Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Got the VAST box.....

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Bloody ACMA site is down, something about an 'Unexpected drive problem'
    So along with the NAB, Citi Bank, Hong Kong Bank and Centrelink the joint is falling apart rapidly.
    Conspirecy Theory 101, all Computers are down because of 'XXXXXXXXXXXX'
    25 words or less and you win the 'Pull_the_Wool_over_Your_ Eyes' or a Free Copy of 'Politician's Electoral promises made but never kept'.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

Looks black in this pic

* Bill Paxton is the only actor to be killed by Alien, a Terminator, and the Predator.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bambbbam View Post
    Looks black in this pic

That's the seller that carried on so I bought mine from Sciteq.com.au

Leroy
    XCRUISER HDSR600HD twin sat and terrestrial receiver $OOS *
    XCRUISER HDSR385 Avant - sold out$OOS UltraPlus DVB-T and DVB-S2 tuners $49 Remotes $OOS

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default All sorted now

Quote Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
    I'm confused. Google searches indicate the VAST box, a UEC DSD4121 is black in colour.

Looking at Mad Electronics their pic shows a completely different model and is grey, however the model number is the same.
    I called them and they confirmed the colour is grey and not black, and that they only takes orders through their website, then their warehouse mails out the box to your address. I asked if they had any there and if they could open one up, to which they replied they can't and that their stock is only for people who purchase online and want to pick up from the store. They also mentioned that if some people have black ones, they probably would be the international version that is not designed for Australia, as theirs is grey, they have sold a large number and is designed for VAST in Australia.

For those that do have one, or know of someone that has, what colour is theirs and do they resemble the one on the Mad Electronics website.

Just going through their website, I really don't think the person I talked with knows what he is talking about.
    If you check their VAST decoder page here

it has the same decoder picture on this one which is actually a Panomax DTS 80P PVR.

Edit: All other stockists in OZ, UEC website and members replies all confirm it is black in colour.
    I'll give them a call in the morning and let them know they have an incorrect decoder picture advertised.

Now not so confused
    Last edited by Xplorer; 26-11-10 at 09:59 PM. Reason: update

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I checked that Mad mobs site and when I clicked on the PDF for specs on the UEC up came what looked to me like the 'standard 'Black' UEC VAST enabled STB.
    As you say maybe the person you spoke to was colour blind.
    I hate these sites when they dont clearly state any P&H, even if its done on a 'Enter Post Code for Shipping' is better than nothing.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

My box arrived today. Shitty little remote -was hard to open to insert the batteries. Picture not very good even after changing the resolution settings from the default 570.

I am able add the the settings for my Universal LNB (set to dual 9750/10600) to access my 90cm dish but unable to get a signal although 9750/10600 works fine with the 90cm dish using my Topfield for Aurora and for SelecTV on Pas8 (when I had a SelecTV sub.) While the box accepts trhe setrtings it doesn't work with them. I no long seem to have a working 11300 LNB to try as an alternative.

However, the new box works fine with the default setting (single 10700) when connected to my Austar supplied 60cm dish - trouble with the 60cm dish it is not much cop when the is any rain.

All ABC and SBS for all states work fine - will now have to wait until the Dec 15 to get the commercial channels enabled. (My son is a black spot area - he already has an authorised Aurora card - so should not have a problem- quotes for his address: "There is no predicted digital TV coverage at this location. You can convert to the VAST Satellite Service to view free-to-air digital TV")

Thanks

Universal LNB problem solved - when all else fails I looked at the manual.

After adding the Universal LNB settings (dual 9750/10600) - reboot the box and the settings accepted.

Like the bouquet selection feature - although the UEC decoder overall is very poor quality. Can't wait for other decoder suppliers to come on board later next year.

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234