Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aldi Go Cruise S350 Motorcycle GPS

Thanks

I've been trying for quite a while to get an MP3 player that will minimize but still play while the GPS is going. No luck as yet, but I've come close.

There was a Medion MP3 player, that would minimize but wouldn't actually play, and Nitrogen, that would play but the minimize button wouldn't work, both issues with the cut down version of WinCE 6 that's on the unit, and that removes changes (added dll's and such) on reboot.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricketyclik View Post
    I've been trying for quite a while to get an MP3 player that will minimize but still play while the GPS is going. No luck as yet, but I've come close.

There was a Medion MP3 player, that would minimize but wouldn't actually play, and Nitrogen, that would play but the minimize button wouldn't work, both issues with the cut down version of WinCE 6 that's on the unit, and that removes changes (added dll's and such) on reboot.

Has anyone found a solution for this?
    Solved, I think, but not yet thoroughly tested.

Igo Primo has an in-built mp3 player. I got mine from .

This is my sys.txt:

[device]
    type="motorcycle"

[gps]
    port="7"
    baud="4800"

[interface]
    show_exit=1
    resolution_dir="320_240"
    vga=0

[rawdisplay]
    highres=0
    screen_x=320
    screen_y=240
    class="landscape"

[tts]
    tts_buffer=131072
    announce_exit_directions=1
    tts_logics=3
    priority="HIGH"
    always_say_road_names=3
    announce_street_name=1
    skip_exit_numbers=2

[shutdown_time]
    interface=0

[folders]
    has_secondary_root=0

[debug]
    cache=2048
    reserve_memory=209715

[sound]
    csv_voice_enabled=1
    I can't get TTS working yet, it may be in that section of the sys.txt file that I've got an error.

I had to do this:

cannot open/find map_housenumber trying to view map in a 320_240, don't panic it is a simple fix, as posted by marcy99 on *********, just copy and paste both files from 480_272: as follows:-
    1. Copy data.zip from SD card to hard drive (it’s much faster to add files to zip whilst on the pc than it is on SD card)
    2. Open data.zip + click on folder ui_igo9
    3. Go to folder 480_272
    4. Navigate to and copy and paste both map_housenumber_bg.bmp & map_housenumber_heading.bmp to desktop
    5. Go to folder 320_240 add both files (from above) using add button on top of zip window
    6. Replace new data.zip with one on SD card
    7. Restart iGO Primo & you are done.
    I'm using Myboot to fire up Primo, but you could just put it in the same place Amigo is now and rename the primary directory and exe file.

Thanks

Tried removing the TTS section of sys.txt, TTS voices still wouldn't load from options. Replaced it, maybe it makes them do it anyway (still haven't road tested this app).

Frequent memory issues, I've tried removing the Debug section of sys.txt to see what that will do.

BTW, when I get that memory low warning I can't get to the OK button (can't even see it) so I have to reset the unit. Can anyone advise on this?

If anyone comes across a working branding.zip file with 320x240 in it, can you let us know? Some of the graphics are a bit wrong in size. I haven't been able to find one, and all the primo downloads I've found don't have it.

Edit: , but it doesn't fix the speed limit symbol's offset, and it only adds minor features, like more info display and transparency of data fields. Just as good without it really.
    Last edited by ricketyclik; 09-06-11 at 07:35 PM.

Thanks

Low memory problem reduced (solved?) by removing the debug section from the sys.txt file.

BTW, the [folders] entry tells Primo not to look for content anywhere else. You may want to remove it if you keep Amigo or Igo8 on the same card and don't want to duplicate all of your maps, speed camera entries, POI, etc.

Thanks

Default "USB Device Not Recognized"

Hi all, I need some help or advice on what to do with my Go Cruise S350 gps (the model prior to the blue tooth version). The story is that last week the gps was working fine both on the bike and when connected to the computer. I connected it to my computer yesterday and an error message appears on the bottom of the screen telling me the "USB Device Not Recognized". I have tried it on more than one computer and operating system.

Can anybody help or give me some suggestions on why this has suddenly happened.

I have called the "Helpline" (1300 886 649) and because the unit was out of warranty they couldn't help, though if I sent it back to them along with $50 they would have look at it.

Thanks

I've had that, and fixed it by changing the port I connect to. Also, try reseating the SD card.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,959 Times in 929 Posts

Guys, I am out of my depth in a m/c discussions, but you may be able to help here?

Some time ago my daughter bought one of these Aldi GPS units for her fiance, but he says he can't get it to fit his bike.

He has a Suzuki R1, the yellow one in the piccy, ( that's Eastern Creek) and I wonder if anyone has any tips or info where/how he could mount it?

Apparantly, from what I remember, he said there was not enough room to put it anywhere suitable. Maybe you blokes may know differently.

I could pass on those comments to him

Thanks

Uploaded with

Thanks

Hi viewer,
    I know my son had to go to his automechanics to make a special bracket for the unit. They made it for him for something like $10 and it was a plate with a stick which was attached to the bike by its couple of bolts. Then you secure the GPS craddle to the stick.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

viewer (21-06-11)

Thanks

I've had that, and fixed it by changing the port I connect to. Also, try reseating the SD card.
    Hi ricketyclik, thanks for the advice. However when you say change the port, I am thinking the port in the sys.txt file, am I correct? I thought that the unit booted using the CE in the unit and not the SD card, or am I wrong again?

I've also tried a another SD card, but that hasn't worked either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mailstrom650 View Post
    Hi ricketyclik, thanks for the advice. However when you say change the port, I am thinking the port in the sys.txt file, am I correct? I thought that the unit booted using the CE in the unit and not the SD card, or am I wrong again?

I've also tried a another SD card, but that hasn't worked either.
    I'm assuming the unit itself is working, but the computers aren't recognising it. I'm not saying my solution will work for you, but my PC stopped recognising it, and I just switched which USB port on the PC I was connecting my GPS to, and it worked. It was also having some sort of difficulty when the SD card wasn't in quite correctly. I've got the later unit than you, where the GSP software is in onboard memory.

Thanks

I'm assuming the unit itself is working, but the computers aren't recognising it. I'm not saying my solution will work for you, but my PC stopped recognising it, and I just switched which USB port on the PC I was connecting my GPS to, and it worked. It was also having some sort of difficulty when the SD card wasn't in quite correctly. I've got the later unit than you, where the GSP software is in onboard memory.
    It's a bit hard to tell if the unit is working or not (that statement made more sense in my head). It was working not that long ago and the battery may have gone flat whilst turned off and sitting on the bookcase.

I will keep trying and hopefully come up with the solution or Aldi will release their new version and I keep this one as a paperweight. Thanks for you advice.

Thanks

Did the computer stop recognising it after the battery went flat? Maybe that's the issue. Can you charge it on your bike?

Thanks

You may be right about the computer not recognising it with a flat battery. I'll try it on the bike and see.

Thanks

Well, that wasn't very positive. Located the gps into the cradle on the bike and tried to turn it on but not response. As the unit is wired direct to the battery there should have been some sign of life, but alas, no. I'm now pretty sure that I have a very attractive paperweight. Come on Aldi, or maybe one of these

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mailstrom650 View Post
    Well, that wasn't very positive. Located the gps into the cradle on the bike and tried to turn it on but not response. As the unit is wired direct to the battery there should have been some sign of life, but alas, no. I'm now pretty sure that I have a very attractive paperweight. Come on Aldi, or maybe one of these
    Try leaving it in the cradle for an hour or so.

That Peaklife looks like good value, but no sound. I find not having to look at it pretty essential on a motorbike.

Thanks

It's a brick!

Thanks

Default Go Cruise s350 GPS (motorbike one with bluetooth)

Hi all, I'm new here, but have done plenty of research on this thread and others, (also other forums and google searches etc)

I thought I would post here as this thread does seem to be the most relevant thread associated with the GPS unit in question.

So firstly I got my motorbike re-registered after sometime in storage.

To my surprise the GPS unit still works. And works well.

My Questions are:
    Has anyone managed to fix the bluetooth issues connecting to other bluetooth devices? (I did read on this thread that someone believes its hard coded, not 0000 hence why it won't connect.) Makes sense to me.
    Has anyone managed to get into the CE device itself to make changes to anything? (I don't think I have the original device it connected too, even though I never used it)
    As I'm to believe that this is no longer supported unit. GPS no new map updates appear to be available anywhere? Does any other Australia.fbl maps and other items like POI, speedzones, etc work with this unit?

If not!!!!

Are there any other GPS Windows CE6 compatible GPS software that is advisable to use on this unit that still has Australia map updates currently? Igo Primo, I think I've got two different versions downloaded. None of wish comes with a map. And I can't seem to find a Australia map anywhere, links I have found on this site and others, none appear to be active.
    I also found a copy of myboot. and I also heard of BBMenu, couldn't find that anywhere.

Are there anyone else out there still using this beaut little unit? or am I just wasting my time and should find another solution.

Thanks in advance,
    hope others could provide more insight to this.

Thanks

Much easier to just use a smart phone these days.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Much easier to just use a smart phone these days.
    Since this thread was started, the laws have changed regarding the use of Mobile Phone/Devises when Riding/Driving so make sure whatever you have or use wont get you pulled up by the Police and be the recipient of a swag of fines and loss of points on your license.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    Since this thread was started, the laws have changed regarding the use of Mobile Phone/Devises when Riding/Driving so make sure whatever you have or use wont get you pulled up by the Police and be the recipient of a swag of fines and loss of points on your license.
    Thanks, I'm in Australia, NSW and the laws for fully licensed people are allowed to use phone if cradled correctly not obscuring views. Phones and GPS devices.
    The main thing I like about the GPS is that waterproof, its already setup on the bike in perfect position etc.

I really just need a map update. I believe there is 2016 Q3 for Australia out there for this device (so not that old). I just can't find it.

Alternatively, I'm happy to install omigo 8.3 or some other software to keep getting new maps so I can use this device.

I've downloaded IGO 8.3 maps called HERE, OTHER and TomTom, doesn't seem to work with the one installed on the unit.

I've also downloaded IGO Primo (I think I have two versions) but not sure if this 8.3 version that I've got maps of.

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast