Thread: NX4 Data Pump

Thanks

Default NX4 Data Pump

Hey guys. Just a quick question. The "Data Pump" on the NX4 Board. What protocol dows the data bus use? I know that you can connect a add in controller to it. I have no use for that. is is RS-232 or RS-485?

Anyone have a pinout for it aswell

The reasons for this is i want to make a Homebrew security logger for my security for when im away. So i know whos coming and going.

input to the controller isn't really necessary, just output.

Thanks

Scott

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I see that noone can give me any answers. are there any in this forum that would want feedback on the data bus on the NX-4 for a similar project?

Gulargambone, Western Plains, NSW, Australia.
    Thanks

If you are referring to the DATA header, it is direct from the UART pins on the PIC chip. Therefore it is TTL level and can be read directly by a terminal program like hyperterminal etc. From memory it comes out at 2400,n,8,1 The data coming out is just a bunch of characters which I have never been able to make any sense of. The panel is obviously polling the bus and getting some answers from various items. The data just keeps coming out no matter what is going on in the panel. There must be some information around as to what it all means, but I have not been able to find out from anyone. If you do ever get some details on the data, I would really like to get hold of it so I can complete some interesting gear I am designing.

Thanks

Muddy,
    Thanks and yeah it is the "Data Pump" its whats written on the PCB. Any idea on the pinout?

Thanks
    Scott

Thanks

Mate, Im sure you may already know this, and i guess you are just kinda building an event logger or whatever for fun/education,, but the NX series has a comprehensive event logger which can be read from the programming software....