Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NX Unlocker

Thanks

Just another excuse for techs to be slack. If you're doing your job properly as a tech, you should be conducting a full site inspection and test of all devices on any take over/commissioning. That's where most of the time is, not in reprogramming. It takes all of 10 minutes at the most to program an NX from scratch even with 8 areas and say 40 odd user codes.

Thanks

I think you're both right.

Whereas I agree with Drift that you should fully audit a system when you take it over, I do recognise that occasionally there are esoteric little quirks of programming which the user may have forgotten about.

What annoys me is the Australian industry's attitudes towards sharing of installer codes. Can you imagine if the automotive industry required you to rebuild the engine every time you changed mechanic?

Thanks

How are you to know that Jeff on user 5 has authority to change user codes because he is the IT guy that wasn't there that day you did the change over.

Quote Originally Posted by Drift View Post
    There's always the option to download from offsite for tweaking if required.
    No one gets paid to "tweak" via download.
    The control room gets the calls, my boss has to deal with it and the end result is i look like the tech that his work results in call backs.

I know the NX panel quite well but if i have a tool that can streamline a service call i will use it.
    Anyway what ever, there is probably no right or wrong answer in this subject just people have different ways of approaching things.
    Last edited by Keystone; 18-10-10 at 06:35 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post
    What annoys me is the Australian industry's attitudes towards sharing of installer codes. Can you imagine if the automotive industry required you to rebuild the engine every time you changed mechanic?
    Dan that happens quite a bit with modified cars running after market (programmable) computers, the tuner will lock the computer with a code. If you want to go elsewhere they will reset it for you but will set it back to a base (standard) map.

Thanks

Just another excuse for techs to be slack. If you're doing your job properly as a tech, you should be conducting a full site inspection and test of all devices on any take over/commissioning. That's where most of the time is, not in reprogramming. It takes all of 10 minutes at the most to program an NX from scratch even with 8 areas and say 40 odd user codes.
    ha 8 areas 40 codes 10 mins yeah? dunno maybe your not testing 40 codes either.....
    Fact is if the client calls you for a take over, its not a service but a straight swap of monitoring, why change what aint broke!?! If it were a service and take over your right defaulting may be better but you wanna hope the client remembers that it cries for 20 seconds before the rear entry door opens or something......MOST are straight forward but there is always that one.........................................

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kneebo View Post
    ha 8 areas 40 codes 10 mins yeah? dunno maybe your not testing 40 codes either.....
    Fact is if the client calls you for a take over, its not a service but a straight swap of monitoring, why change what aint broke!?! If it were a service and take over your right defaulting may be better but you wanna hope the client remembers that it cries for 20 seconds before the rear entry door opens or something......MOST are straight forward but there is always that one.........................................
    No, it doesnt take long to reprogram and test all

As for the takeover without a service, that's just poor practice. I you're taking over a system you've never seen before and not carrying out a full service in the process you're not doing your job properly. How do you know everything works? As the last person to touch the system it's on your head.
    Last edited by Drift; 19-10-10 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks

No, it doesnt take long to reprogram and test all

As for the takeover without a service, that's just poor practice. I you're taking over a system you've never seen before and not carrying out a full service in the process you're not doing your job properly. How do you know everything works? As the last person to touch the system it's on your head.
    Correct, servicing the battery and firing off the sirens is what happens, you need to see the signals at the other end.
    But again not all panels are as simple as some.
    I just think this product makes a simple job even simpler and cost effective for the boss.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Kneebo View Post
    Correct, servicing the battery and firing off the sirens is what happens, you need to see the signals at the other end.
    But again not all panels are as simple as some.
    I just think this product makes a simple job even simpler and cost effective for the boss.....
    If that's what you believe constitutes a full service, you've got a lot to learn my friend.

Thanks

If that's what you believe constitutes a full service, you've got a lot to learn my friend.
    Bow chicka wow wow...
    Last edited by downunderdan; 19-10-10 at 02:38 PM.

Thanks

Ahhhh how silly of me!!! you dont need to test the sirens!
    Sorry

Thanks

Drift, some companies don't charge the client for a take over commissioning so i guess they don't want to stay there any longer than they need. That doesn't mean you cant take note of any issues found along the way and then organise a service call or quote to rectify problems.
    Then you have the people that decline your offer to fix issues as they don't want to pay the money.

Anyway this is a whole different subject.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    Drift, some companies don't charge the client for a take over commissioning so i guess they don't want to stay there any longer than they need. That doesn't mean you cant take note of any issues found along the way and then organise a service call or quote to rectify problems.
    Then you have the people that decline your offer to fix issues as they don't want to pay the money.

Anyway this is a whole different subject.
    ditto my man.

Thanks

A few questions that come from this.

Who charges for change overs and how long do you allow for them (whether charging or not)?
    Do you allow different amounts of time for a NX4/Sol880 and a larger system (16-30 Zones)?
    How often do you find no zone list on site and do you then ID all zones or get the client to organise it from the last company?

Thanks

Who charges for change overs and how long do you allow for them (whether charging or not)? Depends on the employer and how they feel at the time.

Do you allow different amounts of time for a NX4/Sol880 and a larger system (16-30 Zones)?
    Yes certainly, industrial is generally more complex than a domestic site- I went to a takeover today that had 7 zones, each in a different area and users with different area authority. Took longer to take over, service and ensure its all humming properly.

How often do you find no zone list on site and do you then ID all zones or get the client to organise it from the last company?
    Usually try to get the old one from the client and test it out from there. Above said site was not mapped correctly and the zone list had no description. I needed to alter this.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Kneebo For This Useful Post:

Andrewpv01 (21-10-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpv01 View Post
    That is a problem, I try to spend the time and do this correctly. You can id most smaller panels fairly easily and Concept/ Challenger usually has the zone list text in programming.

One of my pet hates is incorrect zone lists.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keystone For This Useful Post:

Andrewpv01 (21-10-10),Cat6 (07-02-20),rotor138 (20-10-10)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Keystone View Post
    What a load of wank, ive been able to access Nx panels for years without the program code at no cost.

Hint - read the system requirements on that page.
    You've lost me... From what I can see (though I dont know a lot about the smaller panels) Purchase the module and send some commands?

Thanks

Yeah fair enough, still have to purchase the module and software but not through that website. Im sure DAS sell them.

Thanks

Default More info please...

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Just cracked this software... Think I just set a PB
    Hey Wade
    i came across your comments regarding the NX Unlocker
    just wondering if you could assist with cracking the program? I have downloaded the software from the official site but it is now asking for a registration code??

i have been using the NetworX NX-588E to read and download data off clients panels direct however have come across too many where the installer usually from a larger company has changed the access code from the default “61000000” code.

can you please assist??

thanks in advanced for your time
    Mark

Thanks

have a look at how old the posts are & the last activity of the person you are asking information from.

I wouldn't hold your breath wait for a reply.

Thanks

Just default and reprogram panel if you can not get in via software.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast