Thread: My iGo program folder got screwed up...

Thanks

Default My iGo program folder got screwed up...

Hello, I have an IVISION device with Nav n Go iGo 8 My Way on it, I tried updating the map from the site that came with the manual but it didn't work, before I did anything I copied the igo folder from the SD card to my comp for safety, after I saw that it didn't work I deleted what was on the SD card and put back the folder I copied to my computer, but then when I activated the program it gave me "Database files not found error" or something like that, I opened the SD card on my comp again and when I tried opening the DATA.zip file it gave read error, I did a disk check and clicked "Repair bad sectors" but what that did was actually delete my DATA.xip file, I tried everything to replace it but nothing worked, I downloaded a dozen versions of the program but no, only a version that said "iGo 8 PNA Romanian" worked but when I run the app it first asks for language but after it loads everything it gives a white screen with a gray line going town it...

I still have all of the original files except DATA.zip, the device is IVISION running on Windows CE Core 5.0 and the exe file was under %SDCARD%/igo/igopna.exe (the folder was just igo, not igo8)

Please help, the company the markets iGo here is on a friggen holiday and won't be back till a week and a half from now...

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Could be a screen resolution thing. Look inside the data.zip for folders like 480_272 and 320_240. Have a look at your manual, if the screen is QVGA it needs a 320_240 folder in the datazip. Have a look at the system.txt, it may have some info under [interface] or [rawdisplay]

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, but I checked and the resolution folder does exist (in the branding.zip archive, or should it be somewhere else?), I know it's 480x272 because at one point when I was trying different files I got an error "Can't access 480_272/loading.bmp", also it's the same size of my PSP screen...

I looked for system.txt, don't you mean sys.txt? this was the code inside it:

Code:
    [folders]
    app="%SDCARD%/igo"

[interface]
    maxzoom2d=6000000
    show_exit=1
    ;resolution_dir="480_800"
    ;vga=1

[map]
    2dheadup=1

;[rawdisplay]
    screen_x=800
    screen_y=480
    highres=1

;[gps]
    port=1
    baud=4800
    I replaced it with this:

Code:
    [folders]
    app="%SDCARD%/igo"

[interface]
    maxzoom2d=6000000
    show_exit=1
    ;resolution_dir="480_272"
    ;vga=1

[map]
    2dheadup=1

;[rawdisplay]
    screen_x=480
    screen_y=272
    highres=1

;[gps]
    port=1
    baud=4800
    I reset my device (the reset to default button that you have to press with a toothpick) and activated it but same deal, I get asked to choose the language and voice then a few seconds of loading then after it says "loading main.screen" or something like that I get this screen:

The only way to stop it is by pressing the reset button again cause the Power button doesn't respond...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AAA QQQ View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but I checked and the resolution folder does exist (in the branding.zip archive, or should it be somewhere else?), I know it's 480x272 because at one point when I was trying different files I got an error "Can't access 480_272/loading.bmp", also it's the same size of my PSP screen...

I looked for system.txt, don't you mean sys.txt? this was the code inside it:

Code:
    [folders]
    app="%SDCARD%/igo"

[interface]
    maxzoom2d=6000000
    show_exit=1
    ;resolution_dir="480_800"
    ;vga=1

[map]
    2dheadup=1

;[rawdisplay]
    screen_x=800
    screen_y=480
    highres=1

;[gps]
    port=1
    baud=4800
    I replaced it with this:

Code:
    [folders]
    app="%SDCARD%/igo"

[interface]
    maxzoom2d=6000000
    show_exit=1
    ;resolution_dir="480_272"
    ;vga=1

[map]
    2dheadup=1

;[rawdisplay]
    screen_x=480
    screen_y=272
    highres=1

;[gps]
    port=1
    baud=4800
    I reset my device (the reset to default button that you have to press with a toothpick) and activated it but same deal, I get asked to choose the language and voice then a few seconds of loading then after it says "loading main.screen" or something like that I get this screen:

The only way to stop it is by pressing the reset button again cause the Power button doesn't respond...
    back up everything first...

delete sys.txt and try again..let the program generate its own sys.txt
    NOYPITS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AAA QQQ View Post
    Are you sure it is a 480x272 screen. That message came from igo and may be wrong. It is referring to an internal program logic error.

Putting ; in front of a line in sys.txt means disregard or a comment, so you did not change anything. [rawdisplay] is also commented out which may be wriong.

you need something like this (if it is 480x272)

[interface]
    maxzoom2d=6000000
    defaultzoom3d=200000
    show_exit=1
    resolution_dir="480_272"
    vga=0

[rawdisplay]
    class="landscape"
    screen_x=480
    screen_y=272

Thanks

Deleting sys.txt didn't seem to help as the device didn't create a new one...

I tried the new configurations without the comment mark but still same deal, it always crashes after "MAINSCREEN LOAD"...