Thread: Residential Electronic Security

Thanks

Question Residential Electronic Security

Recently I purchased a deceased estate which has a Chubbguard 200 (C&K 238i) security system. I have downloaded the user manual for the system however one of the digits on the keypad is a bit touchy due to the same user code being used for a number of years. I need to reprogram the user code to use different digits but to do this I need the Master Code which I do not have.

Is there a way of powering down the system so I can reprogram the Master Code, oh I should mention that there is no key for the control box which I guess I can prise open...is there likely to be a tamper switch inside which will set off the alarm?

Once in the control box can I remove a fuse to stop the horn from sending my neighbours deaf, until I can reprogram the system, if this is possible in the first place.
    Last edited by Dingougly; 30-08-10 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Remove actual name

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Is it not viable to upgrade the system to one you know how to control and is new and in perfect working order. I'm sure this would not be a great expense. And in the long run less hassle.
    Last edited by albatross; 30-08-10 at 05:05 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to albatross For This Useful Post:

Dingougly (02-09-10)

Thanks

Your right albatross it is the safest way to go, its just that the system is all working and the most ecconomic and easiest way is to change the user code.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dingougly View Post
    Your right albatross it is the safest way to go, its just that the system is all working and the most ecconomic and easiest way is to change the user code.
    Unless you can find someone with a programmer and an EPROM, you won't be changing the code any time soon. There's still a few techs around with such devices, but they're becoming scarce in them selves.

To be honest, the easiest way out of the situation is to clean the contacts on the keypad. That'll breath a little life back into it.

Long term, replace the dinosaur.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Drift For This Useful Post:

Dingougly (02-09-10)