Thread: Beagle Internet

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Default Beagle Internet

I have been with beagle internet for 5 1/2 years, first on dial up as ADSL was not available in the country town in w.a. where I was living and for the past 2 years on adsl2+ in Kalgoorlie.

I went with them in Kalgoorlie as they had the best plans of all the telstra resellers and Do Not count uploads. Telstra adsl2+ or adsl is all that is available here.

Now that telstra have released some competitive plans, I was looking to possibly churn to telstra as I had gone over my 50gig cap again and was shaped .

I checked my usage for the 3 weeks of my current cycle and i had used: 51G down - 52G up.

I checked Beagles new plans and decided to upgrade to the 100gig adsl2+ plan until I decided on what I would do.

I sent them an email at 9.07 (not realising I could have upgraded via their website) asking to be upgraded to the 100Gig plan.

My mobile chimed at 9.22 a.m. with a message saying my plan had been upgraded.....

I checked and yes, upgraded to 100Gig and not shaped..

With service like that, I don't mind paying a little extra. Especially when you consider uploads are not counted, unlike Telstra......

And you are dealing with an Australian in an office somewhere in East Australia and if you need to you can even speak to them. I have never had to contact tech support though....

For torrent users like me, a fair comparison to telstra plans would be the telstra 200Gig plan, as Telstra count uploads.

Only had one or two outages that I have noticed in all that time....

+ I don't have to deal with Telstra.....
    Last edited by hoe; 07-09-10 at 02:20 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

hoe, glad you have realised that price alone is not the only driver to having a good ISP!

As in a similar situation with Internode, as the extras such as download mirror and usenet are the extra 'lock in' items that keep me from straying to another provider, as imagine very few other ISP's can provide similar or better benefits.

Telstra will shake up the market short-term with their new pricing plans, but long-term, and given possible choice in many exchanges (i.e. competition in the exchange), can see some disenfranchised Telstra consumers - unless they have service and benefits that keep the peoples happy. Time will tell
    We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them - Albert Einstein