Thread: relook Neumo 3 installing emus again

Thanks

Default relook Neumo 3 installing emus again

Following previous advice I managed to install emus

Upgraded neumo installed once more - no problem

I tried a Sifteam image did not like it and went back to neumo and installed emus again. This time however when I press "menu 1" etc nothing happens. Went through everything again. This time telnet told me "File exists" but still it does respond to "menu 1" etc. Everything dowloaded is set to 755. Any advice or is it possible to start emus in another way such as by telnet?

Look Here ->
    Thanks

You should have a script in /var/scripts to start the various emus - will also add a symlink in /var/bun/init.d. You can start through telnet eg.
    /var/script/menu1.sh

Thanks

Thanks jgm for your reply
    I will not be home for two days to try it.
    I definitely have the script in /var/data/scripts and will try starting by telnet.

Thanks

Yes it works thanks. I can start kill start again and it starts automatically when the STB statrts. But I still cannot use menu+1 etc

Thanks

The menu numbering is not used in neumo images. This is only used in enigma images, which don't support the dual tuners. The menu system in neumo is quite different. BTW, I've just updated to neumo 3.4.1 r3974. There is a bit of mucking around in PCEditor to get Optus C1 set up, & I still have a bit of an issue with channel ordering, but so far it is looking really good.

You don't have to go through a re-instal of your emus when you upgrade, as newer versions only change the databases on the hard disk - everything else remains unchanged. Before you start, copy everything in /var to /var/data and then delete the directories (bin, emu, etc, scripts) in /var and create symlinks to the /var/data versions. Then when you update, you just have to go through that last step again & all your emus etc are still in place.