Thread: Is it just me

Thanks

Default Is it just me

Hi guys im new hear, and im not technicaly minded but to me it seems like sony is ripping us off big time.I have a ps3 80gig mod (pianio finish) its not more than 2 years old. and its started not reading disks proberly and freezing in cerntain games.Now my console has had minumal use may be 4 hours a week use, now to me the console should last way longer than that before having majour issue like a bad laser.Like i said is it just me or is this acceptable now with technolgy.I mean i had and still have a ps2 and it got more use and it still works no problem at all.Any feed back would be great guys to help me understand this cheers.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Welcome to Austech.

Heh.. Mate that's technology for you...Even regular light globes could be made to last 30x longer, but they still die on us frequently with their short lifespan.

Regarding the freezing and disc-reading issues, keep in mind your laser works overtime if you're playing rented games that might be heavily scratched or contain smudges of fingerprints/dust/dirt on the disc (etc). Based on your suggested weekly use that sounds pretty strange to me that isn't only last that long. My PS2 is still going strong too, albeit that it's used very infrequently these days.

The good thing with Xbox DVD flashing and the jailbreaking USB hack for the PS3 essentially allows you to pro-long your DVD drive/lasers lifespan by playing games from file instead of using the regular disc (as we all know), the good news is you don't have to buy a new PS3 or even a new DVD drive, just replace with a NEW laser and that should get you going for years to come. Goodluck with it.

RoOSTA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joc View Post
    Hi guys im new hear, and im not technicaly minded but to me it seems like sony is ripping us off big time.I have a ps3 80gig mod (pianio finish) its not more than 2 years old. and its started not reading disks proberly and freezing in cerntain games.Now my console has had minumal use may be 4 hours a week use, now to me the console should last way longer than that before having majour issue like a bad laser.Like i said is it just me or is this acceptable now with technolgy.I mean i had and still have a ps2 and it got more use and it still works no problem at all.Any feed back would be great guys to help me understand this cheers.
    Sadly this new generation of console gaming has come with a new set of technical issues...

It is my opinion that both Microsoft and Sony rushed their consoles to the market. Microsoft initially rushing the XBOX 360 to the market to have a 1 year dominance to gain a lead (which has worked but at a cost) and Sony rushed the Playstation 3 to the market so it would not lose any more valuable time to the XBOX 360 in sales.

This resulted in many forms of failing XBOX 360's and Playstation 3's. Whether it was heating, insufficient cooling, defective DVD and/or Blu-ray drives or bad manufacturing in the factories the consoles were made all the way to bad design of the consoles internally... Rushing is rushing at the end of the day.

I think it is only now in this console generation (which is almost 5 years in with the XBOX 360 and 4 years in with the Playstation 3) that both corporations have taken the necessary measures for both consoles (360slim and PS3slim) to fall under the acceptable fail rate percentage.

This I guess does not help you all that much but you will find here people who offer services that could repair your faulty Playstation 3 for you. Many of which do this for a living and can provide you warranties on parts and/or service.

I wish you all the best & welcome to these great forums!
    Last edited by A7; 18-10-10 at 08:34 PM.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTRE x64.

Thanks

Joc, my son had the same prob with xbox, hardly ever used, the laser was stuffed,
    A7mad is correct they simply mad rubbish cheap and nasty.
    It is a well known fact i'm afraid. Sorry to add to your bad news.