Thread: GFX card bios flash... Anyone wanna help?

Thanks

Default GFX card bios flash... Anyone wanna help?

ive got a 8800GT PCIe gfx card which wont work with my motherboard coz the via chipset doesnt recognise GEN2 PCIe2.0. It a limitation of the chipset that it only recognises GEN1.

I didnt realise this until i tried to boot up after installing, but apparently there is a waya to step back and flash the bios of the card to bring it back down to 1.0 or 1.1 or whatever...

So i need to do this..

My issue now is that I dont have any other baords which are PCIe compatible, and instead of taking the card back to the shop, id rather flash it

So does anyone know how to set up a USB boot thingy? Ive got a link, but i really dont have time to dick around with it. i also have the bios files needed for the flash down to GEN1.0
    Apprently theres no loss in performance so why not...

Anyone free on Monday whos in sydney so i can pop by and bring my card with me?
    Happy to pay you for your troubles
    Any help apreciated

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Here are a couple of links to the known problem

Thanks
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 783 Posts

unzip this
    read the txt file
    create the usb boot,put your vga bios & flash program on the usb once its made
    boot to usb, run flash program
    https://www.facebook.com/philquad68

Thanks

Thanx Phil, Ill do that!!
    Problem is that my board wont even get to post with this card installed... Nothing nada zilch, so i need to find someone who has a PCIe Mobo who'd let me hijack their machine for 5 mins, boot with this USB technique and run the flash

Thanks

Just so ppl know, its not the GFX card thats the problem.. its MY Mobo as it only supports GEN1 PCIe (NOT GEN2) which is what this card is. In fact its the first GFX card to use this full 16x protocol but my card wont go over 4x.
    The issue then is that the bios of the card wont let it "turn on" on anything otehr than 16x (ie full PCIe)
    The strange thing is that the card itself CAN be flashed down to GEN1 and run perfectly (with no los of performance) as it baord states 4x, but one its running, its as fast as it woudl be on any other board. So its more a SW conflict than anythign else..

SO where that leaves me now, is that i have a GEN1 8800GT which i cant use until i flash it. I cant flash it until i find someone whos willing to let me use their PC for 5 minutes, boot up DOS and run the flash...

So anyone out there in south west sydney wanna give a hand?
    We dont even have to load up windows.. all we're doing is running the card and flashing it

Anyone?