Thread: Tecom Systems Titan software or manuals

Thanks

Default Tecom Systems Titan software or manuals

I just removed the old security system from out office when we moved out. It had a number of PIR's and a Tecom Systems TS0816 controller.

Anyone know where I could find the installer manual / configuration manual. There also seems to be software called Titan to reconfigure the system with Windows, if I could find that as well.

Or if someone could help me with the reconfigure that would be great.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bartender View Post
    I just removed the old security system from out office when we moved out. It had a number of PIR's and a Tecom Systems TS0816 controller.

Anyone know where I could find the installer manual / configuration manual. There also seems to be software called Titan to reconfigure the system with Windows, if I could find that as well.

Or if someone could help me with the reconfigure that would be great.
    Quite a bit involved with panels that size, remembering it was mainly designed for banks. Where abouts are you located?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    Quite a bit involved with panels that size, remembering it was mainly designed for banks. Where abouts are you located?
    I am in New Zealand, PM me or e-mail me, as I would be very grateful for any assistance anyone could give me.
    It seems reasonably straight forward how to connect everything, and I have the old 816 + commander pin pad working fine on my test bench without the TS0862 door controllers that were used.
    Just want to change the pin numbers to arm/disarm, plus setup a few zones with the attached PIR's. Plus would like to source a few more PIR's (3-4) and perhaps 3 reid switches I would mount in the extermal doors in our house.

Not sure what sort of integration I could have with a GSM phone. Have a good friend who manufactures GSM single chip boards that take serial input and will send a SMS to a pre-determined number of whatever it gets sent, so hope there might be some way that I could connect the RS232 connection to one of those.

Also going to source an outside alarm box, need to make some noise somehow, and show that I actually do have an alarm system

What would be cool (doubt I can do it tho) is have the old HID swipe reader used for arming and disarming, ie mount the commaner pin pad + HID reader just infront of the door, and my wife could badge in / out and not need to punch in the pin to arm or disarm the alarm. Would make life easier when coming or going in the house (albeit a little less secure) Something like a 30 second delay before alarm going off, and if badged in then 5 min delay (so wife can sort out kids, then unarm the alarm) just wishful thinking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intelliGEORGE View Post
    The Tecom panel is not realy disigned for small domestic installations and even with a manual it is not as easy to program as a domestic alarm system. Most Tecom installers attend training courses hel by the supplier so picking up something for nothing could cost more then what its worth.

When Tecom was first released to installers in the early 90's there was no training like today and some techs spend litterally days to get a system operational and even then they did not work correctly.

There are cheaper panels on the market today that can do all you mentioned without the complicated programming and expensive software for just a home alarm system.

I service Tecom, Concept and Genesis systems yet have a simple NX16 at home with a home automation board controlling 26 PIR,s and various lights with a door chime facility when someone trips P/E beam. I could have used any other panel type that I have removed from various sites but spend the extra money to have a sytem that was easy to use and program for my families applications.

In other words what is cheap today could be a diaster tommorrow in my case the results have been faultless with 3 detected break and enters and 1 false alrms in 7 years and to make it even more interesting I have fully operational Tecom, Concept and Genesis panels in my workshop yet they do not suit my home protection requirements as they are too complicated for the family whom want the simple and most reliable sytem.

Thanks

[QUOTE=noRbackwards;34589]
    When Tecom was first released to installers in the early 90's there was no training like today and some techs spend litterally days to get a system operational and even then they did not work correctly.[QUOTE]

I attended my first official training session about 4 years after we started using them. There nothing like learning the hard way thrown in the deep end.
    Back in those days everything was programmed through ras's and not laptops, and depending on how big the system was and whether all of the site info had been documented it could take you 8 hours to fully program and commission the system. I don't how many sites we attended to replace apc's after lightning strikes where all of the documentation had vanished. It would take hours to regather info on the site, find all of the hardware, look at all of the physical addressing of the hardware, create custom text lists, recompile info on users and what access groups would be required etc before you could even start to program the system.
    Ahh the good old days. Easy now with laptops.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noRbackwards View Post
    I have fully operational Tecom, Concept and Genesis panels in my workshop yet they do not suit my home protection requirements as they are too complicated for the family whom want the simple and most reliable sytem.
    The panel is only as complicated to use as the person who programs it. .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FordTech View Post
    The panel is only as complicated to use as the person who programs it. .
    Not quite correct as programming with some panels are complicated when you have not been trained with quite a few systems hence the problems we had in the ealy days with Tecom and Concept.

However with a tecom or concept there are no quick arm, chime or partial buttons with the push of one single button and therefore as I stated use a panel that suits the end user by keeping it simple.

Recently has to program a Omni 400 and after I got the 99 page manual it was complicated as it uses once again a totally different programming proceedure and to be honest just got the panel operational after 2 hours of reading and stuffing around. Be OK if I had the time to practise first but for a one of panel I was just pleased to get it going and see the back of it as the programming was one thing and the poor installation an other.

Be OK if we could service panels we are familiar with but with a lap top containing manuals of hundreds of different panels on the market it has become a service persons nightmare made easier as we now no longer have to carry boxes full of manuals.

Just by the way my first panel I ever serviced was very simple to operate with a simple on off key switch a bloody big bell controlled by a single relay held on by a few reeds, crash wires and window tapes with no alarm timer sure have come a long way since but I still believe in providing the end user with a system that is easy to use for induvidual requirements by not providing a cheap and inferior components just to make a quick buck and disappear.

Thanks

Fair enough the panel doesn't sound like your normal "run of the mill" consumer grade panel. However I am not your run of the mill consumer. And armed (excuse the pun with manuals and necessary software I don't see it being a huge issue. Have to put this project down at the moment, but will pick it up in a few weeks.

Thanks

Just an update, had a bit of time between sleeping baby.

The main control unit has on the outside Model TS0816

Main PCB1069K
    Eprom V8-C-MFR - V8.67
    Flash - Empty
    Ram - TS0882 V8 1Meg Memory Exp

Powered it back on and wired up the Challenger TS0801 Pin Pad, everything seemed to come back, just was bent out of shape due to all the missing PIR's and TS0862 door controlers not being there.

If anyone could help with manuals etc that would be most gratefully accepted.

Thanks

PM me your email and i will send you the manuals you need

Thanks

Default Thanks

Just wanted to say a big thank you to George and too_good37 for sending me the PDF's for the panel... I set it all up last night (mostly happy with how I have done it).

Wished there was a nice GSM SMS/Text module that would allow me to send SMS messages to my phone in the event of the alarm being set off, or the smoke detectors being triggered. And to add extra things to my wish list, being able to SMS back to the Controller to tell it to disarm / stop going off etc.

These features seem to fall well outside what the 8+ year old box can do. I wonder why

Thanks again guys.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by noRbackwards View Post
    Not quite correct as programming with some panels are complicated when you have not been trained with quite a few systems hence the problems we had in the ealy days with Tecom and Concept.

However with a tecom or concept there are no quick arm, chime or partial buttons with the push of one single button and therefore as I stated use a panel that suits the end user by keeping it simple.

Macro logic baby :P

Recently has to program a Omni 400 and after I got the 99 page manual it was complicated as it uses once again a totally different programming proceedure and to be honest just got the panel operational after 2 hours of reading and stuffing around. Be OK if I had the time to practise first but for a one of panel I was just pleased to get it going and see the back of it as the programming was one thing and the poor installation an other.

Be OK if we could service panels we are familiar with but with a lap top containing manuals of hundreds of different panels on the market it has become a service persons nightmare made easier as we now no longer have to carry boxes full of manuals.

Just by the way my first panel I ever serviced was very simple to operate with a simple on off key switch a bloody big bell controlled by a single relay held on by a few reeds, crash wires and window tapes with no alarm timer sure have come a long way since but I still believe in providing the end user with a system that is easy to use for induvidual requirements by not providing a cheap and inferior components just to make a quick buck and disappear.
    MCM Panels ROCK SOLID

I come from the land with the ice and snow!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bartender View Post
    Wished there was a nice GSM SMS/Text module that would allow me to send SMS messages to my phone in the event of the alarm being set off, or the smoke detectors being triggered. And to add extra things to my wish list, being able to SMS back to the Controller to tell it to disarm / stop going off etc.

These features seem to fall well outside what the 8+ year old box can do. I wonder why

Thanks again guys.
    This isn't quite what you want, but its worth looking into.

Add an 8 way relay card onto your challenger panel, and you can use a Nidac Voice dialler to alert you to select alarms generated from your system.