Thread: WTD: CCT camera for home

Thanks

Wink WTD: CCT camera for home

Can someone pls point me in the direction ? I would like to have external camera
    at front door with wireless transmission to small screen around 50 mtrs away
    possible extension for 2 cameras....
    no need to record just to see who is at the door....

either stand alone system.....or connect to computer through BT wireless or lan.... is doable
    dont want cheap china rubbish
    Last edited by KB007; 03-10-10 at 04:11 PM.

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by KB007 View Post
    Can someone pls point me in the direction ? I would like to have external camera
    at front door with wireless transmission to small screen around 50 mtrs away
    possible extension for 2 cameras....
    no need to record just to see who is at the door....

either stand alone system.....or connect to computer through BT wireless or lan.... is doable
    dont want cheap china rubbish
    To get colour video transmission back to the receiver you are going to need about 5Mhz bandwidth. This is on a 2.4 Ghz "free access" band. You will have lots of problems with quality & transmission dropouts. What is going to power these wireless cameras? You can get the generic 2.4Ghz receiver /
    transmitter gear & try your luck BUT remember that these are 4 band NOT 4 channel. You only get to use one of four frequencies. So for two cameras you will need two set running on different frequencies. THEN at the receive end you will have two receiver composite video outputs that you want to display on ONE screen. If you are not using a recorder then you will need a sequencer to swith between the cameras or a quad adaptor to show on one screen.

Not such a simple job now hey ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 691 Posts

You're going to need to run power to the camera, so you may as well run combo video/power cable.