Thread: Epsilon Card Splitter - POS?

Thanks

Default Epsilon Card Splitter - POS?

Hi Guys,
    tried sattronics several times for some support for this first a few weeks ago, but given it looks like they have left town, i wont be holding my breath for any replies.

I am running a Epsilon card splitter splitting a whitey between linux box running newcs, and a Winblows 2003 Server edition running GreyWolf (latest public version). I initially used the splitter as i wanted to test GW without upsetting my linux setup... Also i thought it may update my Whitey more successfully than the weekly missed updates that newcs was causing.

Well I have had nothing but trouble with GW, which i am assuming is the splitter.. initially GW works fine for 12 to 24hours, until WAN clients start being unable to receive ecms.... they stay connected, and if the try and reconnect they cannot... this occurs untill all clients fall off and GW needs restarting... all then works ok for 12 to 24 hours until this happens again....

Also i have noticed the whitey still misses EMK updates, and needs putting in a Humax to update... somethign i thought GW would prevent...

It seem obvious that the splitte ris the cause here... I have run GW without the splitter for a coupla days now without a problem....

Anyone seen/experienced similar problems with these splitters? are they FW upgradeable to make them a little more user friendly?

Cheers
    Cally

Look Here ->
    Thanks

GW or GWM does not work with any splitter.

The splitter is fine if used as the manufacturers intended, with set tops.

There is no reason to use a splitter with greywolf.

use Cccam and configure it to forward clients that way if you must.

Use cccam on your server if you want instead of greywolf.

Use GW 863b with a bf430 and a mandatory humax etc, as well as dreams.
    Use GWM 071b with dreamboxes only, without the mandatory humax if you wish .

Thanks

Whats the actual reason GWM works fine for 24hrs then doesn't?
    Any reason GWM works fine for some using an epsilon splitter however i cant seem to get it to?

cheers for the reply

Thanks

Basically it depends on the number of clients, the channel changes etc.
    GW assumes exclusive access to the card reset etc.

You will notice it has some pretty good error recovery, especially around the bfxx side of things.

It has error threshold settings that the user can set etc.
    This means the progarm thinks noone else is using the card and thats where the problems arise.

In your case it may take that long for a client to be reset etc.
    For example if they go to an aurora channel then come back, the program needs to reset the interface else you would get all those emm storms that we usedto get with sidplayos2's program?
    Remember that...and it would affect all other clients.

There was a lot of work done with GWM and noone else on the planet has come even close.

In fact I think I heard that a Greek magazine have nominated it the CS program of the decade.

And no, I am NOT the greywolf....I just read a lot of sat forums.

GWM does not work with an epsilon card splitter, newcs does, but only until an emk update.

Banned
    Thanks

hmmm............

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nedk View Post
    hmmm............

Yeah my girlfriend used to fill her mouth up with champagne and say the same thing.
    The bubbles give that tingling feeling.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z80 View Post
    Yeah my girlfriend used to fill her mouth up with champagne and say the same thing.
    The bubbles give that tingling feeling.
    What do you mean she used to, doesn’t she like the bubbly stuff anymore? Girls and champagne, gets my attention every time!

"Use GWM 071b with dreamboxes only, without the mandatory humax if you wish"

Z, will the above GWM 071b update the card using only Dreams? If not can I have newcs running and with just installed grey wolf using a season in Humax get updates to my XP server.

Yup I'm really confused!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palmac View Post

will the above GWM 071b update the card using only Dreams?
    yes it will

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by palmac View Post
    What do you mean she used to, doesn’t she like the bubbly stuff anymore? Girls and champagne, gets my attention every time!

"Use GWM 071b with dreamboxes only, without the mandatory humax if you wish"

Z, will the above GWM 071b update the card using only Dreams? If not can I have newcs running and with just installed grey wolf using a season in Humax get updates to my XP server.

Yup I'm really confused!

With greywolf 863b you need a humax in the client mix.
    With GWM 071b you can have just dreamboxes.

Both greywolfs will do emk updates correctly, unlike newcs which will fail and require card to be put into a humax etc every now and then.

however.....if you are happy to wack the card into the humax ocassionally then there is a way to run newcs AND have your humax clients connect as well via a season interface to newcs.

Or....if you have the epsilon card splitter you can have one of the paddles go into a humax, and another into a jaycar and then to newcs that way.

that will never stop either....but will ocassionally pixellate.

decisions... decisions