Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9Volt Battery Mod, How does it work?

Thanks

QUOTE"A subscriber needs to have access to a phone simulator (battery or otherwise) and this will require to be connected to the stb at all times." UNQUOTE

That was my thoughts as well...BUT do you envisage that that is all that is required for the card to be "downloaded" & reset?

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Looks like the reset will only occur with the command to do so from Optus AFTER it has reported usage. Thinking about it the data is stored on the card I wonder if logging the card data during these transactions might reveal the commands to do a reset.

Thanks

How do you do that?
    PM me if you like!
    cheers...

I am NOT the Messiah!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techo123 View Post
    How do you do that?
    PM me if you like!
    cheers...
    No idea it was just an idea. I guess you could log the card data the same as you can do with a sat card via tapping the data line.

What the data logged means is the thing it would need a lot of anylisis to make sense of it. Assuming these commands are not encrypted.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by techo123 View Post
    QUOTE"A subscriber needs to have access to a phone simulator (battery or otherwise) and this will require to be connected to the stb at all times." UNQUOTE

That was my thoughts as well...BUT do you envisage that that is all that is required for the card to be "downloaded" & reset?
    My Gut feeling is that the "reset" will only happen once the STB has correct communications with the provider. i.e. only once details of what fbo/ppv services the subscriber has used has been uploaded to the provider then, and only then, the card/stb gets a signal to "clear" or "reset" those details.

Thanks

i reckon you need to sort out the "handshake " first...you can get the stu to call your pc...dont know how to answer the call

later

Premium Member
    Thanks

Some additional points to note..

My belief on the $50 or $100 monthly "credit" limit is that this the systems "safety net" obviously for problem scenarios e.g if subscribers have a noisy phone line connected & the comms always fail, the provider would never receive payment.
    This safety net alarms users once the credit limit is reached for the month. Notice to the provider of a payment problem would normally be located back to the faulty phone line upon which the line would be repaired and payments made, including manually if required.

OK if you stay under the card "credit limit", month after month it may look like it is "resetting" itself, however my gut feeling is that the monthly usage is always recorded (now think about it really, how much data storage difference would the card need to hold between $100 owing or $10,000 owing)

Once "real" comms is made on a working phone line back to the provider all the missing months of payment will show up ready to billed to the subscriber... last month or 12 months ago a "reset" would happen at that time as well.
    Of course it may be possible to have the provider provide a reset over the cable or sat signal but some explaining would be required.

I am no expert these are only my thoughts on a theory to understand the system.

One would have to be very patient to find real answers.

As I noted previously if you play, you must also be prepared to pay.

Thanks

I know its been discussed extensively, but can anybody confirm that the card does or does not get reset at the end of the billing month?

cheers

Premium Member
    Thanks

Hey MuZZ it looks like this topic is a cold one.

Sorry I can not help any more. Like what I said previously the only way to get an answer is to suck it and see. Obviously one needs to be patient and ready to pay.

My thoughts are that the system is pretty well secure.
    For those out there that think they have got around the system, when/if the PSTN line gets connected they will likely be in for a shock.

Thanks

oMG...no it does not reset itself...it needs to connect to fox, then it download the data from your card, when that is complete it will send a command to clear those purchases you have made for the last month...just to make it clear...once the card has reached it limit it will not allow you to order any more shows via your stu and it will stay that way until it connects to fox and get the command

later

Thanks

A package change will clear your card
    Old Dog, No Flies

Thanks

How about ringing up and saying you are getting now picture, They send a reset down to the card AFAIK.
    By reading this, you have already given me control over a tiny slice of your mind

Banned
    Thanks

now that movie network is closed t those that dont subscribe, your smart card swould of benn cleared of ippv details thus your free agin to use the 9v trick.

Thanks

Default 9 Volt issues

Hi Guys Newbe here.

There is a limit I've hit it! RESET through Supplier no good!

Has anyone tryed just changing the phone number on channel 998 and dialed your own number and picked up with the computer or friends computer?

Will changing plans IE. to full plan for the month and change back at the end of the month clear card? This will be tried in june for me as im on holidays.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by myoldhk View Post
    Will changing plans IE. to full plan for the month and change back at the end of the month clear card? This will be tried in june for me as im on holidays.
    No. The PPV ordering details stay permanently on the card until they have been successfully uploaded to Foxtel via the return path.

Thanks

On Foxtel it has $100 limit and when you reach to limit it wont work any more, only way is to have the card reset/cleared from foxtel

The way it works normally is, the phone line is always connected, when you oreder boc office, the stb checks for a open phone line, then once a month the stb rings home (foxtel) and transfers the amount on the card

Now the 9v battery simulates a open phone line so you can have the box office movie, but without the card ever ringing home (foxtel) the card is never cleared,

So option is to break the card ring foxtel and get a new card and dont do 9v trick, if foxtel can read your old card they will charge you, if there was a way to log the command to the card over the phone line, then you could use software phone line simulator and send the command, but that has's been worked out

Thanks

Any updated info on this?
    Does this work for Main Event PPV?

How much is a replacement card from foxtel? Use the excuse the kid munched on it, snapped it etc when you hit the "limit".

My mates have a Standard Satellite Foxtel Box. Just keen to get some of the Main Event PPV, so the "limit" will not be a big issue.

cheers

gadgets

Thanks

It definitely works, I tried this last night. I was not aware of any limits though, I just wanted this for the next UFC.... but we ordered a bunch of random shit last night so I might have stuffed that up.

I don't even have an active phone line... is there any definitive way to reset the card? Seems to be lots of going around in circles here.

Thanks

I'm still wondering if there is a correct method of us clearing the card?
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTRE x64.

Thanks

Yes there is.
    Just look around for ndz suite for the italian cards,gives you some functions to clear the ppv for some card types.
    Used to this on english and italian card for some extra ppv

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast