Thread: Telstra Wireless modem

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Telstra Wireless modem

does anybody know if another bigpond wireless modem will work with my assigned simcard?

For example, I want to take the simcard out of my usb modem and put it into a wireless gateway modem

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Yes it will work if your wireless gateway modem has been configured to operate on the 850Hz band. If it doesn't, the wireless gateway modem will need to be programmed to work on bigponds 3g frequency. Other providers use a different frequency or 2g..

• The Following User Says Thank You to 3Amigo For This Useful Post:

zacker (24-09-10)

Thanks

They do mate, I use telstra sim in Volofone, Maxon and ericsson products without a problem. Im not a fan of the software that comes with much of the telstra product.

We dont have a line in that can carry ADSL, so I use the VF110 (at least it can double up as a phone as well, and provides wirless around the house)

As mentioned, you need to change settings depending on your carrier. The VF and Ericsson are pretty simple, internal browser, cange ISP to telstra.internet, ethernet in and away you go

Thanks

Best thing to do is let us know what settings you need and which SIM card you're trying to use.
    Normally the only settings needed are APN (which will change depending on ISP), Username and password (sometimes not needed, depending on ISP) and Authentication which is PAP for everyone except Bigpond which is CHAP.