

Thanks

Ok, but are you seriously going to deny that irdeto providers couldn't restrict PlainKeys to certain provider groups as means of content control?
    Of course not, they could use provider groups to restrict pk's to control content, but they DON'T, and to the best of my knowledge, NEVER HAVE, in this country, so it's really a moot point isn't it.

As for the rest of your reply, the fact of the matter is, you have replied with incorrect information, and I have corrected it, it's that simple.

I have no time for past/present members who want to brag about all that they know, and have done, whilst hiding behind a new alias.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,226 Times in 580 Posts

You have lost me Turnkey..

ALL PKs are the same and a Wafercode does not care about Chids.

Where's that Doco i wrote on Ird1 years ago...i'll post it.

Thanks

I have little experience with Aurora.

Yep.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Hmmm..

I wonder how the guy got on that asked the question....lol

jamesv....what did the rescan reveal?
    Ensure you are well alighned on the dish.
    For some reason, all my dishes here(up to 1.2) always give a lower reading on C7.
    Maybe that is the issue, but in saying that, your other channels such as SBS Qld,BTV1,SBS WA,SBS SE and Info are on the same transponder,12407.

Some of my boxes update the standard plainkeys better when on ABC, and I don't know why, as they are all the same. If your goldie is stock standard, all channels should play.Try updating the PK's on ABC, then flick to 7Central...and wait longer than normal before the box changes status from E30 or channel scrambled.If you get an e16, it is usually channel ID related.

Premium Member
    Thanks

CB 20 Matrix Addressing ?
    Last edited by Al Bundy; 05-04-08 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Left off the Question mark

Thanks

Some familiar posting styles here...LOL

Thanks

Good old austech of old.. Ive miss this bickering.... Reminds me of those slogan boards at the rugby "Bring back the Biff"

Dave001 greta explanations mate, Al Bundy, you are also spot on as usuall and I also get a chuckle out of how you handles these posts with your one of a kind lacing of knowledge.

Turnkey, You stated you have the algo of aurora burnt into your brain and you know this and that, Helps to listen abit to when gurus try and shed light on the situation other than arguing the point of your own misleading knowledge...

one thing we all need to remember is, an encryption system works in a particular way, thats the bottom line, we can assume it does this, we can assume it does that, but assuming is one thing, Knowing how and accepting this is something we all have to do to grasp what really is going on..

my two bobs worth

Thanks

so all ive learnt here is that Turnkey is a bigger wanker that i origanally thought

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for the help
    :P

Thanks

If things keep going the way they are, i`m sure the thread will get closed.
    Keep to the subject and keep this thread alive.
    Blown Humax 5400Z, Strong SRT 4658X, Strong 4663X and DM 518.

Thanks

Hi Al.. I have been out of the satellite for several years, now getting back into.. and yes my goldies still have V17, and still work,, so as I am be a while out of the game, and yes plase be nice,, what way would u recommend in the way to go,,if I should upgrade from V17.. I will thank you in advance.

Boof
    Last edited by Boof; 12-01-10 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks

man i read all this i wish i could just get my programmer to work................

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast