Thread: Import KML route files from Google Maps

Thanks

Unhappy Import KML route files from Google Maps

Hey, first post, so kind of a newbie

Good news, I have a Binatone z350BT up and running with IGO 8 and I have to say it is MILES better than the standard software they come with. Am running it off an SD card and mostly works well.

My question is about importing KML route files from Google Maps/Google Earth/RouteConverter. Simply put, I can't. I've created the CONTENT/USERDATA/POI and CONTENT/USERDATA/ROUTE directories. I've downloaded a POI file in KML format, and generated one out of RouteConverter and they both are working. However, when I try and put a KML route file (either from Google Maps, Google Earth, or generated out of RouteConverter) in the ROUTE directory, they do not appear when I try Manage|Saved Routes.

I've even put an entry in the sys.txt for kmlroute= and tried relative AND absolute path settings, but still no dice.

Not having played with this software for long, am I missing something? Do I have to trigger an import? Is there a flag I need to turn on, or should I be generating or converting my routes to something different?

Everything was going so well until this

Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

--- Edit ----

Forgot to include some details. Version is iGo8 R3 v8.3.4.117940 - November 3 2009, Using Sensis R17 Maps and have added TTS. Will consider dropping in an earlier version to see if the route import works there and post if I have any success.

Ta.
    Last edited by Decker; 08-10-10 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Update with Versions

Look Here ->