Thread: EDM Solution 6+6

Thanks

Exclamation EDM Solution 6+6

Hi guys,

We have just moved into a house and have not been given the codes to the existing alarm. I looked up the user manual for this alarm and the default code is 2580. I have tried entering this code to disarm the alarm but it does not work so the alarm is permanently unplugged.

Does anyone have any solutions to this? I have tried everything to get it working.

There is a little box in the main box that has a bunch of flick switches ranging from 1-8. Not sure what these do at all.

Regards,

Byron.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

2580 is the master code and this would have obviously been changed with the current master code or the installer code you would have to default and start again so long as you know how to program.as for all the dipswitches i reckon its going to be elsema set for keyswitch arming but some more info would be good hope this helps

Thanks

Thanks for your help. I have gone into the box and held down the reset button for about 10 seconds but this seems to do nothing. I have tried the master code several times after hitting the reset button but still nothing.

I can't get into installer mode without deactivating the alarm. This task seems impossible! Is there anyway to get the alarm back to it's default master code?

Cheers,

Byron.

Thanks

You need to hold default button down on power up so disconnect the battery and mains power and then power back up with button held down.this will default the whole system so your code of 2580 will work but you have not stated anything else about the system. is it back to base? back to mobile phone?entry exit path?entry exit time all this will go back to factory deafult and will more than likely have to be reprogrammed.programming these is not hard at all so long as you have some basic alarm know how.keep posting if ya have problems more than enough guys here to help ya.

and oh forgot installer code is 1234 and 960# will get you out of pragram mode
    Last edited by cazfredjack; 27-09-10 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks

Hang on byron574.

My memory could be a little rusty as that's such a clunky old panel. However if it's like the other old Solution panels, you need to power down the system (AC and battery) and then depress the reset button, restoring power and holding it down a further 5 seconds or so.

You should hear a relay on the panel go 'click'. Then try the default codes. Bear in mind that if you do manage to factory default the panel, you will need to reprogram more than just the codes.

Edit: SNAP!
    Last edited by downunderdan; 27-09-10 at 10:47 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

byron574 (28-09-10)

Thanks

Thanks very much for everyone's help! Unfortunately it is not resetting. I have followed your steps at the box microscopically and the 2580 code is not disarming.

The reset button seems to be having no effect what so ever. When powering the system back up the siren sounds 1 beep, the relay panel makes a series of clicking noises and then 30 seconds later the system arms itself.

I am presuming the system was a back to base as it has phone lines connected to it and the former security company has their sticker on the control panel. (I have tried getting their assistance, they cannot help as it is not monitored anymore)

Is there any other solution or any other way?

Thanks

seems like the panel may be locked out of installer programming.now i am not totally sure on a 6+6 but i know on a sol16 you can short a couple of pins to default on power up.will ask around when at work next time hopefully it will work but as dan said its a prety old clunker

• The Following User Says Thank You to cazfredjack For This Useful Post:

byron574 (28-09-10)

Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by byron574 View Post

(I have tried getting their assistance, they cannot help as it is not monitored anymore)

?
    Why doesn't that surprise me

• The Following User Says Thank You to watchdog For This Useful Post:

byron574 (28-09-10)

Thanks

From Memory if the relay chatters after the default process the panel has installer lockout programmed and you will need to take it to EDM to default it

Thanks

im sure tastech you can short out a couple of points to default

Thanks

Youve got me thinking im sure we did something to a 4 + 4 once but that was years ago