Thread: Solar Panel Salespersons Qualifications.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Default Solar Panel Salespersons Qualifications.

This advert appeared in my local paper under Positions Vacant.

Solar Sales Professionals

No solar experience necessary

Our team are all earning $1500-4000 - p/w.
    Our easy to follow presentation gives you all the produact knowledge you'll need to make the sale. Enjoy a car,phone and a fuel allowance plus $500 retainer against commisions, monthly and quarterly performance bonuses. Ongoing encouragement and training provided. Are you good enough to achieve an overseas holiday ?
    Find out - Email
    orange@domysolar.com.au
    I think the advert speaks for itself.
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 08-10-10 at 12:32 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

and they would ask you for security deposit and make your earnings by way of commission on selling the products

Thanks

i wonder how many of these sales people would have been laid off after the rebate got canned? probably most

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tradesman For This Useful Post:

OSIRUS (29-10-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tradesman View Post
    i wonder how many of these sales people would have been laid off after the rebate got canned? probably most
    Hopefully all of them .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    This advert appeared in my local paper under Positions Vacant.

Solar Sales Professionals

Our team are all earning $1500-4000 - p/w.
    Our easy to follow presentation gives you all the produact knowledge you'll need to make the sale. Enjoy a car,phone and a fuel allowance plus $500 retainer against commisions, monthly and quarterly performance bonuses. Ongoing encouragement and training provided. Are you good enough to achieve an overseas holiday ?
    Find out - Email
    orange@domysolar.com.au
    I think the advert speaks for itself.
    Most of these type of sales people are being used knowing that they will generally only make a couple of sales, that being to their family, relatives and their friends. After that when they don't perform they get axed and the next new recruit replaces them and the whole cycle starts again.

This type of system works because the family and friends want to help out making the new recruits look sucessful so they buy the product whether they need it or not. What it really comes down to is the families and friends end up buying some short term employment for their unemployed family member or friend.
    Last edited by bss904; 31-10-10 at 08:32 PM. Reason: spellling

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bss904 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla (03-11-10)

Thanks

ive already noticed the number of ads has dropped off , and the remaining ones have dropped in price almost $1000. probably a desparate attempt to shift stock.

i'm still thinking about getting a system though , we have a 20m long roof that faces north and it would be a shame not to take advantage of it.

Thanks

well ours was done through AIRE and minimum we wanted was 33kw per day ave we are getting 15.something at the moment thats over 60 days

so we took his advice and installed a 5.250 system
    promised we would get the 33kwh but wouldnt get much more
    33kwh was our avg break even point

so thanks Todd

so as far as we are concerned solar salesmen are on par with selling ice to eskimos and a secondhand car salesman on the gold coast

absolute ly### basta""s

John

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by le_angel View Post
    well ours was done through AIRE and minimum we wanted was 33kw per day ave we are getting 15.something at the moment thats over 60 days

so thanks Todd

so as far as we are concerned solar salesmen are on par with selling ice to eskimos and a secondhand car salesman on the gold coast

absolute ly### basta""s

John
    That sucks yes, but did you get it put in writing? Caviet emptor. Never take as gospel anything a sales person is not prepared to put in writing. If it's on the contract and it doesn't perform as promised, then you've got recourse. Provided of course the company hasn't gone bum up in the mean time.

Thanks

high chance of fly by night solar companies going belly up atm.

regarding outputs , there is no way of determining if one panel is underperforming so in Johns case above , you may have one bad panel?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by le_angel View Post

so thanks Todd

absolute ly### basta""s

John
    If your system is perfectly unshaded facing true North the most you can expect is 20.8Kwh Per Day averaged over the year , this time of year on a clear day you should be seeing around 36kwh per day .
    15kwh on a clear day is totally unacceptable for a system that size and I believe you have good grounds to have this investigated.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    This advert appeared in my local paper under Positions Vacant

One advantage to these crowds that would employ such people, is that they are able to spout whatever the company has indoctrinated brainwashed trained them to say with a relatively clear conscience.
    Ignorance is bliss.

Michael

Thanks

interesting, you got a 5.25 system and wanted 33kwh, i have a 1.1 sys and produce avg now of 7 kwh/day, times that by 5 and you get ya 33kwh/day,but that is not to grid here first is house then grid so smart meter says i give them about 4 a day and use little peak and do the washing and aircon in off peak, result ,they owe me cash

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anyone View Post
    interesting, you got a 5.25 system and wanted 33kwh, i have a 1.1 sys and produce avg now of 7 kwh/day, times that by 5 and you get ya 33kwh/day,but that is not to grid here first is house then grid so smart meter says i give them about 4 a day and use little peak and do the washing and aircon in off peak, result ,they owe me cash
    Your average of 7kwh/day is for this time of the year , you will be lucky to see 3kwh/day in winter , so it's the average over the year that is important , 4kwh is what you will get if you average your system over the year.

My 4.2KW system produced 28.66kwh today but averaged over the year I get 16.1kwh per day.

Thanks

Your average of 7kwh/day is for this time of the year , you will be lucky to see 3kwh/day in winter , so it's the average over the year that is important , 4kwh is what you will get if you average your system over the year.
    may avg out was 3.9, what is important to me is what time i use the mains power, since swapping to the smart meter and adjusting use times my bill has been in the
    -If your system is perfectly unshaded facing true North the most you can expect is 20.8Kwh Per Day averaged over the year , this time of year on a clear day you should be seeing around 36kwh per day .
    15kwh on a clear day is totally unacceptable for a system that size and I believe you have good grounds to have this investigated.
    my system peaks around noon and delivers 1100w, does the 5.2 sys make max 5200w
    Last edited by anyone; 08-11-10 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anyone View Post
    may avg out was 3.9, what is important to me is what time i use the mains power, since swapping to the smart meter and adjusting use times my bill has been in the
    my system peaks around noon and delivers 1100w, does the 5.2 sys make max 5200w
    Except for the "cloud edge effect" you will rarely ever see more than 85% of the panels rating at the inverter ( 80% is more common ), when the panel surfaces go above 25c they start to tapper off their output , 25C is panel temp not air temp , so really the only time you will see 25c is when the air temp is around 12C on a totally clear sunny day , hosing them down can also reduce the panel back to 25c but even then there are other loses to take into account including the conversion efficiency of the inverter.
    On a 25C clear day it's unusual for panel temps to go above 60C.

Contrary to popular belief heat is a solar panels worst enemy , the hotter they get the less efficient they get.

Anyone: Isn't it amazing how installing Solar changes your usage patterns

Thanks

Anyone: Isn't it amazing how installing Solar changes your usage patterns
    dead right with the smart meter it works for me atm, only 2 of us and the missus works part time so i got the job of doing the washing after 9 and b4 7 on the cheap, i will need the aircon over hot summer nights but again on the cheap, as i mentioned if ppl want to check their system have a look around noon and see if its performing to the rated output