Thread: How to log

Thanks

Default How to log

Hi guys i am wishing to learn how to log so i can search and look up my hsn myself as have had no luck searching logs that have been sent to me.
    lets say i want to log D2
    from what i understand you need a decoder box serial cable and a logging program.

i currently have my dish pointed at D2 , i have a spare pc with serial port and serial cable and a humax 5400 but no program to log with.

do i have the right setup or do i need to change any equipment or add equipment.
    also how do i begin logging

is there a tutorial anywhere that i can look at or could somebody please advise me step by step on how to do this.
    please pm me if you prefer
    Last edited by mcmuzzy; 27-09-10 at 03:15 PM.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I don't have any experience logging with a Humax, but I'd imagine that you will need to buy a season/logger interface and then use an appropriate logging program. Do a search for wallbanger, dlog, or mlog and you might find the answer to your questions.

My advice is to buy a cheap dreambox (DM500's are less than $100) and you won't need much else.

Thanks

thx for the advise i will look into getting a dreambox. will i still need a season logger to go with that ?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,295 Times in 850 Posts

If you get a Dreambox then NO you won't need a season.
    A lot depends on what you actually want to log.
    You mention logging your HSN, this being the case please allow me to make the assumption that you want to log a UBI HSN
    A basic set up would be;

Sat Dish pointed at the appropriate Satellite
    Cat 6 cable from the Sat dish to the Dream

The dream would need to be configured and tuned to get UBI
    As the Dream internal Reader won't read a genuine nor pirate UBI cards
    you will need to get a Phoenix reader and attach it via a 9 pin RS232
    Ive found the Phoenix-Smartmouse Programmers available from do the job very well.
    As far as logging progs go, I prefer this
    Assuming you have a router, ensure you PC is part of the network then using the appropriate cable join your Dream to the same network.

Fire up your logging program
    Go to the options or setup of your logging program and;
    Ensure your Dreambox Host IP is set correctly, usually something like 192.168.1.XXX on your home network,
    Ensure the port used is not being used by something else (you are pretty safe with 31338)
    Ensure the EMM PID and Seperator is correct for the service you are attempting to log.
    Save your settings and start logging.

I think thats about everything, I've had a few tonight so if there are any glearing mistakes I'm sure someone will jump in and point them out.
    cheers
    Last edited by Seymour Butts; 28-09-10 at 12:53 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Seymour Butts For This Useful Post:

gulliver (30-09-10)

Thanks

the phoenix reader i have is a mastera V programmer would that be set on 3.5 or 6 in phoenix mode
    dish is pointed at ubi and connected via RG6 cble to satellite box but i have a humax 5400 so i will have to go out and get a dreambox 500 or 500s
    rs232 cable i have and i will connect it straight to my laptop which has a serial port built in. laptop not on a network so do not need a router (is this correct?)
    and then follow rest of your instructions.
    does that sound correct or have i missed something ??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mcmuzzy View Post
    the phoenix reader i have is a mastera V programmer would that be set on 3.5 or 6 in phoenix mode
    dish is pointed at ubi and connected via RG6 cble to satellite box but i have a humax 5400 so i will have to go out and get a dreambox 500 or 500s
    rs232 cable i have and i will connect it straight to my laptop which has a serial port built in. laptop not on a network so do not need a router (is this correct?)
    and then follow rest of your instructions.
    does that sound correct or have i missed something ??
    with DM500 you will log through the network, so you dont need the serial cable anymore. Use EMK Database Manager.
    Because the DM500 cant read the UBI card, connect the cardreader to your pc, use Irservr to read the card, then have CCcam in the DM500 to connect to Irservr.
    Datalane -

Thanks

Cat 6 cable from the Sat dish to the Dream
    I've had a few tonight
    cat 6 or rg 6?

Thanks

Rg6
    Datalane -

Thanks

Hi
    can any help with logar program, as it"s not avalibale on the free rapidshare download
    Regads: Ali eter

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alieter View Post
    Hi
    can any help with logar program, as it"s not avalibale on the free rapidshare download
    Regads: Ali eter
    Here

Thanks

i was looking a a few set top boxes and noticed that a good one would be the nokia mediamaster 9500s with a scsi card and a win98 machine. what is your opinion on this box for logging ? please correct me if i am wrong but i was advised by others on this forum that with the Nokia Mediamaster 9500S you can log the entire stream without having use for a smart card inserted anywhere. is that the same case with dm 500 and u only connect ur card interface ie phoenix programmer if you are only logging ur hsn where as if you have a couple of cards say 2 or 3 you would go about the other method to pull down all hsns without inserting connecting a card. is this correct ?
    if the Nokia Mediamaster 9500S is a good box what is the going price be for one of these and where would i find one as they are 6 or 7 years old or if there is an equivalent or better box on the market now that does the same and maybe more which make and model would i be looking at as i want to buy one within the next couple of days
    Last edited by mcmuzzy; 01-10-10 at 01:27 PM.