Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OziExplorerCE 2.33a + OziExplorer + Tools + Maps!!

Thanks

Default OziExplorerCE 2.33a + OziExplorer + Tools + Maps!!

OziExplorerCE v 2.33a For WinCe 5/6

OziExplorerCE is moving map software for PocketPC's and Window CE PDA's which use the WinCE core operating system. It uses raster map images which are either scanned or purchased in digital format. It allows you to track your position received from a GPS on a map (moving map).

Download:

Serial:

Heres some extra tools for Ozi.

Map Merge for OziExplorer v1.14
    OziExplorer3D v1.11 with key
    OziExplorer DEVELOPMENT v3.96.4a
    OziExplorer v3.95.5g with key
    OziMapConverter32
    OziMapGrabber

Download Tools:

Heres a link to some NSW maps.

NSW FULL 1:100k -----792MB!!

NSW 1:25k BY REGION-----Clink link to go to download page and select map

If anyone has any other maps for OziExplorer please post them in this thread.

NS
    Last edited by NoService; 12-08-10 at 09:56 PM.
    The Early Bird May Get The Worm But Its The Second Mouse That Gets The Cheese!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to NoService For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

badbearben (16-05-16),bob_m_54 (15-01-12),Cluan (18-06-11),Kevaclone (13-08-10),mickc (30-11-10),rackxp (25-08-10),rastus555 (13-08-10),sharpe (05-03-17),smartufo (31-05-11),Tradesman (13-08-10),warrenel4 (15-08-10)

Look Here ->
    Thanks

can we use it for PNA , sir?

Thanks

For WinCe 5/6!!
    if your unit runs wince then yes
    NS

• The Following User Says Thank You to NoService For This Useful Post:

minhtrimobile (12-08-10)

Thanks

The GPS Australia site has free downloadable maps that are calabrated for Ozi.

Choose the state you want, go to Download Topo maps and enter the location. It should come up with a list of maps that cover the area you entered. Files are RAR files. Un-RAR the archive file and copy the 2 new files to the maps folder in Ozi. Presto...new map.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Darcy7 For This Useful Post:

NoService (13-08-10)

Thanks

Just letting you all know that the serial that has been provided in the above links for OziCE is for the old 1.XX version not the 2.XX version that is now available. Ozi will stay in demo mode. Its pretty cheap to buy anyway (only $50 au).

Cheers

Kris

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kris TM View Post
    Just letting you all know that the serial that has been provided in the above links for OziCE is for the old 1.XX version not the 2.XX version that is now available. Ozi will stay in demo mode. Its pretty cheap to buy anyway (only $50 au).

Cheers

Kris
    Just letting you know the serial provided DOES work for this current version...ive been running ozi for months!

Make sure you enter it correctly!!!

NS

Thanks

Have a look in for Australia Maps for OZI
    Last edited by precious; 23-08-10 at 03:19 AM.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to precious For This Useful Post:

bluegrass (05-06-11),manjarra (16-09-10),NoService (26-08-10),wack (16-09-10)

Thanks

Is this easy to install onto the memory card?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drgtr View Post
    Is this easy to install onto the memory card?
    pi$$ easy!!

copy ozi folder to sd card and drop maps into map folder

when you register it pay attention to the spaces between codes.. these > - <... on my unit the onscreen keyboard has two types one short the other long, i used the long ones first up and it would say accepted but still start as a demo. i used the short ones and presto full working version.

NS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kris TM View Post

Cheers

Kris
    It actually only costs $40 Aust and gives free lifetime upgrades. I bought my copy about 6 years ago and the current version is a lot better.

Des Newman is a one man operation that has been building and improving OziExplorer for the last 10 years or so. He has done a fantastic job and has no other job and deserves to be paid so he can put food on his table.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 45trekker For This Useful Post:

AntBoy1979 (30-08-10),bluegrass (20-03-11),Farmsky (06-09-10),oldsalt (03-03-11)

Thanks

2 Thumbs up for 45trekker. I totally agree, what you get for $40 makes it a steal. Surely the time you would have to spend searching for new serials and the power and internet cost is worth more than $40? It's cheaper to just buy it!

Having said that, if it weren't for torrents and peer to peer, I would have a few shelves full of software I only used once!
    Pirate to try it, but if you like it and continue using it, buy it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AntBoy1979 View Post
    Having said that, if it weren't for torrents and peer to peer, I would have a few shelves full of software I only used once!
    Now thats a true statement...ive got hdd and dvds laying everywhere full of crap i will use "one day"

as for buying Ozi......YES......you intend to use it fulltime but i have no 4wd or intent on using it......it was/is just another challenge to get running on my units.......Des can rest easy.....like all my hdds and dvds Ozi is now sitting on a spare TF card gathering dust and i wont be looking for the "new" version its not for me..... but it was good to "test" the FULL version.....demos suck in any form.

NS
    Last edited by NoService; 31-08-10 at 12:25 AM.

Thanks

Another offering that I didn't see mentioned in the thread is the free screen designer. I found that useful for my 800*480 7 inch screen. If anyone is interested I can put up some screen pictures.

Thanks

NS
    I agree about most software demos being too light with available features, but the only difference between the demo and full version of OziCE is the watermark and 20 minute limit. That's more than enough to decide whether the program is right for you or not.

Thanks

NS
    I agree about most software demos being too light with available features, but the only difference between the demo and full version of OziCE is the watermark and 20 minute limit. That's more than enough to decide whether the program is right for you or not.
    Not if your test run is 2hrs long!!

As i said if you use it often BUY IT its peanuts in price anyway but if you want a true test version download the above and try.

NS

Thanks

I like your thinking NS, I'm thinking of buying a new car, but the 10 minute test drive isn't enough to make an informed decision on buying it. Maybe I'll just look for someone handing out the keys and pinch it for the week. If I like it I'll buy it, if not I'll just leave it on the side of the road, no harm no foul. After all, a drive around the block isn't good enough. I want to see how it goes on a trip to Perth and back! Sounds good, but the problem is, the guy helping me out with an extended test drive also gave keys to 200 people who have no intention of buying the car or bringing it back!

Thanks

I like your thinking NS, I'm thinking of buying a new car, but the 10 minute test drive isn't enough to make an informed decision on buying it. Maybe I'll just look for someone handing out the keys and pinch it for the week. If I like it I'll buy it, if not I'll just leave it on the side of the road, no harm no foul. After all, a drive around the block isn't good enough. I want to see how it goes on a trip to Perth and back! Sounds good, but the problem is, the guy helping me out with an extended test drive also gave keys to 200 people who have no intention of buying the car or bringing it back!
    hey dont be too hasty some car yards WILL let you take a car for a weekend/week if there is a sale involved and the price is right....i should know ive worked in enough dealerships and caryards to know, so that analagy fails somewhat.

look Ozi is just one (1) of literally millions of so called pirated software out there that is freely available all you need is google the worlds best pirate search engine, any monkey could do it...i did!!

im simply posting a few links in one place...i suggest if Des wants to get serious he will find out who owned the key above and go after him...afterall he/she/it is in breach for letting it out in the first place.........maybe better security should be one os Des's next projects!!!............dont try n shoot the messenger bud!

NS

Thanks

The analogy doesn't fail, but the engineer does! (AGAIN) He doesn't take into account spillage from handling the now filled to capacity glass!
    If you strike up a deal to get an extended demo that's great. But I'm talking about someone else handing over the keys for you to just take it! If you were freely handing out keys to cars, how many people do you think would take it for a quick spin and not just keep it? If you've already got it and don't have to give it back, why pay for it?
    That's all I meant about distributing a working license with each release of the software, it doesn't help with the "try then buy" idea. It just helps those who have no intention of buying it to get their old copy updated.
    As for blaming Des, do you blame the little old ladies who get beaten up for their pension money for not carrying a shotgun? Because it's easy and not well protected that makes it ok?
    A lot of forums will give you the boot for posting MS software coz they don't want the heat. I think that's a joke given Bill Gates is the biggest software pirate in existence! Theft is theft, it doesn't matter whether it's from a mutli billion dollar company or the corner shop that's struggling to make ends meet. I guess I and most others feel less if any guilt about stealing from a guy who could live in the arctic circle and use $100 notes for firewood and never be cold or burn more in a day than he makes in an hour!
    I understand software is a tricky one to relate to theft, after all, you're not actually taking anything, they're not actually losing anything! Oh oh! I feel another analogy coming on.
    Picture this, I'm standing outside a milkbar handing out free milk. How many people do you think will walk past me into the milkbar to buy milk? Am I actually doing anything wrong? That's debatable, I'm helping people, right? If I was there doing that all day everyday, how do you think that would affect the milkbar?

Thanks

Ant , with that unit i bought off you , do you remember what version it was , and how will i know there is a new version and how do i update it? tia.

Thanks

Hey Tradesman.
    It's the latest release 2.33a. When you want to upgrade just download it from the OziExplorer website, all the instructions you'll need for upgrading are there. With your legit copy you get free upgrades for life.
    I don't think there will be a new release for a while, but when there is check the history of changes first. There may be no need to go through the hassle of upgrading if it doesn't give you additions/changes/fixes you need or want.

Try the OziCE Screen Designer to completely change the layout to how you want.

If you want to edit the bottom bar, i.e colour, buttons, size. Put the SD card in your pc and go to \OziExplorerCE\system data\menubar and open menubar.dat with a text editor. There are basic instructions within this file on editing the menubar.

• The Following User Says Thank You to AntBoy1979 For This Useful Post:

Tradesman (08-09-10)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast