Thread: LED outddor lighting

Thanks

Default LED outdoor lighting

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a 12v LED exterior spotlighting solution.

The scenario is a small bush cabin that is powered from a portable 12v pack. I'd like to mount some spotlights on the backs of a couple of trees to project some light out into the forest, providing a bit of ambience and pushing back the blackness when we have guests.

I've had surprisingly effective results using a couple of decent AA LED flashlights (not supermarket cheapies) and I also have an 18v third-party 'showerhead' array in a Ryobi torch that pumps out around 300lm for a good few hours on a single charge, so I know I can get the effect I want for a few watts, I'd just like to permanently mount something and cable it back to a single point rather than mess around balancing individual devices on fenceposts etc.

The only options I've found are garden lights (low power, usually come bundled with solar panel, questionable colour temperature); automotive worklights (hideously expensive and appallingly underpowered), and MR16-type drop-ins which may be the most promising option if I can only find some decent, weatherproof, adjustable housings.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Fermenter; 13-09-10 at 04:52 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 1,066 Posts

Wink Various led headlamps/lights.

G'Day Cobber,
    I just had a search on ebay using "led headlight" or "led headlamp"/
    Turns up thousands all shapes, sizes and some very cheap.
    Worth a look. Watch the postage though.

Kindest Regards, " The Druid ".

Thanks

cutter.com.au has a wide range of cree leds if you're up to the challenge of making it yourself.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fermenter View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm looking for a 12v LED exterior spotlighting solution.

The scenario is a small bush cabin that is powered from a portable 12v pack. I'd like to mount some spotlights on the backs of a couple of trees to project some light out into the forest, providing a bit of ambience and pushing back the blackness when we have guests.

I've had surprisingly effective results using a couple of decent AA LED flashlights (not supermarket cheapies) and I also have an 18v third-party 'showerhead' array in a Ryobi torch that pumps out around 300lm for a good few hours on a single charge, so I know I can get the effect I want for a few watts, I'd just like to permanently mount something and cable it back to a single point rather than mess around balancing individual devices on fenceposts etc.

The only options I've found are garden lights (low power, usually come bundled with solar panel, questionable colour temperature); automotive worklights (hideously expensive and appallingly underpowered), and MR16-type drop-ins which may be the most promising option if I can only find some decent, weatherproof, adjustable housings.

Any other ideas?
    I think this is exactly what you are looking for

Cougar Optics SMD LED 4" X 4" Square Flood Light 12/24v