Thread: A few (simple?) Xbox questions

Thanks

Default A few (simple?) Xbox questions

Hi all, I've just got myself my first xbox. Not the 360, the original (yes I know its overdue!) and theres a few things I want to know to help separate fact from rumor. Firstly my xbox is a japanese model that came in one of the platinum packs with Halo, gotham racer 2. Its 2nd hand and i assume it not modded or upgraded.

1: Can I tell the size of the current harddisc without opening the box? (The info on the box just says "harddisc" but doesnt mention the size.)

2: If an Xbox game is region free for a Jap Xbox, is it also region free for a Jap Xbox360?

3: Will a soft mod make it totally region free? What other benefits does a softmod give?

4: Can i use a crossover cable to ftp games from my pc HD to the Xbox HD without a custom dashboard?

Sorry if some of these questions are simple to the pros but I had difficulty finding a difinitive answer. Hope you can help.

Cheers
    HG

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hentai Guy View Post
    Hi all, I've just got myself my first xbox. Not the 360, the original (yes I know its overdue!) and theres a few things I want to know to help separate fact from rumor. Firstly my xbox is a japanese model that came in one of the platinum packs with Halo, gotham racer 2. Its 2nd hand and i assume it not modded or upgraded.

1: Can I tell the size of the current harddisc without opening the box? (The info on the box just says "harddisc" but doesnt mention the size.)

2: If an Xbox game is region free for a Jap Xbox, is it also region free for a Jap Xbox360?

3: Will a soft mod make it totally region free? What other benefits does a softmod give?

4: Can i use a crossover cable to ftp games from my pc HD to the Xbox HD without a custom dashboard?

Sorry if some of these questions are simple to the pros but I had difficulty finding a difinitive answer. Hope you can help.

Cheers
    HG
    size of HDD will be 8.4gb or 10gb

region free question, depends. You need to search for xbox360 compatibility list to check this out.

A softmod will, BUT my concern is that a softmod can be a bit volatile in the hands of an inexperienced xbox'er. With the cost of chips declining, better off getting one to start with.

A crossover cable is ok for direct pc to xbox connection, but you will need a hacked dashboard for it to work(or at lease a modded xbox with evox disk)

hope this helps.

Thanks

Yes that did help. Thanks for the info. Can u recommend a good chip, or the best dashboard?

Thanks

Take your pick with the chip, the DuoX and the aladdin are both good chips with the right bios on them. As for the dash, take your pick, they are all much the same really in terms of functionality. Most simply grab a copy of slayers and load that up to start with.
    What would you do if your server was stolen or failed beyond repair?
    http://www.2000cn.com.au/shadowprotect.html