Thread: RC AC units,Meter board alterations.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default RC AC units,Meter board alterations.

With Summer approaching I have been considering installing an A/C unit although we dont get that bad a Summer in the mountains but last year I found I didnt tolerate the heat as well as in previous years, but before I get that far, I was wondering about how they connect.
    This house has a very small old style meter board and I have read that in NSW, alterations/replacements means one of those 'SMART' meters has to be installed which I would prefer not have just yet.
    Old style window units were/are 15 amp plug ins I believe whereas the others are wired direct and I am not sure if a couple of now unused circuits (Stove and HWS) could be used for that purpose.(50 and 15 Amp)
    Obviously no matter how well I describe the board here, only an inspection can determine what has to be done but I am still waiting after 3 years for one local installer to call and tell me.
    Being in a small country town means you dont often have multiple choices as to who to call.

I would prefer to go the Reverse Cycle split unit than an A/C only unit as heat would be used more often than Cool up here.
    Any suggestions and experiences with the split units would appreciated.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 12-09-10 at 07:46 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

2. Look Here ->