Thread: Down loadable DRV software

Thanks

Default Down loadable DRV software

Can anyone recommend a freeware DVR program available for download

I purchased a video capture card and 4 camera's of ebay, but the software they supplied doesn't work well with Windows 7, I can only get one camera to work and when it does the program window re sizes itself to point where I can't access any of the menu options rendering it pretty bloody useless in my opinion!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

try this one mate

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
    I purchased a video capture card and 4 camera's off ebay
    Enough said.

• The Following User Says Thank You to intelliGEORGE For This Useful Post:

bss904 (20-08-10)

Thanks

I know this doesn't help your cause much OP, but I trust you'll enjoy the months of frustration and infuriation that your new super duper red dot CCTV system is about to provide.

It may seem like a cheap option, and it sure is, but the number of people that wind up wasting money on this crap is astounding. Eventually, it gets ripped out and replaced with gear that works.

The DIY CCTV process:

Variation A (Nah, it's too expensive)

1) Call suitably licensed security company for a quote
    2) Tell them you want to read number plates and see faces at night from 50m away. Consultant tells you you're dreaming and explains that CSI does not = real life. You begrudgingly accept this although don't necessarily believe the consultant.
    3) Receive quote and fall over backwards (I'm sure some must hit their heads on the way down as rational goes out the window here)
    4) Decide you must be able to do it cheaper because your best mate says he's seen the same gear on ebay.
    5) Purchase gear from ebay
    6) Ebay box arrives with your new goodies. You discover all the instructions are in Emperor Nasi-Gorang's best
    7) You put it all together and hope for the best only to realise that it's not exactly as advertised or doesn't work with your PC.
    8) Call the security company who quoted you to do the job properly for help, only to get shirty when they tell you they're not assisting with red dot CCTV
    9) Resign yourself to the fact that if you want it working, you're going to have to spend the money you were originally quoted.
    10) Begrudgingly call the security company back (or get another one in because you're so embarrassed you thought you knew better) and have them install something that works.

Variation B (I'm an IT nerd, I don't need you security people)

1) Buy D-link or similar IP based web cam style solution
    2) Install said system and proudly show off your nerdy achievements to your mates who have had professional systems installed.
    3) Realise when they show you the functionality of their systems that your spiffy IT focused system really isn't all that great for security.
    4) Call a security company and realise that perhaps you should stick to IT as you really don't know as much about security as you thought you did.
    5) Ultimately, you wasted money as well but at least now you can show of your REAL CCTV system.

Thanks

linux livecd -

Thanks
    Thanked 3,135 Times in 1,633 Posts

Blue Iris has a free evaluation (you can find some hacked ones if you look)
    Looks ok but haven't been able to get the auto SMS after motion detection going yet.

Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys, I got it working after all, changed a few settings in both the program and Windows and it's not perfect but it's completely usable, although I have still had a bit of trouble getting the playback feature to work, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

as for the DIY CCTV comment, good for a laugh I know all too well the pit falls laying wait with most things I do, I was one of those guys that thought he could steel satellite, I never managed to achieve that dream, but the amount of info I learned along the way was well worth it.

as for my CCTV system I just needed something simple and cheap for my carport, as I seem to have a whole heap of easy to steel things in there and it's full road frontage! 2 basic camera's would be more than enough for me, I need to get around to building that bloody garage! or stop collecting crap...