Thread: Anyone come across a faulty PS3break v1.1?

Thanks

Default Anyone come across a faulty PS3break v1.1?

Hey guys,

I've personally used and sold generic USB programmers as opposed to buying this kind of 'branded' stuff; but a customer has brought me their PS3break they had just received to say it isn't working at all. Of course, I am seeking help from the actual site's support team, but thought I'd post it here as well.

Customer has a fat PS3, 3.41. Switched off console, plugged in the USB device. Switched on the console at the back, then proceeded following the PDF instructions provided by PS3BREAK.com by physically pressing the POWER and EJECT buttons in succession...but no light on the dongle...nothing...ther PS3 will then boot normally. He has told me the dongle light WILL FLASH when connected to his PC and seems to be recognised when connected when connected to the suggested software...hmmm

I too, have a fat PS3 on the same system update which I've used for other jailbreaks without an issue, when i use this one - same issue...I haven't come across this before, especially for something that you'd typically rate highly as its being sold by many other business around the world - you think it'd be a breeze to run...

-----------------

Anyway, I've connected to my PC and managed to reset the device (didn't help), tried to erase the device and rewrite the latest HEX code to the device which seems to have worked fine...but as I have no experience with the PS3break specifically - is it normal to WRITE the hex code, then when its finished just say "DEVICE REMOVED" on screen? Even after a reset, seconds later it just says 'device removed'. I've tried everything I could to get it working but even updating it hasn't helped. There's nothing else that I could have wiped is there? As it wasn't working in the beginning.

Any advice would be appreciated. I've emailed the PS3break guys a day ago.

Cheers
    RoOSTA

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roosta View Post

Any advice would be appreciated. I've emailed the PS3break guys a day ago.
    Advice = Don't hold your breathe waiting for a reply.

• The Following User Says Thank You to urban_s0ulja For This Useful Post:

best4less (20-10-10)

Thanks

Truly helpful.

Got it working on my PS3, now to try his...Quite funny, 1.2 and 1.1 suggested firmware wasn't working on this USB device, 1.0 was? That sounds a little retarded, but nonetheless has allowed me to read/write without fail and now boots as it should. Anyone having this problem, try using older firmware when reading/writing/erase the donglefor an update

RoOSTA
    Last edited by roosta; 21-10-10 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks

Follow the instructions on how to turn it on but hold down the eject button.
    Works for me every time