Thread: iinet anygood?

Thanks

Default iinet anygood?

Hi there all,

I saw a good deal that suits me on iinet. Just wondering if anyone has had problems with there service of adsl2?

regards,

Arty

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Thumbs up

I've been with iiNet for 1 year and 9 months (It says so when I log in). They've been pretty good in my opinion. I'm currently on a 'Naked DSL Home4' package.

Thanks

They're OK. iiNet had among the best plans going for a while and still have some of the best. As a result, their network in some areas has become a little like Optus' mobile network in that it's a little cramped and sometimes slow.

Their customer service centre does what it needs to when you need them too without talking to Delhi.

I give them 3.5 out of 5 Internets.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,964 Times in 1,287 Posts

Smile

I use iinet naked dsl with Voip in Flynn Canberra and have had no problems but my friend in Holt Canberra has had drop outs as some times the voip phone attached to modem does not work. We are on different exchanges. So that maybe that’s the problem.
    But I am very happy with my service and would recommend them to anyone.
    Dave

Thanks

never used them, but read today

might have to jump over and have a look at it myself....
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z1gg33 View Post
    never used them, but read today

might have to jump over and have a look at it myself....
    This Friday new plans are released. Upgrades are huge and shaping speed is 256 but uploads are counted on all plans which could be an issue for some people.
    I am at Naked home 4 so I will get upgraded to 100+100 and then moved to pool of grandfathered plans. For $10 extra I can get to the new naked2 with 200+200 quota.
    As far as ISP, iiNet is a good value for money when you look at all aspects combined and now with new plans released providing no line quality degradation iiNet is the best choice.
    I do feel though that the real competition just begins and my prediction is we'll see more true unlimited offers (not Optus like) in a couple of years time.

Last edited by fromaron; 18-08-10 at 09:04 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to fromaron For This Useful Post:

ssrattus (18-08-10)

Thanks

wooot! Great news fromaron

Thanks

ive been with iinet for 2 years. found them to be excellant really.
    I had to email tech their tech support recently and got the correct reply with a few hours. ( i didnt really even expect a reply )

Thanks

I've heard that some people have overheating Bobs. Is this true?
    * Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fromaron View Post
    This Friday new plans are released. Upgrades are huge and shaping speed is 256 but uploads are counted on all plans which could be an issue for some people.
    I am at Naked home 4 so I will get upgraded to 100+100 and then moved to pool of grandfathered plans. For $10 extra I can get to the new naked2 with 200+200 quota.
    As far as ISP, iiNet is a good value for money when you look at all aspects combined and now with new plans released providing no line quality degradation iiNet is the best choice.
    I do feel though that the real competition just begins and my prediction is we'll see more true unlimited offers (not Optus like) in a couple of years time.

what do u mean by providing no line quality degradation (so if im 4km from exchange and my house phone wiring is brand new i should get full speed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post
    I've heard that some people have overheating Bobs. Is this true?
    ive had 3 replacement bob modems and finally i gave up on it, they kept rebooting, dropping out my wireless connection etc

Premium Member
    Thanks

I’ve been with iinet for about 3 years on and off, and I think they are one of the better ones.
    Certainly better deals than Telstra. I've been reasonably pleased, but at times they seem to be quite slow.

If their Fetch2 offering gets off the ground, then this could push them to be contenders for the top position.
    Unfortunately Fetch2 is not available in most areas, only Fetch1 which is not appealing at all.

About 5 months ago, they increased my quota from 25 to 50Gb, now a few days ago, they increased it to 75Gb under the same pricing (75Gb peak + 75Gb off peak).

As my modem is a brand they don’t support (Billion), I’m left to forums like whirlpool to help me with VoIP issues like echo and drop-outs.
    Apart from this, they are quite reasonable.
    Last edited by Xplorer; 24-08-10 at 11:19 PM. Reason: updated

Premium Member
    Thanks

Forgot to mention... I might be overly security conscious, but when contacting their support centre, they always ask for your user-name AND password.
    Each time I refused to give over my password which does cause some issues.

I try to explain that this should NOT be part of their policy when confirming customer details, and that asking for both is a type of security breach.
    If someone is contacting them via cordless phone, giving full logon details over this could lead to eavesdroppers knowing their full account details.
    Yes, almost every cordless phone available on the market, given the right equipment, can be monitored from a considerable distance.

I understand that it makes it almost impossible for anyone to steal your cabled broadband; but it could lead to these people that are listening, logging into your account, changing plans and passwords, deleting and creating mailboxes, reading mail (in-fact re-directing mail)... before you get off the phone and without you knowing.

I haven’t contacted their support for a few months now “touch wood”, but I am hoping they have got the hint and have changed their ways.

Again, apart from this, they are quite good.

Thanks

Was with iinet several years ago and had major problems, not with the service just the price. I signed up for a contract at a set price and had three price rises in 9 months. The third price rise was the straw that broke the camels back, as not only did the price go up but they also dropped me down to a lower plan. I complained, and said I wanted out of the contract however they stated it would cost me big money to move ISP. I changed ISP and they billed me. I decided to complain to the Telecommunications Ombudsman.

The ombudsman made iinet refund costs and they eventually sent a letter apologising for the price rises. After that, I wouldn't be heading back to them to quick.

Actually I moved to AAPT, and I see that iinet has bought out some of AAPT's business. I received a letter last week informing me that my plan will be taken over by iinet from 30th September. Guess I need to start looking for a new ISP.

Banned
    Thanks

it costs me on avarage $115 per month for all internet , phone connections (2 lines) & all phone calls. My iinet package 140 Gig member (paying customer) 6 yrs 9 months

Thanks

Bundled pricing is as follows:
    100 GB for $49.95
    200 GB for $69.95
    300 GB for $89.95
    600 GB for $99.95
    1000 GB for $149.95
    Trust thyself only, and another shall not betray thee.

http://s18.postimage.org/h9xu3rrhx/fb_sevapers.jpg

Thanks

I have been with them from over 10 years, really can not fault there service. I am not a fan of Bob though. Not that I have used it myself.