Hi All

The touch screen on my Nuvi 1490T very quickly became full of greasy finger print marks only after a short period of usage, and I was continually cleaning it.

I needed to find a suitable stylus I could easily use that left no marks.

Tried various comercial ones like thin plastic PDA games ones with almost sharp points that could danage the screen if pushed in hard enough. I spoke to a tech' that repairs these type of units and he has seen screens that look like they have been machine guned.

I tried different things like wooden Chinese chopsticks, cotton buds(ear cleaners in some countries) and others.

Eventually I found the perfect stylus material-balsa wood!

Balsa wood can be found in all hobby shops and some craft shops it is lightweight and reasonably strong. I found a good supply at Bunn**gs Whar****se. Various round and square shaped dowling lengths.

I chose a short length of 5mm round for mine which I then cut into pencil lenghts (150mm) and applied two coats of varnish to keep the wood clean and with fine sand paper rounded one end into a bullet shape.

You can find your own size preference and maybe mount a short lenght into a old dissused biro pen to make a pocket clip stylus ect.

Mine works fine and no screen marks. Carry it in your pocket or in a little pocket in the dashboard of your vehicle.

For what it's worth.

Cheers