Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LPG install subsidy likely to be scrapped

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by global88 View Post
    Something dont quite add up.

Gas is 70c in melb, 105c in country WA, 35c diffrence. 50% more actually.

Petrol is $1.40 approx in Melb and what, add 55cents to the price of the petrol or the gas?

Add it to the petrol and its $1.95 a litre? Are you kidding me?

Add it to the gas price and its $1.60 a litre, only 20 cents more than in Melbourne. 20 cents more for petrol would translate to gas being worth 10 cents a litre extra than Melbourne.

Why is gas so expensive in WA? Transport costs? It should be 80, oh heck say even 85 cents a litre at most, but not $1.05.

I find the current prices for fuel in Melbourne hard to comprehend, how on earth do you poor buggers afford to run a car in outer WA?
    Actually I meant on average in rural Aus. the gas price is around 55 cents less than petrol OR if you add 55 cents to the per liter gas price of $1.05 you be in the ballpark of where the price of diesel or PULP. Regular unleaded 5 to 10 cents a liter cheaper.
    I was kludging the maths in my head earlier and if I had to pay full price for a gas install on my current car it would take at least three years to see a return; and they were talking of increasing the excise around 2011. That makes for some pretty pus economics to me.

Thanks

The worst part is a petrol goes up in price and gas follows by your 55 cent general rule, if you take into account the fact the you use more gas than petrol it may one day cost more to run on gas than petrol.
    The savings gap is closing as the price rises.

What was that zed, 4 bucks for a litre in the UK? Bloody crazy IMO.
    Wanna make a killing, how about we get togther, fill a tanker with our fuel and send it to the UK.

And servos are worried about people filling and running now, this is just the start of petrol runners.
    Better weld my plates to my cars just in case.

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adobe View Post
    Sorry to make you all jealous but it's costing me only 15 cents per litre to fuel up my car. WVO is the go

Adobe.
    Err whats a "WVO" I take it you not in Oz at the moment.

Anyway don't worry Kevin said he was very worried about the cost of living on working family's. ROFL

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

waste vegetable oil ?

unfortunately modern common rail diesels are unsuitable for use with veggie oil/home made biodiesel....

Thanks

LPG SAVES THE PLANET AND SAVES YOU MONEY

LPG (Liquefied Petroleum Gas) is a clean and convenient source of energy in the UK that helps reduce emissions. Its main applications are Off Mains gas, Bottled gas and Automotive LPG. It has many uses in domestic, commercial, agricultural and leisure heating and cooking, as well as a vehicle fuel, when it is often referred to as autogas.

LPG autogas is well established worldwide as an environmentally friendly transport fuel in use in over 11 million vehicles. There are over 4 million in Europe and in the UK the market has developed over the last 7 years to around 140,000 LPG vehicles on our roads.

Whilst LPG can be used to good benefit in all sizes of vehicles, the UK market is predominantly cars and light commercial vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes. Most petrol driven vehicles can be converted to run on LPG. Conversion is relatively straightforward and the cost is likely to be from around £1600 for a car or light van, but this can be recouped from fuel cost savings at the same time as helping the environment. Vehicles converted to run on LPG retain their original fuel system and can be run on either fuel which does provide an instant back up if you inadvertently run out.

It is currently the most viable option as an alternative vehicle fuel in the UK. It is generally similar to conventional fuels in terms of handling and ease of use, but it is the differences that provide real environmental and financial benefits.

Current Prices Unleaded 107.4 Diesel 115.8 LPG 56.5
    prices over the last month in uk please note this is priced at uk pence per litre
    i have just returned and these were the approx prices then

Thanks

zzzzz we all want to do something towards saving the planet.

Well until it starts costing us money anyway.

Dont think for a minute that i converted back in 2000 to save the planet.
    I was trying to save my wallet.

Your prices for fuel look more reasonable, could be z80s prices were country side.
    Still on the expensive side though.

Has anyone got current public transport (met card) prices to compare the average running costs for say just going to work via train against driving say 5 days a week?

Something tells me that the price of public transport is going to rise with the price of fuel.

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    waste vegetable oil ?

unfortunately modern common rail diesels are unsuitable for use with veggie oil/home made biodiesel....
    Thanks for explaining that unfortunately no way my 98 RON engine would react well to that.

The electronics magazine silicon chip just published an article on super and i mean SUPER capacitors. When I first read it I thought it was an April fools joke but I did a search and it seems these things are very real and may provide power storage with rapid recharge for electic cars.

A little of the article is here

I don't think the oil company's or tax man will welcome this.

Thanks

Man!.... i remeber paying 8c/L back in the early 80s for LPG ,but then again petrol was only 28c/L then..!!!!!!! And hey the wages wernt much bigger too.....?

Thanks

News

ULP Price Hike - Tuesday 8 April 2008

Most BP sites are hiking their ULP prices Tuesday by up to 10 cpl to 149.9 cpl. This signals the start of a new price cycle, so Monday or Tuesday might be a good time to fill up your tank. On Tuesday there will be over 200 sites selling below the metropolitan average of 141.6 cpl.

Taken from

Thanks

We are currently paying in Northwest WA

LPG - $105.8 p/litre
    Diesel - $178.9 p/litre
    Unleaded - $168.7 p/litre
    Premium Unleaded - $176.9 p/litre

Until a year or so ago, we had the highest fuel prices in all of WA. My guess is by the end of the year, when it reaches $2.00 p/litre whats going to happen then. If I was earning over $100,000 a year I prolly wouldn't give a crap about fuel prices, but hey, the majority of people aren't earning even close to that amount. Stick the pollies in a suburban house on a VERY suburban wage for at least a year.

On another note, the two bedroom unit I'm renting for $310 p/w is rented at $1200 p/w in holiday season.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    We are currently paying in Northwest WA

LPG - $105.8 p/litre
    Diesel - $178.9 p/litre
    Unleaded - $168.7 p/litre
    Premium Unleaded - $176.9 p/litre

Until a year or so ago, we had the highest fuel prices in all of WA. My guess is by the end of the year, when it reaches $2.00 p/litre whats going to happen then. If I was earning over $100,000 a year I prolly wouldn't give a crap about fuel prices, but hey, the majority of people aren't earning even close to that amount. Stick the pollies in a suburban house on a VERY suburban wage for at least a year.

On another note, the two bedroom unit I'm renting for $310 p/w is rented at $1200 p/w in holiday season.
    Everything you have written is so unfair.

Im thinking this is all comming to surburbia is the next 12 months, if the interest rates dont get people, the price of fuel sure will.

What hope do average wage earners today entering the job market have of buying a house and running a car. Shit $310 pw to rent a 2 bedroom unit, my morgage repayment on a 3 bedroom house use to be $195 pw when i was paying it off and i just manage to live comfortably. Wages havent gone up much from then till now.

Im debt free and still have to watch the pennys due to the cost of fuel, food and bills.

Looks like you have to be privliged to have fuel for a Sunday drive.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12