Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo 10 wood burner Dampers

Thanks

Default Turbo Ten Manual

I had a good read of the manual & it specifies the fitment of the flu saying straight section of the pipes must face upwards which is quite informative saying that the inner stainless pipe must be 50mm above the rest of the triple flu setup before you fit the hat. Also states that the slow burn lever on the right side towards the front which goes down to the air intake ports must have a min of 2.5 mm clearance (preferable 3 mm) away from blocking off the pipes in the upright slowest position of the control lever.
    Perhaps i can make a hard copy of the manual & get it to you if your still on the Central Coast, failing that i may be able to upload it to this forum so that everyone interested in setting up these heaters can see it.

It also has an insert page that explains how to lubricate the slide mechanism on the damper lever which prevents the door from being opened in slow burn.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bobec For This Useful Post:

chivasmetimbers (24-04-22)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

bobec,

Just upload to a file sharing site and post the download link here.

mega.nz is a good site.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

bobec (24-04-22),chivasmetimbers (24-04-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobec View Post
    I had a good read of the manual & it specifies the fitment of the flu saying straight section of the pipes must face upwards which is quite informative saying that the inner stainless pipe must be 50mm above the rest of the triple flu setup before you fit the hat. Also states that the slow burn lever on the right side towards the front which goes down to the air intake ports must have a min of 2.5 mm clearance (preferable 3 mm) away from blocking off the pipes in the upright slowest position of the control lever.
    Perhaps i can make a hard copy of the manual & get it to you if your still on the Central Coast, failing that i may be able to upload it to this forum so that everyone interested in setting up these heaters can see it.

It also has an insert page that explains how to lubricate the slide mechanism on the damper lever which prevents the door from being opened in slow burn.
    Could you upload the manual? I am servicing mine atm. Would also greatly appreciate a photo of the handle showing the mechanism that keeps the door shut. Mine is missing the catch and I want to make one - new is over $230 AUD.

Thanks

I have an old style tiled (not fan assisted) turbo and I can photograph the door catch. It is simple. There is another interlock catch that latches the door when the chimney damper is closed. Its a pain in the ... and unnecessary.
    This is my first post and I can't see how to upload a photo

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobk View Post
    This is my first post and I can't see how to upload a photo
    Click on he picture icon above the text box, alternatively on the Forum Home screen on the top toolbar, select Post Image, upload to the site and copy the link and post it in the text box.
    Please consider Premium Membership. Without Premium Member contributions Austech cannot operate.

Thanks

I too have got a turbo 10 and would love a copy of the manual, where can I get it?

Thanks

I'm happy with my turbo 10. This winter I am using last year's gum tree for fuel and it's been great.
    I broke the bakelite handle for the air inlet but made one from a door knob and it works perfectly

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12