Thread: Mediagate MG350HD New Firmware

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Default Mediagate MG350HD New Firmware

I have upgraded to this release and so far it's ok, nothing special.
    They have said this final firmware too

The changelog as copied from the A.L. Tech website:

Here is the latest firmware for the MG350HD that fixed the JPEG issue.

The change-log is as follows:

1. Fixed: After playing ISO / DVD-Rip files, it does not go up to the updirectory.
    2. Added: While playing a movie, you can adjust volume, color adjustment and use menu icon.
    3. Added: Color adjustment has up to 128 degrees of adjustment.
    4. Fixed: Some MPG files that could play at the old version are played at 1.1.8 version.
    5. Added: While the unit is in the sleep mode, it shows NDAS message.
    6. Fixed: Eventhough there is no file at FTP client HDD, it showed like there are files.
    7. Fixed: When you play the contents from the PlayList, the unit was hangup.
    8. Fixed: When you play WMV9 + WMV Pro(audio) with the subtitle showed, you could not hear the audio.
    9. Fixed: When you play the photo at Play One mode, removed Loading message.
    10. Fixed: When you play high capacity WAV file, it played after you heard some noise.
    11. Fixed: When you play AVI file, the subtitle could not be shown.
    12. Fixed: Now you can access by using windows account name [Mediagate] through network connection.
    13. Fixed: When you play All Photo Play, you could not adjust the photo size (dimension).
    14. Fixed: When you play Photo in "All Play" mode, you could not adjust the photo location.
    15. Fixed: You can adjust the photo size (dimension) when you give some effects on the photos.
    16. Fixed: When FTP client is MG-350HD and FTP server is MG-350HD, you could not save the contents to the path you wanted.
    17. Fixed: The file size was wrong when you use the MG-350HD as FTP client.
    18. Added: Now, you can use the Delete function directly on TV.
    19. Fixed: FTP streaming play was not good on some servers.
    20. Added: You can stream MPEG2 format when you use FTP stream function.
    21. Fixed: While you play audio format by Playlist/m3u file, you will have screen-saver after time goes on and then if you play the next file, the unit was hangup.
    22. Added: If m3u file has Audio & Video files together, MG-350HD can support both formats.
    23. Fixed: Now, MG-350HD can play the big resolution of the photos.
    24. Added: Now, you can navigate to the folders or files while you listen to the music.

Firmware 1.1.8 final:

Also the remote control response is now lightning fast and it's boots up faster.
    Still CAN'T play 6 channel WMA PRO though.....
    OSD is a little nicer too.
    This firmware is no good if you like I-Radio... as it does not work!
    Last edited by ol' boy; 03-04-08 at 08:50 PM.

Look Here ->
    I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Thanks for that pity they say its final - such is life.

You might want to have a look here

I've been running skins off this site and there is a link to a user forum with some home brew firmware.

I would be sure your able to build and use the hardware based firmware update unit just in case as you might end up with a brick if there home brew firmware fails and not be able to simply use the user menu update method to recover.

I had to return my MG350 after six months as it bricked itself and would only flash blue on start up. Thankfully it was under warranty still then so I got a new one.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

I bought a 350 back in December, bricked itself in so far as would not recognise any drive after about 8 weeks, brought it back to the store and they gave me a choice of a refund of replacment with the 450 as they were discontinuing the 350. Thought to myself sweet, free upgrade Works fine, apart from having t5o buy another hdd as the 450 is SATA the other thing that did and still does piss me off is no support for NDAS with the 450. Still, the WiFi is definatly better and is faster to boot than the 350.

I know that NDAS was slow at the best of times but it was nice to have as an option. Now if only I could figure out another way to upload to it without having to connect via USB all would be sweet.

Great bit of kit otherwise

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Nice score on the upgrade.

I stopped using NDAS on my system as I was having trouble with it not completing uploads. I would tell me it was done but fail when I tried to play the file. Seems NDAS is software emulated in the box and that’s why it’s slow. I enabled the FTP function and use an FTP client to upload stuff now without problems. USB is the fastest but I can’t run a USB cable from the PC to the unit due to distance.

The FTP function is simple to enable and the user name and password are in the manual. Also if you need it the NDAS software comes from this company so you can download updates that was handy for me as I run 64 bit XP.

Thanks

Default MG350_1.1.8 firmware

hi,
    i was wondering if anyone could help, I downloaded the latest firmware from mediagate website for my MG350HD, the file name: MG350_1.1.8_ALTECH_ENG_PAL_20080212_1223.upgrade
    yesterday, after the upgrade, my internet i-radio freeze everytime i tried to play any channel, i have tried to downgrade the firmware to MG350_1.1.7.upgrade and it work just ok with the older firmware.

wondering if anyone have the same issue like me? and how can i fix the issue to use the latest firmware and the iradio can work the same time. thanks in advance.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peters View Post
    hi,
    i was wondering if anyone could help, I downloaded the latest firmware from mediagate website for my MG350HD, the file name: MG350_1.1.8_ALTECH_ENG_PAL_20080212_1223.upgrade
    yesterday, after the upgrade, my internet i-radio freeze everytime i tried to play any channel, i have tried to downgrade the firmware to MG350_1.1.7.upgrade and it work just ok with the older firmware.

wondering if anyone have the same issue like me? and how can i fix the issue to use the latest firmware and the iradio can work the same time. thanks in advance.
    Did't you read the opening post, it clearly states the I-Radio doesn't work!!!
    This was also a problem on the previous release, but works on the one before that.... Altech are complete retards when it comes to firmware. It is meant to have a GPL licence, if they had released the codes to the public, we'd all have a much better box by now

Premium Member
    Thanks

Ok, it seems an American Forum has got together and our now forwarding suggestions to Airlink Tech....

As such, there have made another firmware for the MG350HD

1.1.11 changlog:

1.1.11 version update features (from 1.1.8 version)

1. Fixed : HDMI/DVI detection problem.
    2. Fixed : Some usb devices in USB host ports, were not detected correctly.
    3. Fixed :IRadio Buffering and "Stop" lockup issue.

NOTE:

This is a PAL upgrade ,so on NTSC systems you will need to hit the "TV OUT" button on your MG-350's remote control in order to see video on screen after the update.

enjoy