Thread: What sat-FTA do you like?

Thanks

Default What sat-FTA do you like?

Im currently finalising my setup > Ive gone the pc/ci option and its working ok, though currently still pointed at C1, so all I have access to is pretty unremarkable!! I hope to get it to D2 soonish..for my setanta sports subscription!

However, what Im curious in finding out about, given the constraints of a 65cm(?) dish(the one that came with foxtel), what type of English language FTA channels are out there that will get decent signal/quality here in melb.

I realise a positioner is reqd to get the dish to move around etc, but Im moreso interested in finding out whats out there before I think about that bit yet

many thanks in advance

astro
    Astro's Shuttle XPC Barebone Cohort!
    *Proud former AMCC Defector*

Historia est vitae magistra

Look Here ->
    Thanks

How long's a piece of string? It's not hard to Google is it?

Then do a bit of homework and learn how to interpret Lyngsat, getting an understanding of beam EIRP and footprints and Ku and C (to see wot your 65cm will receive). Here's an EIRP .

You then mite like to publish a comprehensive list and maintain it after you sort out what's English and what's worth watching.

If your religious you've reached Minerva without having to die first.

Thanks

cheers again farmsky

Believe me, Ive had a decent squiz at all those relevant stations... so far its BBC World, NHK world(on D2) and the Australia network that seems of interest [in english] !

Im just after some channels that would be showing FTA UK/US shows.. do you have any tried and tested recommendations? If I have to browse any more channel sites in indonesian and thai, Im going to go bonkers Imk not sure what is on FTA Globecast oz... I go to Globecast Oz site and there isnt anything about programs/schedules, just what deals theyve done and services theyre providing

cheers
    astro
    Astro's Shuttle XPC Barebone Cohort!
    *Proud former AMCC Defector*

Historia est vitae magistra